Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mod suggestions for V8 Wrx Sti

V8STI

Hi there,

Im new to clubsub, and have just bought my very first Subaru :)

2003 wrx sti (v8)

the car is fully stock standard and im looking at getting some mods for it,

i was wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to what i should get?

i obviously dont want to spend a fortune working on my car,

so im after some simple/safe and affordable modifications to increase the performance of my car

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Personally Id get used to what it is now first for a while and then look at mods..u may find power is fine and u want handling improvements (lowering, larger sway bars, suspension, wheels, tires) ahead of power. Performance is defined and influenced in a number of ways..including the driver. ;)

PS..welcome to CS

1CE']

[quote name='ADIKT said:

Welcome!

3" exhaust + walbro fuel pump + ECU re-flash. Thats what i would start with.

Where abouts are you based?

/quote]

+ 1. If you wanted to do intake before the ECU reflash I would recommend the following. Cheap shipping.

http://www.importimageracing.com/gimmick-motorsports-complete-intake-solution-2-for-02-07-wrx-sti.html

+1 for this.

• General Member
 T.Rev said:

Personally Id get used to what it is now first for a while and then look at mods..u may find power is fine and u want handling improvements (lowering, larger sway bars, suspension, wheels, tires) ahead of power. Performance is defined and influenced in a number of ways..including the driver. ;)

PS..welcome to CS

This gentleman knows :)

However if its power you want whats been suggested is the go on a v8 STI.

Seems to be some very healthy figures made with those changes and a slight upping of boost to go along with it in the later models.

Cheers for the input :)

Ive owned the car for roughly 2 months now and have gotten quite used to it :) and now looking for some performance gains. :D

I think ill be getting a #" TBE to start off with, but do they really increase performance that much?

V8STI said:

Cheers for the input :)

Ive owned the car for roughly 2 months now and have gotten quite used to it :) and now looking for some performance gains. :D

I think ill be getting a #" TBE to start off with, but do they really increase performance that much?

yep! alot! like i said. do the exhaust and fuel pump. get for a re-flash and you will notice the differance considerably.

Cheers

• Admin

The motor has a lot of ponies in it that are tied up by some very small things, whereas unless you're going really mad then the car will out-handle your driving abilities at this stage (unless it has rubbish tyres)

Full turbo-back exhaust, fuel pump, maybe open up the intake silencer and a reflash will probably get you ~220kw @ w.

boon said:

Full turbo-back exhaust, fuel pump, maybe open up the intake silencer and a reflash will probably get you ~220kw @ w.

Yup above is key and bold part can be free, and def a requirement if your going to get intake pipes

Johnnynz']

[quote name='T.Rev said:

PS..welcome to CS

/quote]

This gentleman knows :)

However if its power you want whats been suggested is the go on a v8 STI.

Seems to be some very healthy figures made with those changes and a slight upping of boost to go along with it in the later models.

yeah its pretty fun, those are mods and suspension set up. driving the v8sti it handles pretty well abit understeering but on the track it can hit 180km/h easy, so getting rid of the speed cut will be good too

boon']

[quote name='Timmah said:

General consensus = 3" Exhaust, Walbro + reflash. Great starting point.

Wish my ECU was reflashable.. :(

/quote]

similar suggestion for a V7?

Yup, identical.

except for twinscroll vs single scroll perhaps. I did a Rage front pipe and kept factory genome mid to rear. i fitted Apexi cold air box and pod.Pre a/m ecu netted 186kw atw post ecu was 196kw atw . Went to pukekohe and was hitting speed cut before the kick on the back straight leading to the hair pin. A apexi RSM wouldnt go a miss if you were not wanting to replace the factory ecu. However if you have a 3 year mech warrenty i would be happy with how the car is until such time as the warrenty has expired as you may be left to foot a bill for repair should the inevitable happen ,god forbid.

GT1UPU']

/quote]

Yup, identical.

except for twinscroll vs single scroll perhaps. I did a Rage front pipe and kept factory genome mid to rear. i fitted Apexi cold air box and pod.Pre a/m ecu netted 186kw atw post ecu was 196kw atw . Went to pukekohe and was hitting speed cut before the kick on the back straight leading to the hair pin. A apexi RSM wouldnt go a miss if you were not wanting to replace the factory ecu. However if you have a 3 year mech warrenty i would be happy with how the car is until such time as the warrenty has expired as you may be left to foot a bill for repair should the inevitable happen ,god forbid.

yeah my car hasnt got a genome one on it.

some weird shits been done with the exhaust to get it imported so its got a pathetic 2 1/4 end pipe and 2 1/2 with like 2 or 3 resonators.... :-[

yeh i have the 3 year warranty but am permitted to make certain alterations to the car i.e. exhaust, bov, air intake, lowering

BINKZ']

/quote]

Yup, identical.

some weird s***s been done with the exhaust to get it imported so its got a pathetic 2 1/4 end pipe and 2 1/2 with like 2 or 3 resonators.... :-[

yeh i have the 3 year warranty but am permitted to make certain alterations to the car i.e. exhaust, bov, air intake, lowering

Never heard of a mech warranty alowing you to alter the car....??

ADIKT']

/quote]

Yup, identical.

some weird s***s been done with the exhaust to get it imported so its got a pathetic 2 1/4 end pipe and 2 1/2 with like 2 or 3 resonators.... :-[

/quote]

Autosure. You have heard of it now :)

BINKZ']

/quote]

Yup, identical.

/quote]

Autosure. You have heard of it now :)

I would read any fine print very carefully