Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Single Turbo or STi Engine?

Just throwing this out there.. Probably bit extreme too..

A long long term goal for my legacy is to convert to single turbo (Which i wouldn't be doing due to space and i don't know what I'm doing LOL) or decide to do something different and do a STi Engine conversion?

Thoughts?

Yeah there are a number of single turbo'd legacies for sale these days, in fact they pop up on here quite often as well.

When I did my BG, I put an STi engine into it, was straight plug n play with an engine from the same year as the legacy (V4 STi). Loom matched the engine & ECU, was so much easier than modifying the TT block.

So that's my suggestion. If you can get a good STi block for cheap enough, do it that way. But it has to be from the same vintage, otherwise you'll come up with problems.

Enervated said:

I wanna be different... It's boring seeing everything the same. It's why i chose the legacy in the first place.

Singled legs are a plague down here, they are everywhere. I have done 2 for myself, a couple for others, gas has done 3, jase has done many.

i was never a subaru fan untill i got my legacy but i love the deep rumble it makes but when you single them they dont sound as good plus you dont get the awesome put back in seat when you hit the secondary ive been in a v8 sti and they are fast but i wouldnt go outa my way to make mine single turbo as i prefer the twin

Mattapo']

[quote name='markw336 said:

lol keep it twin much cooler honestly cant see the point in going single turbo unless your turning the car into a full race car

/quote]

they all say that until they drive a single turbo conversion

Or you get a code 666, becomes the devil incarnate and never makes any boost again.....

markw336 said:

i was never a subaru fan untill i got my legacy but i love the deep rumble it makes but when you single them they dont sound as good plus you dont get the awesome put back in seat when you hit the secondary ive been in a v8 sti and they are fast but i wouldnt go outa my way to make mine single turbo as i prefer the twin

ill be happy to give you a ride in my car and you could compare the "awesome put back in seat" ;)

i do like my TT setup.. i just think the secondary kicks in a bit too late and seems a bit pointless. it's th main reason why i want to go to single.

mates got a standard GTi-R Pulsar with a non ball bearing T28.. Pushes you right into the seat.

I read an artical the other day on facebook for STM performance they had a legacy that had full V7 sti running gear and a link ... tuned it all and it made like 207kW or somethink like that .. I single turbod my legacy and made 200kW on a factory non sti ECU .... and it cost no where near the price the guy with the V7 gear had payed .....

I vote single turbo ...