Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Embarrassing to drive a Subaru when...

richm

richm']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

And I never have an issue with rolling up next to an Evo. I know I have equal performance to a stock evo 8

/quote]

quantified by what?

perhaps(only perhaps) you could beat one straight line but its doubtful, and you would get wasted on the track due to handling.

Your wagon is cool and no one is denying that but the handling and weight differences between a wagon and an Evo 8 make that a very outlandish statement indeed!

Not that I want to continue this thread off-topic, but I used to think my GTB E-tune was fast, but I had a b s o l u t e l y n o i d e a until I bought my STI. Now, I laugh at GTB owners when they try it on thinking to myself "what are they thinking?" Wikipedia is written by amateurs, it is not a source of reliable infomration.

meh was the first thing that came up.

In Reubens defence he doesnt have a stock GTB its single turbo.

Still doesnt make up for technological advances and road holding of the evo 8 imo though.

Dont get me wrong Reubs im not hating on you or the beast, but i was just interested in how you quantified your statement.

track times? 1/4 mile times?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ODB']

And I never have an issue with rolling up next to an Evo. I know I have equal performance to a stock evo 8

/quote]

quantified by what?

GSR = 1410kg RS with 6 speed 1350kg RS with 5 speed 1310kg

1. a stock EVO 8 will make more peak power. About 190kw atw

2. A stock EVO 8 will spool faster and make much more midrange power. about 165kw at 4500rpm

3. Bugger all of them are stock anyways... add an exhaust +20kw easy

Qwerty']

/quote]

quantified by what?

GSR = 1410kg RS with 6 speed 1350kg RS with 5 speed 1310kg

1. a stock EVO 8 will make more peak power. About 190kw atw

2. A stock EVO 8 will spool faster and make much more midrange power. about 165kw at 4500rpm

3. Bugger all of them are stock anyways... add an exhaust +20kw easy

those figures are the same as wikipedia......oh shoot.

this plus the better handling plus points 1 and 2 = reuben spouting off with no real clue?

DRFVDR said:

I am never embarrassed when driving MY RX as all i have to think is who else made an AWD TURBO car in 1986 :) that u can buy now for $1200,if any one says anything about their brand of car,I always suggest that they take 1500 bux and go buy a car from 1986 that will keep up with it

Speaking of which, this GEM popped up in a thread i started on NASIOC a few days ago. Nice to know now all americans chuck their old cars in the tip the moment a new model is out. There was also a EJ20G'd one, but didn't look so nice.

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0921.jpg

DSCN0925.jpg

And ODB off on one of you little side tracks again. You could just not bother, I'm sure everyone would be happier for it.

And I am as to no illusion of the handling and weight difference between legacy's and imprezas, and evo's etc. Just to make that perfectly clear. Nothing beats road/track/car knowledge though, simple as that.

ReubenH']

And ODB off on one of you little side tracks again. You could just not bother, I'm sure everyone would be happier for it.

And I am as to no illusion of the handling and weight difference between legacy's and imprezas, and evo's etc. Just to make that perfectly clear. Nothing beats road/track/car knowledge though, simple as that.

Well no, not really.

You said you have no problems rolling up next to an Evo 8 as you know you have equal performance.

I just wanted to know on what basis you say something like that.

Given that the Evo has better driveability, far better handling and road holding, less weight, more technological aids etc etc.......... I just thought it was a pretty out there statement.

Unless you have times or figures to back up your claim....????

Or are you basing this claim purely on :

Nothing beats road/track/car knowledge though, simple as that.

If this is the case you are assuming the Evo 8 driver is inferior to yourself and this is why you have no problem rolling up next to him?

Im somewhat confused at your foggy logic.

I have never been embarrased to have driven any of the 27 cars i have owned..

I do find it a bit annoying when people keep refering to a few old members moving on to fresh pastures as signaling the demise of a club that seems to be in good shape and attracting new people on a daily basis.

No point in dwelling on the good old days...move on and keep the club an interesting and dynamic place to visit.

pedro said:

I have never been embarrased to have driven any of the 27 cars i have owned..

I do find it a bit annoying when people keep refering to a few old members moving on to fresh pastures as signaling the demise of a club that seems to be in good shape and attracting new people on a daily basis.

No point in dwelling on the good old days...move on and keep the club an interesting and dynamic place to visit.

Yeah, only a handful of old members have deleted their accounts. But they were all longstanding members who had plenty to give. Also, whose to say how many we've lost who havent bothered to delte their accounts?

Some of the shit these new members bring is downright embarresing.

• General Member
 wrx_lou said:

Yeah, only a handful of old members have deleted their accounts. But they were all longstanding members who had plenty to give. Also, whose to say how many we've lost who havent bothered to delte their accounts?

Some of the s*** these new members bring is downright embarresing.

Quoted for truth!!!

Johnnynz']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

/quote]

Quoted for truth!!!

Only some of the new members though ;D

Ive never been embarresed to drive my subi! Well...apart from when i first got it...i couldnt drive manual...tis not fun stalling....::)

Guest S T  E Y E

it was pretty embarasing driving my new scooby home on the night i got it with the blowen turbo!!!!

the noise it was making (loud ass whining) from the turbo still spooling but the fins were so damaged it couldnt even make 1 psi boost haha

Johnnynz']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

/quote]

Quoted for truth!!!

some of the old members are tards too, and they just keep on hanging around! there will always be tards on an open forum. it;s just trying to keep the tards quiet so they don't piss off all the good members is the hard part

I have an ever-morphing list of who is a tard and who needs smacked down.

Was inherited from someone i believe (cant remember who now) and I have canvassed the opinion of such luminaries as BC5RA, Nt_a_Tard/Foz, Keltik etc etc to edit list as seen fit.

The good thing about my list is that its possible to move out of tard territory and into GC territory.

However its true the other way around.

TBH i have to admit the tard list is looking a lot skinnier than the GC list so.......pat on the back CS!

nztintin said:

some of the old members are tards too, and they just keep on hanging around! there will always be tards on an open forum. it;s just trying to keep the tards quiet so they don't piss off all the good members is the hard part

Definately true.

aim said:

You know Tony's Tyre service does free puncture repairs, right? :P

Haha... fair point, but:

1) Nobody will repair dirty great slices in the sidewall.

2) When they happen at speed on gravel the tyre can get quite munched before you even notice its going flat.

3) I haven't had any since switching from T1-Rs and Eagle F1s to the RE001 so its less relevant now anyway.