Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Embarrassing to drive a Subaru when...

richm

I love my Subaru, but it can be...

;) Embarrassing to drive a Subaru when:

- The front page of the Herald features another crashed WRX failing to take a corner

- The right lane of the motorway is being held up by someone driving a Subaru

- They idiots on Police 10-7 are driving a Subaru

- You can hear one 2 blocks away

- Description in Dog and Lemon guide states "assume trashed & crashed"

- Documentary about boy racers features footage of idiots doing burnouts... in a Subaru

- One compares maintenance history and dollars spent with a Toyota owner

- You see a poorly modified Subaru with 18 gauges, no suspension and 20 thousand dollar mags.

- You see a poorly maintained Subaru with dents, scratches, bits broken, never cleaned

- You read Subaru makes up 4 of the top 10 most stolen cars

- You come home late and wake your neighbours

- You apply for insurance and are told the bill

Additions:

- And its really easy to speed in one liquid_ice

- its worth 1/3 of what you paid in like 4 years ODB

- no one will give way/let you in cause you look like common filth? slystiguy

- you roll up next to an evo in your stock subi? slystiguy

- when people ask how many motors you've been through nt_a_foz

- when driving my new scooby home on the night i got it with the blowen turbo!!!! S T E Y E

- When the accalerator cable snaps in the middle of town when ur turning right at a very busy intersection haha WRXER

- Every time you're at some lights, a little punk wants to give you a go familyman

- "I bought it thinking it would pull chicks but sadly it seems to drive them away ..." matdaymon

- when you drive slow past schools but still get evils/fingers b/c it's loud so they seem to still think I'm speeding QIK_KAS

- the fact you can't f'n sneak anywhere b/c people here you come/leave a mile away QIK_KAS

- when it has broken down AGAIN, and I'm on the side of the road waiting for AA and people drive past and laugh and comment about typical Subarus Qik_KAS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firenza']

[quote name='richm said:

So why would I not sell my Subaru? Because it's an addition.

/quote]

Its an addition to what?

Apart from that bit, I know what you mean ;D Unfortunatly its part and parcel of having a Subaru :-\

I must say nothing else compares to driving one, I would never go back to any thing else ;D

Firenza']

[quote name='richm said:

So why would I not sell my Subaru? Because it's an addition.

/quote]

Its an addition to what?

Apart from that bit, I know what you mean ;D Unfortunatly its part and parcel of having a Subaru :-\

Missed the "c" in addiction. Thanks for that. I have corrected it.

aim']

[quote name='richm said:

So why would I not sell my Subaru?/quote]

Because I don't give a s*** what anyone else thinks. I love driving it.

And its really easy to speed in one....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

its worth 1/3 of what you paid in like 4 years hahaha.

On a serious note there were plenty of times i test drove other dars and found nothing matched the practicality and performance mix that my WRX had.

Test drove a batman and loved it performance wise but with the fuel consumption and practicality it wasnt an option.

Test drove an Altezza 6 speed and whilst i loved the looks and ride (it had HKS hypermax II i think) the performance left me lukewarm.

Test drove a s14 Ks and it wasnt as practical and it didnt feel as good performance wise.

It was more lift circumstances and addiction to snowboarding that made me change.

Next performance car i get will be either a larger cruiser type or a small N/A old school ride.

Still love the WRX forever though!

ODB said:

Test drove a batman and loved it performance wise but with the fuel consumption and practicality it wasnt an option.

Lucky for some, I cant even sit in one lol

My knees hit the dash and my head hits the roof, I tried to get in one and drive it

Head on side with my face pressed into the roof and cant change gears cause my knees were up beisde the steering wheel and that's with the seat all the way back!!!

liquid_ice']

[quote name='richm said:

So why would I not sell my Subaru?/quote]

Because I don't give a s*** what anyone else thinks. I love driving it.

And its really easy to speed in one....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

haha shut up you! :P

I am never embarrassed when driving MY RX as all i have to think is who else made an AWD TURBO car in 1986 :) that u can buy now for $1200,if any one says anything about their brand of car,I always suggest that they take 1500 bux and go buy a car from 1986 that will keep up with it

ReubenH said:

And I never have an issue with rolling up next to an Evo. I know I have equal performance to a stock evo 8

quantified by what?

perhaps(only perhaps) you could beat one straight line but its doubtful, and you would get wasted on the track due to handling.

Your wagon is cool and no one is denying that but the handling and weight differences between a wagon and an Evo 8 make that a very outlandish statement indeed!

GravelBen']

[quote name='ODB said:

...and weight differences between a wagon and an Evo 8 make that a very outlandish statement indeed!

/quote]

Factory figures: Evo 8 1410kg, BG5 GTB 1430kg. Not much difference really!

Statistics can make an argument come down on your side eh bro?

Funny how wikipedia states weight is 1320kgs to 1410kgs.

ODB']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

And I never have an issue with rolling up next to an Evo. I know I have equal performance to a stock evo 8

/quote]

quantified by what?

perhaps(only perhaps) you could beat one straight line but its doubtful, and you would get wasted on the track due to handling.

Your wagon is cool and no one is denying that but the handling and weight differences between a wagon and an Evo 8 make that a very outlandish statement indeed!

Not that I want to continue this thread off-topic, but I used to think my GTB E-tune was fast, but I had a b s o l u t e l y n o i d e a until I bought my STI. Now, I laugh at GTB owners when they try it on thinking to myself "what are they thinking?"

Wikipedia is written by amateurs, it is not a source of reliable information.