Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

young teenagers doing skids on the streets

unlike most teenages who are in love with RWD cars and in love with doing skids i think skids are pretty stuip to be honest and a waste of time,tyres & money , does anyone else argree? or is it just me haha?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skids are fine,i reckon there stupid in public places near people were some one can get hurt.but if you live out in the middle of no were and there heaps of room why not do skids,it is a waste of tyres?money not so much if you enjoy doing it,

WRXER said:

Find them boring as hell, don't understand the fascination with a burnout.

Agreed. Dont see the point.

Its not even like its a challenge to do a skid in cars these days, increase revs, drop clutch, done. Woo, how fun.

Going around corners fast... now thats what real men do.

drifiting a car round a corner is both a legitimate and fun method of cornering, and it requires skill if you are to do it faster than not drifiting. i.e. a drift around a tight hair pin is faster than just driving around it, but it does take a lot of practice.

I'm talking auto crossing and street sprints here, not pimple faces in rotas.

loren said:

drifiting a car round a corner is both a legitimate and fun method of cornering, and it requires skill if you are to do it faster than not drifiting. i.e. a drift around a tight hair pin is faster than just driving around it, but it does take a lot of practice.

Like this Loren??

LOL

4978_1161328867772_1064313886_30498641_5

madmike']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

Like this Loren??

LOL

4978_1161328867772_1064313886_30498641_5

doesn't look like a tight hairpin to me mike, but if drifting that corner would be faster than driving a nice line

through it, good on ya!

Guest S T  E Y E

hahaha skids are pretty gay....

but yea drifting is way way better IMO than doin a gay burnout with the brake on....if u hold the brake ur a bitch to be honest haha...

with all my RBs i got sick of skids but never got sick of drifting and going curb to curb down a straight road hahahaha...

each to their own tho aye

now i got the suby i cant do skids (without breaking it) so i guess ive grown up in a way haha

loren said:

With every post you sound like more of a d1ck head.

oneslty people like yu annyoy me.if ur guna psot negitive stuff dont post at all!hes putting his 2sence in and everyone is learning.

KwS said:

Well, this particular point I find pretty interesting. Given that we're talking about skids on the street, is going fast around 'street' corners what real men do? or am I taking it out of context?

For arguments sake, let's say you did mean street corners, is that really any better than someone doing a burnout in a crowded public area? Someone else suggested that's really irresponsible but if you've got the brakes on ("like a b!tch", wasn't it STEYE?) and you're going no more than 20 kmhr; which activity do we all think has the greater risk of death or serious injury?

I'm not saying I didn't buy a WRX to enjoy some rapid trips from A to B but a moron tailgating me around blind corners because they think they're clever really winds me up. So long as you can see what's coming, give it the jandal. If you can't, you're a danger to yourself and anyone around that corner.

I love seeing a burnout and have done a few in the past but time and place, like Dubbed said. Places like boat ramps for example; don't you hate it when the boat needs all that extra mumbo just to be dragged out?

Last but not least...are you in Mantrol?

sti8u']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

oneslty people like yu annyoy me.if ur guna psot negitive stuff dont post at all!hes putting his 2sence in and everyone is learning.

well, your on my top 5 d1ck heads list, so not sure i care.

I dunno, kicking the tail out in a RWD car is always fun for me :P Or the scandanavian flick if you're on gravel, I understand 'skids'. Who doesn't like that sliding feeling?

Burnouts however, I don't really understand.

loren']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

well, your on my top 5 d1ck heads list, so not sure i care.

be good girls and play nice

-smurff

Munga']

[quote name='KwS said:

/quote]

Well, this particular point I find pretty interesting. Given that we're talking about skids on the street, is going fast around 'street' corners what real men do? or am I taking it out of context?

For arguments sake, let's say you did mean street corners, is that really any better than someone doing a burnout in a crowded public area? Someone else suggested that's really irresponsible but if you've got the brakes on ("like a b!tch", wasn't it STEYE?) and you're going no more than 20 kmhr; which activity do we all think has the greater risk of death or serious injury?

I'm not saying I didn't buy a WRX to enjoy some rapid trips from A to B but a moron tailgating me around blind corners because they think they're clever really winds me up. So long as you can see what's coming, give it the jandal. If you can't, you're a danger to yourself and anyone around that corner.

I love seeing a burnout and have done a few in the past but time and place, like Dubbed said. Places like boat ramps for example; don't you hate it when the boat needs all that extra mumbo just to be dragged out?

Last but not least...are you in Mantrol?

Out of context, Keep it on the track. Same goes for drifting, skids etc, keep it in a controlled environment.