Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

If nothing else it\'s a safeguard

At speed a TMIC and a FMIC will work the same - the difference is whenever you\'re stopped, the TMIC (and scoop above it) act as a chimney for engine bay air, and the thing gets quite hot. My record was 70deg while in the maccas drive through haha - you can see the heat waves. I even tried putting fans under mine pulling air down which worked to a degree

So imagine you sit on the start line of your chosen thing (drag strip, kent terrace, grid at some sprint thing) - and woohoo you have a completely useless intercooler until it can cool down enough to do its job again. Yes a massive top mount will "support" 280kW on the dyno but that goes out the window for that 20-30 sec it takes for it to cool down after getting cooked

There is the ever so slightest change in "response" but its not the sort of thing you\'d ever pick up on unless you fanged it back to back repeatedly and were trying to notice - the piping length isn\'t even *that* long compared to most east-west engined cars - the pipework on an evo for example is not much shorter at all, nobody ever converted one to top-mount to gain a little bit of response either

The argument goes out the window for rally / race cars a bit, since they don\'t have the heat soak issue to worry about

p.s sorry for the long winded opinion piece, quiet morning at work

evowrx']

[quote name='Roo said:

I\'d say he\'ll want a decent bulb not a narva one :P

/quote]

Lets try a little research before you make calls sir. :P

Lol research, dude I\'m an auto sparky i\'ve seen countless people coming in thinking there\'s something wrong with their car cause they\'re replacing narva bulbs and they keep blowing.

Replace with hella and just like magic no more trouble, funny that.

Roo']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

Lol research, dude I\'m an auto sparky i\'ve seen countless people coming in thinking there\'s something wrong with their car cause they\'re replacing narva bulbs and they keep blowing.

That is such a flawed theory. You do get the whole made in germany/osram touch? Narva have come a hell of a long way in the last 5 years people who use it know that. Hella do a lot more R&D in the truck/work lighting side of things no doubt about it.

Borg would be up with this having new shit but do you run into many of the late as europe stuff popping bulbs with charging to high? Common issue with a few merc and vw vans/buses up here. Genuine bulbs were osram anyway everything would pop within 2 months.

evowrx']

[quote name='Roo said:

/quote]

That is such a flawed theory. You do get the whole made in germany/osram touch? Narva have come a hell of a long way in the last 5 years people who use it know that. Hella do a lot more R&D in the truck/work lighting side of things no doubt about it.

Borg would be up with this having new s*** but do you run into many of the late as europe stuff popping bulbs with charging to high? Common issue with a few merc and vw vans/buses up here. Genuine bulbs were osram anyway everything would pop within 2 months.

MMAATTEEEEE :) totally over "new" vehicles blowing bulbs Merc,Toyota,Nissan 6 months old and having to replace bulbs, I only ever fit Hella( or who ever makes their bulbs Philips,Osram) and have of late been fitting Rough sevice ones to get better longevity

Knew that would be the case. Worse when people leave headlights on as drl purpose like couriers 12-4 hours on end. Yea tighter heavier filament definitely plays a part. Osram make narva and hella halogen poss phillips as well but Im out of that loop trying to fill my head with oil and filtration now lol.

• Guest locked this topic