• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Straight Bolt On Turbos

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funkytown said:

that one is a garrett 3071r hybrid that sits in factory position, with rear housing to match (slightly smaller than genuine gt3071r)

the middle one is a factory vf34...

the first one - see if you can guess. I dont feel like ruining the fun.

My bet is a VF22. Good top end but takes a while to get there.

it seems to follow the same curve as the garrett unit. it makes less power but it's running 2psi less boost too, so would probably make similar power across most of the range under comparable circumstances. why are the lower rpms not shown?

vorigan']

[quote name='pappu said:

Hmm 23.2psi max ay

Sounds good

Is the unknown turbo a sm vf23

/quote]

after speaking with someone that dyno tuned a certain persons car yesterday informing of all the veriables of all the setups and changing sweep rates ramp versus step on the dyno you can make it read whatever you like.

im due to be down welly way in the next month im so hanging out for a friendly catch up with customers.

I'm keen to catch up, You name the place, Would be good to meet you rather than just over the phone, Andy will probably come out for a catch up too. Maybe you can go for a drive in his car and see what you think of the tune. I'll probably give you a couple of throttle bodies to work on when you get a chance too

sultan said:

it seems to follow the same curve as the garrett unit. it makes less power but it's running 2psi less boost too, so would probably make similar power across most of the range under comparable circumstances. why are the lower rpms not shown?

from memory another 2psi made another 4kw. So was out of legs

vorigan said:

after speaking with someone that dyno tuned a certain persons car yesterday informing of all the veriables of all the setups and changing sweep rates ramp versus step on the dyno you can make it read whatever you like.

you just learnt this?

what's great about the information posted is that it is from the same car, same engine setup, same dyno, same dyno settings same same same :) Just different turbos.

so apart from dyno operator conspiracies, any other theories?

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/mseturbos/v4sti.jpg?t=1305717920

no tuning done straight bolt in back to back,3" exh stock engine pump gas( and more responcive than stock thats a crap outcome)

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/mseturbos/targacar.jpg?t=1305717920

20psi 3" retune even with drop off on topend made 245kw wheel, stock engine pump gas

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/mseturbos/stacecardyno.jpg?t=1305717920

mse spec 3076 even with boost drop off at 20psi 315kw wheels pump gas

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/mseturbos/kentstarmacrallycar.jpg?t=1305717920

mse spec built 3076, mse spec 35r light head work mild cams front mount,ems ecu back to back pump gas.

All these cars dont just run on the dyno they hold many titles and records out in the real world where it backs up the dyno sheet not just stroking your ego, and they know how to drive.

Have another 50 plus sheets(subs) here covering many spec builds, PSBM are sending others from grp N i do thru to hill climb setups for 2 and 2.5 with engine spec,all using my crap units that dont do the job.

Will post v8 back to back mse 16g upgrades with reflash done only 240kw 18psi/ 7 no tune 3" exh 18psi 238kw wheel crap mse big 16g upgrade.

Spec sheet and dyno for afew 2.5 with rods and pistons only stock top mount link g4 mse td06/5 18psi pump gas stock throttle body 3"exh 18psi 295kw wheel, full boost 3200( PSBM TUNE )

Will postopy of v4 coupe 2.2 mild cams, front mount, mse throttle body,old plug in link,pump gas,split rails etc, 25psi 383kw wheel crappy mse td06/5.

Finding the spec sheet for GT1 sti couple jason lefting again a crap mse built unit and from mem 560hp wheel,but that had stock forged sub pistons and egale rods winning GT1 2LTR class.

Use whatever products make you happy and suit your budget and the dollar value that matches the outcome and im sure youll be happy as a pig in s***.

opps forgot the twin turbo nissan jet sprint motor i did mse made ( yes i made the unit cast in nz ) 890hp@6500 800ft/lb@3000 to 6800 all on 6psi,gez i make under performing crap units

Dam forgot again Mark Chromies 5 twins world endurance boat making 1700hp at 14psi yep you got crap built mse units.

Worlds quickest 1800 gsr 490kw wheel@28psi using piece of crap under performing mse td07/6 ( cast myself ) 9.25@154mph, also my setups won the scotish hill climb champs( google it) blah blah blah blah blah blah.

