Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Beaurepaires - the most useless tyre company ever?

thorns

Warning: Rant below! (TLDR version at bottom)

Wow, have honestly just had the worst customer service I have ever recieved in any industry in my 29 years on this planet.

Will copy and paste the customer feedback I have just given them as cant be bothered typing it all out again.

Region: Christchurch

Store: CHRISTCHURCH - Blenheim Road

Your Message (What I liked... ): Ummm, hard to find any positives at all. There was nothing to like at all.

Your Message (What I Didn't like... ): Where to start, first came into the store on Thursday 26th around 10am to order a couple of tyres for my car. Decided on the 3000A and asked them to order them for me, was told they should be in that afternoon, and will be called when they arrive.

No phone call.

Pop back in Friday morning, and told actually they dont have any they can get but offer to get the Eagle F1's in stead, I agree and am assured they will be in this afternoon and will ring me when they arrive.

No phone call.

Pop back in Monday the 31st in the morning and told they forgot to order them but will order them for today and should be in stock around 130pm and will ring me. 2pm rolls by so I make a phone call to ask if they arrived, am told the truck is being unloaded as we speak, and Blair who I had been dealing with will call me back in 5 minutes.

No Phone Call.

Tuesday morning, I finally get a call saying they are there and I can book my car in which I proceed to do (wishing I hadnt now). So I take my car in, ask them to replace the rears and also that I wanted my old tyres back as they are expensive near enough semi slick type tyre, one failed it WOF as it had excess wear on the inside, the other was in top condition with around 5-6mm of tread left on it. I go to pick my car up, and this is where the issues start.

The price I had originally been quoted has inflated, however manage to meet a compromise and am mildy happy but still frustrated. Next I go to my car, and see my old tyres arent there, so go back in and ask to grab them back. Now, only one of these tyres can be found, and lo and behold, has been spiked so it is no longer of any use to anyone, and the other tyre cannot be found anywhere. This is where I really get quite angry, as they were still in excellent condition to put on a car for track days at race circuits, and being semi slick tyres, are highly sort after and still valuable. Yet your tyre experts in all there wisdom have spiked one of them, and the other cant be found.

After hearing this, obviously I am very angry and frustrated by this, and all I am offered is a 'sorry', the technicians should of known better. This honestly has to be some of the worst customer service I have experienced in any supposedly reputable store, how your blenhiem road store is able to keep the name Beurepairs is beyond me, it takes them four days to get two tyres which were in stock in Christchurch, then they cant even follow instruction, or have the courtesy to ring me when they have said they would, and then to top it all off, ruin two perfectly good tyres that would still be worth around $80-100 each is almost laughable, its the kind of horror story you hear about from some dodgy back yard tyre shop, not a reputable name such as Beaurepairs. I should have gone with my gut and decided about using this shop, the lack of any type of professionalism is rediculous, the first day I turned up, there was a worker sitting at the desk with his feet up, and eyes closed. Obviosuly this reflects pretty poorly on Beurepairs as a whole, and I sure as heck will be telling anyone I know to steer clear. In an economy where you need to be looking after customers and trying to get people to spend there incomes with your shop, this is truely dissapointing service to say the least.

Your Message (What I would like... ): Perhaps getting your Blenhiem Rd store to actually listen to customers, and do what has been asked, also a lesson in ordering tyres and actually communicating with customers would also be beneficial. Also, when a customer wants his/her old tyres back, not putting a spike through them rendering them useless could also be great, as it means I now wouldnt be potentially a few hundred dollars out of pocket.

Satisfaction Rating: 1 out of 10

Check this box if you consent to Beaurepaires contacting you to discuss your feedback: Yes

TLDR: Blenhiem Road Beaurepairs is run by muppets who cant order two tyres, and then proceeds to destroy customer property.

ouch, thats rough, i would have asked who the muppet was that spiked the tyres & which car was his, and kindly returned the favour on my way out :P

as Funky says fingers crossed you get someone's attention higher up that might come to the party & compensate you in some way shape or form

good luck

ODB said:

you didnt think that perhaos after they didnt call you back twice in a row that it was time to take your heard earned elsewhere?

Hmmm.

Yip I should have, but just flat out at work at present, and they are just across the road from us, so it was more convenience than anything else.

Normally I wouldve taken my money elsewhere.

see now thats where working for Tyre City was good we didnt charge stupid small stuff like valves, removal of old tyres... it was a good to keep customers happy ... and the fact that we did all kinds of cars like honda subie bmw lambo mazie we alway took the finest care of wheels.. having been in the tyre game i would never go to a beauies for my tyres ....

very disapointing as the Beaurepaires guys in Welly are pretty good i do rate them here.

have you try calling them first before you give them a visit? that would had saved you a lot of time. the guy that you are dealing with is a total Muppet to be honest. You can contact the area manager instead

JoKer said:

they charge $4 to dispose of your old tires here so you always get them back (mind you this is a goodyear store I visit)

yeah its usually $5 per tires as they are also get charged to dispose from another company to come pick them up

You should ring and ask to talk to the manager, try and sort it out with him first, then keep going higher up the chain, then if you get no satisfaction, hit up target or fair go, they love this kind of thing, they destoryed and have misplaced your property.

Complaining to the manager?

i would be asking for cash back on the price originally quoted for the tyres you ordered and I would be asking for your tyre to be found....obviously they thought it good enough to either sell second hand or one the boys has it for a skid tyre. Guaranteed.

If they cant find your tyre id be asking for a couple good condition seconds at no cost then sell them and fund some semis.

I wonder if this is more about the Blenheim Road branch in Christchurch?

Like X I have had a great experience with two of the one's in Wellington area. Spoke to the manager initially about what I wanted and he delivered beyond initial expectations.

Having said that I understand how you feel ... following a bad experience at Farmers department store it took 23 years before I stepped back into one and told 100's of peeps about how I felt about them and why in between times ... ;D

The customer can get revenge as you are the greatest marketing opportunity (or not) they have.

thorns said:

I guess I shouldnt paint them all with the same brush, as they are frasnchises, but just a warning.

Stay away from the Blenhiem Road one!

Will keep posted how I get on tomorrow.

like swindog said tires cant go missing in a few hours, and yes he is right that they keeped it for themself... seem very dodgie about this its theft to be honest. they usually stacked the old tires up at the back or in a storage area

Beaurepaires aint frasnchises, they are a company... well the north island are that i know of?

The guys in invercargill are hot and cold. Ive had a good experience with my wrx but not so with the legacy.

So i sourced my own tyres and got Kumho1 to stick them on for me after that. Even when they put my new tyres on (i had two wofable ones that came off) i asked for them back and they too said they spiked them but there were only two sitting in front of the car so ive prob had the same done to me.

They do sell 2nd tyres when they have them.

Vince martian should be ashamed of himself.

btw dont go to northwood to get an alignment either. None of them are qualified to use the alignment machine. Dont ask how I know ;D

I'm more for bridgestone/firestone places. Most of them their are really clued up about what they do (however, their fairly pricey but meh).

even if the tires spiked in the side wall it can be repaired I heard stories about tire shops up terapa doing this very thing and then selling them as 2nd hand tires.

All for some extra coin

I'd be calling the area manager and complaining and mentioning fair go as you feel your tires were stolen and had to pay more than quoted

Can recommend firestone papanui - mate works there, real into old school cars, but does alignments on rally cars etc, just tell em what you want and he will set it for you.

pretty good at giving options as well, eg do you want cheap, cheap good or good?

and if you tell him you want the tyres,you get the tyres.

if you keen go in and ask for Chris