Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

is this car doggy?

Pappu1

basically from what i know - only the wrx came with the roof scoop

all sti never did

the ltd versions etc etc may have but they were wrx ltd or something along the lines

any sti shell never had option of roof vent - period

thats what i had gathered from interweb trawlings

incorect.

you could get a scoop on sti at least on version 5.

yes your right from what iv read the MAJORITY of scooped coupes are wrx but it was possible for a sti to get one rare thoug hmust of been optioned.

As said StiLTD aka josh has a v5 sti coupe with roof scoop and its definatly a sti lol

that would have been an expensive (dare i say silly option) - i mean the owners back in japan would have known easily the wrx and sti type r simply because of the scoop on the roof so for anyone to option a sti with wrx scoop could have been seen as having the lesser car ... lol.. just speculating..

its like buying a ummm (wel lets face it the new v11 sucks so wont use that example..)... err if the v8 lets say were the current model then it would be like - i will take the v8sti but put on the ghey spoiler in place of the big one and give a small scoop instead of the mean one..

ok - not an exact example but the point would be that the car would be "lesser" than what the thing really is..

anyhoo... thats what i was just thinking about the roof scoop option for thetype r shell...

but yea, this car def has issues...

Guest Fastfour
 pappu said:

its like buying a ummm (wel lets face it the new v11 sucks so wont use that example..)... err if the v8 lets say were the current model then it would be like - i will take the v8sti but put on the ghey spoiler in place of the big one ok - not an exact example but the point would be that the car would be "lesser" than what the thing really is..

Thats how a Ver8 Spec C comes.... so its a lesser model. hahaha

Fastfour']

[quote name='pappu said:

its like buying a ummm (wel lets face it the new v11 sucks so wont use that example..)... err if the v8 lets say were the current model then it would be like - i will take the v8sti but put on the ghey spoiler in place of the big one ok - not an exact example but the point would be that the car would be "lesser" than what the thing really is..

/quote]

Thats how a Ver8 Spec C comes.... so its a lesser model. hahaha

no way bro..

all the owners know that on the v8 sti - the roof scoop only came in the sti ra line of models so no question of that being a lesser model..

my thoughts were only related to that particular type r model where the wrx's were known for their roof scoops not sti.. so any roof scooped typr r would have been considered less than a non roof scoop typr r (talking about when the model was new back in sushi land..)

hmmm hope that made more sense lol

Guest Fastfour

Check the quote Pappu......

Ver8 spec c come with a small spolier, not the big one. So by your reasoning it would appear to be a lesser car.

To be fair its all a moot point anyway.

Fastfour said:

Check the quote Pappu......

Ver8 spec c come with a small spolier, not the big one. So by your reasoning it would appear to be a lesser car.

To be fair its all a moot point anyway.

tru tru..

maybe lets say v8 sti..

ah well it is a moot point all right.. 8)

anyhoo... i think i have too much time on my hands...lol...hahaha

pappu said:

my thoughts were only related to that particular type r model where the wrx's were known for their roof scoops not sti.. so any roof scooped typr r would have been considered less than a non roof scoop typr r (talking about when the model was new back in sushi land..)

hmmm hope that made more sense lol

Yep, and here's the proof...

Back with the v4 V-Limiteds, there was a WRX Type R coupe which got a roof vent, the STi Type R did not.

3ab17e6d.jpg

Subsequent v5 and v6 Limiteds only had STi Type R's, all got the roof vent.

v5

726c9650.jpg

v6

ad996f38.jpg

I always gavered that it had been stolen and had the subaru retina vin and etc welded in.

since its reged as a 95 it wouldnt need airbags would it? would that be why it could get away with the non air bag wheel?

I think thats to much for a car that could end up very dodgy

If it had been police recovered could you get something from the police that would say it was was recovered from a police oppration and that they now have No intrest in that car or something of that nature?

then maybe take it to get revinned etc

pappu said:

i like sushi. roof scoops, not so much. but sushi is delicious.

It's quite simple really...

The car IS a GC8 coupe (one that came factory with Roof vent and DCCD). Shouldn't be too dificult to narrow down.

When it was stolen, it probably had several different cars (several different versions probably) parts stuck on (along with the dodgy tags) to mask it's identity.

So, now, your being offered a nice (v-limited ish) coupe, with some good bits for bugger all...

:-\

DPI said:

It's quite simple really...

The car IS a GC8 coupe (one that came factory with Roof vent and DCCD). Shouldn't be too dificult to narrow down.

When it was stolen, it probably had several different cars (several different versions probably) parts stuck on (along with the dodgy tags) to mask it's identity.

So, now, your being offered a nice (v-limited ish) coupe, with some good bits for bugger all...

:-\

yeah, itd probably look real mint too if you removed all the ugly as hell stickers and tacky crap.

Old Skool Subbie said:

I always gavered that it had been stolen and had the subaru retina vin and etc welded in.

since its reged as a 95 it wouldnt need airbags would it? would that be why it could get away with the non air bag wheel?

I think thats to much for a car that could end up very dodgy

If it had been police recovered could you get something from the police that would say it was was recovered from a police oppration and that they now have No intrest in that car or something of that nature?

then maybe take it to get revinned etc

You can fill out a vehicle of intrest form from the copshop with vin and rego and police can stamp it saying they have no interest in this car,but i think police would (should) have removed the vin from computer so you have to get it complied as a new import, had a similar problem with my mates gsr lancer and it was cheaper to buy another 'on hold' body an trasfer everything into it. something to think about.

This car will be exactly as it look's Mechanically and aesthetically.

When it was stolen it had the Retina firewall welded in.

When it comes to insurance when it was recovered it would have a disclaimer, so it can be insured with no issues.