NZ first 7 sec rota and highest hp output again custom made underperforming mse unit.

NZ quickest supra yep the mse s*** again,

NZ first 10sec gtst 10.004, mse s*** again but nearly 15yrs ago so i havent got any better.

A couple of puke 6hr class wins for a mse built mazda, a little 2002 open bmw 780hp mse spec build quickest in open bmw.

And sitting in the shop is the start of a 1000hp sti coupe yep again under performing mse turbo setup.

Dyno sheets are great for stoking egos, take ya toy to the track/strip or where ever and shows what it can realy do in the real world setting fastest times or lap records !!!!

Ive only got 20plus years of this to post but hay ill get one of them right one day but youll never keep everyone happy and im not going to try......

And then we have a vf23 :'( that a few have a hang up on but i can see there current builds payed off big time awesume, ones a right off i believe so its all turned out fantastic or maybe just karma.

Now lets see these key board turbo pros open a shop and show us all how its done, should be easy to top the crap ive done as i have no idea what im doing.

and don't forget the 400 metre burnout machine in your garage steve haha

do you have dyno from this one man? would love to see it

link g4 mse td06/5 18psi pump gas stock throttle body 3"exh 18psi 295kw wheel, full boost 3200( PSBM TUNE )

fuck thats some info right there!

just wondering on the very first one.it has a vf23 modded with a 16g?

can yu explain this abit more?

cheers

sti8u said:

f*** thats some info right there!

just wondering on the very first one.it has a vf23 modded with a 16g?

can yu explain this abit more?

cheers

No prob that was a stock back to back on the same dyno and day,big 16g comp wheel backcut turbine and thats it.

the comment made about lack of mid range responce and power shows a differant story as everyone else has found that used them bar the gifted ones.

Any good responsiable tuner or car owner wouldnt be to smart to bolt anything more on a unknown condition engine even with lowish km's and tell the customer "yea bro itll handle more" and has to explain the hole in the block or a run bearing.

Its funny to compare the 3076 to someone else that made alot more power on less boost, but as has been said "what's great about the information posted is that it is from the same car, same engine setup, same dyno, same dyno settings same same same Just different turbos".

Must be something wrong here but since my piece of shit usless crap mse turbo setup won its class in targa a few times then the problem must be?

I will add more engine details on many more ive done including cam timing igniton timing, compression intake temps ramp rates etc etc etc but just ignore it all cause my stuffs shit and i have no idea what im doing.

sultan said:

and don't forget the 400 metre burnout machine in your garage steve haha

do you have dyno from this one man? would love to see it

link g4 mse td06/5 18psi pump gas stock throttle body 3"exh 18psi 295kw wheel, full boost 3200( PSBM TUNE )

hahaha cheers dude you mean my grandads 5 series bmw? na its just all shit yourve seen and that tiny little cheap chinese turbo going on it itll never work like that 600kw holden ute i showedu on 12psi na just all bullshit and hear say.

did you have a look at me being a drop kick in me 5hp briggs kids kart?

crazysteve.mov imagine if i knew what i was doing and it actually went well?

all those tropheys on my shelf was from being a dick, i should apply myself one day :D :D

I don't know anything about turbos, so don't take this the wrong way as it is just an observation. I think an event or title win in any motorsport is generally the sum of a lot of different variables rather than just what turbo you have bolted on.

GC8E2DD said:

I don't know anything about turbos, so don't take this the wrong way as it is just an observation. I think an event or title win in any motorsport is generally the sum of a lot of different variables rather than just what turbo you have bolted on.

Not according to the speacial ones on here its the be all end all, but i totally agree with you no offence taken glad someone else can smell the coffee.

quote:

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee447/mseturbos/v4sti.jpg?t=1305717920

no tuning done straight bolt in back to back,3" exh stock engine pump gas( and more responcive than stock thats a crap outcome)

unquote

--

this is impressive mate!!!!

the mse turbo bolted back to back on same setup really whallops the vf22

did it have a boost controllercos the vf22 was holding 20 all the way to redline

why is the mse turbo dropping off boost midway? - or was it a boost setup that way..

the mse is all over the vf22...

plz give more details..

can u do a similar upgrade on a vf22?

will it net better results?