Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What Turbo Kit for 02 STi Spec C

sti8u']

duno.ithink the guys that tuned him told him the octane booster is good for it.he said he adds it to every full tank and you can defintly notice a good deiffrence.

ul be suprised how many subarus in auckland i see at shell stattion.i mean who the hell puts 95 in?

i run 95 in my forester but its only boosting 10-12psi

[quote name='sti8u said:

duno.ithink the guys that tuned him told him the octane booster is good for it.he said he adds it to every full tank and you can defintly notice a good deiffrence.

ul be suprised how many subarus in auckland i see at shell stattion.i mean who the hell puts 95 in?

/quote]

I run 95 in my gt and 25+ psi ;)

your car is tuned to run 95 isnt it?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotasuby']

[quote name='sti8u said:

/quote]

I run 95 in my gt and 25+ psi ;)

yeh but thats tunned for it,diffrent story lol?

you see v2 v3 putting in 95 :-X

• Admin
 X said:

stock STI are pretty good on gas when driving sensible on the road to be honest

Mine got MORE fuel efficient as I modded it... free-flowing intake and exhaust = damn near nil engine braking, especially in 6th on the highway... can just about roll everywhere once you get it up to speed.

Well, got it back from the mechanics. I could be wrong but reading between the lines it dose have a det problem at high revs but they wont run the car at 8000rpm. To clame there needs to be an error code or a faulty part. They didnt charge me anything so was happy with that and sort of expect that outcome. Next step is to get it bore scoped at my expense. If theres pitting guess ill drive it till it compleatly sh*ts itself which ive been told is inevitable. If it looks good get it remaped at my cost to fix it propley.

the damage wouldnt be the bore - it would be the piston - mostly on the edges as detonation trys to break the ring lands- if ring land is broken it will be down on compression

another bit to ad - has it broken spark plug tips ? detonation can fuck spark plugs too - a piece of spark plug tip can brake valves - damage bore and what not

How bad is det

Pity u not in Auckland as can Do a log run and see what areas it's picking up on det

In fact pretty sure most places can do that sonar least u will know for sure if it's really Det happening - using sensors plugged in of course

They were using sensors or something in headphones to pick it up. Ill check the plugs but want to check for pitting and get some sort of idea of engine condition. May get them to compression test as well.

In the long term trim tables it will show a lot of timing being pulled in upper regions of load/rev cells-- indicating a knock problem

If u were to get a reputed place like STM or something to pull those values and then diagnose that it's a knock problem on engine and together with the headphone data

- could the warranty company be persuaded that way??

Makes sense...

Do u know if it's a modified rom?

Fairly easy to find out with the hex reader programs

Lol if u were in auckland could have checked if modified

Maybe flash stock Rom on there and then see if dets (if modified - badly modded if knocking so much)

Maybe then mech warranty Ppl will have no choice but to.....

Just suggesting ideas that's all lol never had to personally deal with mech warranty so unsure on the hoops to jump etc

Problem is that as far as the authorized mechanic/warranty is concerned the stock rom cant be modified so this is not the issue. I know it can be re-flashed but they wont take that into consideration as they only deal with stock. they wont test at that hi range so theres no problem. Was also told that you dont need to rev to 8000 :) cos thats too fast. lol, if that was the case i would have brought a toyota corolla... Ill call the warranty company today and get them to find a authorized mechanic that can do a dyno/knock block through the full rpm range, if thy dont ill try and get them to accept STMs results :P Thanks guys for all the help etc. Got a good little community here...

o0steveo0o said:

Problem is that as far as the authorized mechanic/warranty is concerned the stock rom cant be modified so this is not the issue.

well thats silly coz as you've stated it might be flashed - thus not stock which is probably directly related to the det.

if its detting there is no way some one will dyno it throguh the full range - all you will do is assplode the motor, if its detting as X rpm point then it needs fixing - its really simple. I would never settle for det as a result and carry on :/

Fixing its all good but im not paying to have it reflashed to find out the engin's gone sloppy only to implode 5000kms latter and have the warranty company say you modded it so we cant help. I want to determin if the engine has suffered any damage due to the det.

but you just said above - reflashing it to factory the insurance company doesnt give two s***s about.. how would they know ;)

o0steveo0o said:

Problem is that as far as the authorized mechanic/warranty is concerned the stock rom cant be modified so this is not the issue. I know it can be re-flashed but they wont take that into consideration as they only deal with stock.

so i really dont follow your logic? returning the tune to a safer place has only got to be good for it regardless of any damage internally and will extend its life. A new motor on the same DET'ing tune will smoke it just as fast so the problem isnt going away mate.

Ive spent many hours in court being witness for both warranty companies/insurance and their not stupid anymore they know all the tricks and running 23psi isn't classified as stock theirs many ways to find out a cars history to whats been done or whats being going on and going by what stm do for living i don't think they'll take their word for it modding cars is what they do for a living aka: cheating the system.

going back to stock as jon has pointed out is the only way to know what you have

funkytown']

but you just said above - reflashing it to factory the insurance company doesnt give two s***s about.. how would they know ;)

[quote name='o0steveo0o said:

Problem is that as far as the authorized mechanic/warranty is concerned the stock rom cant be modified so this is not the issue. I know it can be re-flashed but they wont take that into consideration as they only deal with stock.

/quote]

so i really dont follow your logic? returning the tune to a safer place has only got to be good for it regardless of any damage internally and will extend its life. A new motor on the same DET'ing tune will smoke it just as fast so the problem isnt going away mate.

I dont want to do anything to it. If I go modding/changing it it just gives the warranty or dealership another excause. Lets just wait till Tuesday. For all I know its running a stock rom and thats the problem...

funkytown said:

they should be able to tell in two seconds if its stock rom or not - and its easy to flick back and forward between tunes - would take sherlock homes or better to find any trace of digital footprint :P

The stock ecu has a "startup count" I'm told, so whilst it may show that it's the stock rom, if it's only been started up twice in 100,000kms.... :P

I agree with Funky.. Reflash bavk to factory (it will take about 3 mins). Or get it tuned for how its set up.

Just called TP, they quoted me $200 for a performance run.. and said i'd have to book a week in advance. Whens the Auck chapter of CS having a dyno day?