Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1990 legacy 3.3l

So I just spent hours on workin on new intake and stuff in car. Finally got it running pretty good for a 18 year old, 263000km on the clock, badly treated by me mum and brothers for the last few years, car.

Now it developed a knock/ rattle under load and any thing over idle, in the bottom end. Can feel the metal bashing with just a hand on the engine.

So I get to talking with me ole mate about the two eg33s i have on the floor of my shed and it is pretty quickly turnung into the cheapest option to get car running.

So unless any of you can talk me out of it there will be a new project under way in a couple of hours.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

zarnah said:

if you dont do it and post up a thread about it then your man-parts will shrink away

I'm pretty much married so thats not an issue

update

no pics as yet i suppose i better go take some

the ej20 is on its way out

the eg33 and rebuilt box sittin there ready to go in

the radiator wont be an issue will move it further forward and put pusher fans on it ......

pics to come

ok as u know it is a 1990 GT wagn

factory 5 speed(bonus)

IMG_3941.JPG

the ej20t on its way out

IMG_3942.JPG

donor engine number one with SVX in need of gearbox in background

IMG_3943.JPG

donor engine number two(just incase) actually it the jetboat one but it is a spare at the moment

IMG_3944.JPG

rebuilt 5 speed gearbox we had lying around(was originally going in the SVX but we decided against it)

IMG_3945.JPG

oh just a spare closed deck ej20 block i think it is one of 4 we have

IMG_3946.JPg

a spare SVX radiator

IMG_3947.JPG

Some soon to be spare bits :)

well the engine is in the hole and mated to the 5 speed,

came up against a few issues but we will sort them

drivers side exhaust will have to be modified (bloody cross member in the way)

and we still not sure wot we gonna do about the radiator it may end up having no aircon ?

and bonnet wont close completely but we will try the legacy alternator mounts and see if it lower....

IMG_3948.JPG

new fly wheel fitted...

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3951.JPG

will it fit :)

IMG_3952.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

damn looks like the gearbox needs to come out again

IMG_3956.JPG

would that be a gnats hair clearance

IMG_3959.JPG

Well that answers that question an eg33 does fit :) :) :)

IMG_3960.JPG

plenty room back here

IMG_3962.JPG

dont think a radiator will fit here(yet)

we are considering getting a NA bonnet and VZ badging should make for a pretty damn good sleeper

we were pleasantly surprised that the ride height seems to have remained the same

Old Skool Subbie said:

lol. as far as i know no one has fitted a eg33 in a legacy here in nz?

so you maybe the 1st? :)

been done a few times in oz

Don't know of anyone doing a legacy, but maclennan performance are building a turboed EG33 WRX..