Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

In The Market For Some Wheels

Sooo, i need some new rear tyres, am on my spares as of yesterday as one of my direzzas is completly toast, if i go anything decent im looking at probably near 500 or more anyway, was looking at mag & turbo last night & got preapproved for $6k finance IF i want it.( i am NOT going to spend 6k at Mag & Turbo lol).. am dubious to go ahead as i dont like having things ticked up, everything else i own free & clear, BUT if i went for $2k loan for a set of 17's & tyres it would only be $26 a week repayments so not too bad at all. chuck some springs & probably get the brakes done at same time, probably over $2,500 - $3k, will try haggle with them on some sort of package deal i guess

anyone here financed through Mag & Turbo before? id be looking at the one on willis street as its pretty damn close to home? any horror stories?

was looking at these Work XT7's, were the only set that really caught my eye

http://www.magandturbo.com/default.asp?action=product&p_action=show_product&id=195

work_XT7_bronze.jpg

i think they would look quite HAWT on the leggy, still undecided on the blue bits, vale stem looks fine blue but undure of the middle bits

anyway lets have it

From my experience, I deal with mag and turbo almost everyday and Cain and the guys are good, but 3k for some wheels and tyres is a crime, if it was me twin spoke b4 rims good tyres and if u want pads and new fluid that's like 1200 ish and still looks good and would work.....

If I was you I'd get some factory RSB/GTB 17's and spend the rest on some decent tyres.

Lowered RSB's on factory 17's look mint. If you want it to look a bit different, I reckon the facelift BE/BH 17's (single spokes) would look really good too. Not a huge fan of the twin spokes myself

yer i could go down that path but 6k loan is like $75 a week easily + gas & maintanance... more than im prepared to spend, i could just get the rims, tyres done at Mag & Turbo and buy the springs off them and get pads elsewhere & get some help to put them in ... and i like my leggy, it doesnt have any STI's but it goes pretty well, maybe in a few years when i get bored of it, ill try pop in tomorrow see what there prices are on some of the wheel & tyre combos see how quickly it racks up, if anything id be looking to find a deal for $2500 tops

i did initially look around for some 17" split spokes but couldnt find anything worthwhile

but yer i kinda need 2 new tyres now, one of my direzzas is toast and the other down to almost the wear indicator

so its either, buy 2 brand spanking tyres, or go the whole nine yards and get a nice set of rims with new tires all round & just try pay more when funds allow to clear the loan before the due date....

but yer so ill try pop in on my way to work tomorrow & see what they have to offer, if their prices are rediculous ill walk out and keep hunting tardme/ FS thread lol

Got pre approved through Finance Now and i think your right it probably does end up as a personal loan, no idea what they are like has been years since ive had anything financed i paid cold hard cash money for my car, but if i spend around 2k itll work out the same as the last laptop i brought, was looking into the Q-Card, might apply for one when i finish work tonight, i think finance nows setup fee thing is $75 , a bit steep but when im spending 2grand or so its not much i guess, am going to swing by mag & turbo and see what they have to offer on my way to work, hopefully there prices aren't to redonkulous just browsing today though

Funky, if i had cash in hand i would probably take them off your hands, but sadly i dont :( , thanks though :)

Johnnynz said:

Powdercoat your factory wheels for a fresh look.

Cheap option looks surprisingly good.

Even a light sand and spray with a rattle can if you take some time looks pretty good.

This is how I make mine look like new... but of cardboard around the wheel and get spraying!

$7 Warehouse, ftw

soo i went out today before work to have a look, the works are probably out of my price range i would safely say haha, although i would love a set or some bronzed TE37's, but however these caught my eye, i had a chat to the dude out there( in Lower Hutt as i notice the mag & turbo Willis st is gone with McLennans i guess?), told him i had direzzas and wanted something with good traction in wet and dry & something that was going to last the distance and he suggested i think Austyre Sports? something about them being newish on the market here but would be an excellent "upgrade" from the direzzas but i think cheaper even. but will have a look at more options tomorrow lol

Price tag for the rims below - Advanti Eco Motion's, with rubber $1495 + $650 for Tien lowering springs fitted, so $2150 sacked & on a nice set of new rims & tires is pretty good IMO + perhaps some small bells & whistles on top of that , the rims are pretty light at around 6kg each

have talked it over with the missus and shes happy to go with whatever i want to do ( great help she is haha), im 27 so 1 finance loan isnt going to break the bank for $25 - $30 a week, and it fixes the need tires now, have no money problem, and i will keep my alloys for if i decide to upgrade the car in the future, then i can put them back on & put them on the upgrade subaru ;D

p4e5417ccbfd60.gif

yeah am finding it hard to find any real independant reviews of the Austyres, i will probably get him to chuck some decent rubber on them no point in doing it half arsed am guna head out shortly n have a chat to them about it,

maybe ill get some dunlop sport maxx instead for a bit extra?

So I eded up going out, I got the rims and nitto 555s to wrap them in plus springs front and rear pads and and oil and filter change while im at it ;D 3k all up first year interest free so will pay back as much as possible in the first year

Stoffa no 18s in that style as yet , but maybe down the line perhaps

Taking it out Tuesday to get it all done, pics will come then :D, Bendex brake pads all round, oil & filters changed, Tien springs & yeah he said something about them being yokohama or toyo or something to do with one of those companys but yeah NT555's, i was going to go with the super maxx's & he said that the accelera's were better then suggested these ones so i went " oh yeah ok ill take them"

heres a link to them on mag & turbos site

http://www.magandturbo.com/default.asp?action=product&p_action=show_product&id=466

should be pretty sweet though :D, cant wait to see what they look like on the car