• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S T  E Y E
 sti8u said:

just keep guning it and kick the s*** outa the clutch haha

mine does about 190 then cuts ah

haha geeeez thort i was the ruggedest guy on the forum but that takes the cake hahahahaha

Guest S T  E Y E

aw yea nz new cars never have limiters or 180 dashes ...... is the sti orange afm a 90mm one??? i needa get a joiner for mine haha cbf measuring it yet

S T E Y E said:

aw yea nz new cars never have limiters or 180 dashes ...... is the sti orange afm a 90mm one??? i needa get a joiner for mine haha cbf measuring it yet

Not entirely correct. Mine is a NZ-new STI and it has 180k speedo and an unobtrusively installed HKS speed limiter cut than raised top speed to 195kms.

al']

[quote name='S T E Y E said:

/quote]Not entirely correct. Mine is a NZ-new STI and it has 180k speedo and an unobtrusively installed HKS speed limiter cut than raised top speed to 195kms.

wish mine was a sti what year nz new? as i know of a couple like mine

And people will say but my 1600cc has a speedo for 240 doesn't mean and can get there but my cars geared to go that high, its ratio's are different to a jap import.

Mind you it takes it time getting there as the turbo looses its puff over 240 then its just the engine power.

edit

plus you run out of road fast and the road becomes like ice but that could just of been my shitty tires.

plus i don't recommend doing it other than on a track i was younger and more stupider and didn't think of the big picture.

al']

[quote name='S T E Y E said:

/quote]Not entirely correct. Mine is a NZ-new STI and it has 180k speedo and an unobtrusively installed HKS speed limiter cut than raised top speed to 195kms.

mine is nz new and has a 180k speedo... not sure on speed cut though... never hit it before replacing ECU anyway...

Only NZ new GC8 WRXs had 240km/h speedos and no speed limiter as they were in export spec.

NZ STI's up to v10 (IIRC) were JDM spec- 180km/h speedo + speed limiter.

Loren's and mine fall into that category.

Some NZ BD RS/BH GTB Legacies had 240km/h speedos too.

Not sure what the story was on those, local option perhaps ?

Back in those days SNZ did offer speedo/ECU upgrades to remove the speed limiter.

newsuba said:

Only NZ new GC8 WRXs had 240km/h speedos and no speed limiter as they were in export spec.

NZ STI's up to v10 (IIRC) were JDM spec- 180km/h speedo + speed limiter.

Loren's and mine fall into that category.

Some NZ BD RS/BH GTB Legacies had 240km/h speedos too.

Not sure what the story was on those, local option perhaps ?

Back in those days SNZ did offer speedo/ECU upgrades to remove the speed limiter.

nz new v7 wrx had 260 speedo and no speed cut as well

funkytown']

[quote name='al said:

Taupo, Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Sybill Lupp's testing track*

*not entirely legal, and patrolled regularly

/quote]

its only the ez30r.. and its heavy so would take a bit of winding up to get that fast - so has to be somewhere long enough ;D

* and then haul its arse to a stop

Guess that's 'only' 180kw - will be too slow for you :o ;D

al said:

Taupo, Pukekohe, Hampton Downs, Sybill Lupp's testing track*

*not entirely legal, and patrolled regularly

Perfect for testing It out then eh ;D go fast or get caught...

Mine was imported f*** knows when . Has 180 dash but no speed cut...I know this coz I proved it the day my big end blew...:(