Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

DRIFT STI OR NOT ???

WRXONP said:

lol for starters how ever - if you were looking for something r33 specific - you know other vehicles parts fit right??

but anywho - wreckers are wreckers - buy cars for chips - sell parts for moon beans and make 1000000x profit on each car

r33 turbo arms are specific the radius rod is the same...wreckers do it for a business thats why they know which parts fits what not from whether its na or turb.

money to be made in that industry thats for sure. look at masyn hes two three times the price for evo shit but the wreckers get better money selling them to him complete than stripping. Its only kempys and mitsiworld that keep what they get which coz of him isnt a lot. hes the only one that has most stuff unless you have a lot of patience.

off topic much?

Lol good relatively cheap starter cars for drifting are ...

IMO trialled and tested -

Mx5 may look girly but you can keep your foot on the pedal. Plus it's light.

S14 easy chassis, tonnes of parts available, sr-rb-jz- are known engine configs that have fitted

Suprisingly- Altezza , strip some weight and suspension it up and either the 4 ringer or 6cyl can be fun. Mind you the straight 6 is epic fail for power. You would wanna swap it for a jz or sr if you can afford

I quite like the purple legacy in drift union though. That kicks arse

cheers for the feed back guys, finding the rite part for the rite price can be a bloody night mare ;

nice BADWRX link up there btw..

it would seem the for the most part having a STI for the purposes of drifting is a bad idea unless my pockets are full of money which they are not so back to back idea.

it would also seem anything that could be remotely called a drift car has a price tag as if it was straight d1nz these days

I personally think most nissans have been smacked with ugly stick but ceem to have what it takes to drift with out much hassle

mx5 short/mid wheel base, lite and probly not a bad choice but the lack of power is concerning ?...

sum ppl brake s*** gear box after gearbox engine after motor sumtimes a think is not the car thats at fault.

a sub drift car not pushed to death perhaps still an option

reaperblitz said:

Lol good relatively cheap starter cars for drifting are ...

IMO trialled and tested -

Mx5 may look girly but you can keep your foot on the pedal. Plus it's light.

S14 easy chassis, tonnes of parts available, sr-rb-jz- are known engine configs that have fitted

Suprisingly- Altezza , strip some weight and suspension it up and either the 4 ringer or 6cyl can be fun. Mind you the straight 6 is epic fail for power. You would wanna swap it for a jz or sr if you can afford

I quite like the purple legacy in drift union though. That kicks arse

A guy i know here is fitting a 20b PP Turbo into one at the moment ( you may have seen it at a car show, and know i dont know which show :) running AKUSED plates ) I seen the rim/tire combo yesterday at the tire shop very "drifty" looking :)

ODB said:

I vote ford XR6 turbo ute.

Feck nissans they driven by fags mainly.

I think we can start a long and prosperous friendship- on the basis you just said that ;D

BRZ It's going to be next years drift bomb, once it's been turb'd. maybe some itb mods... ;D

Oh no you didn't ! U just brought up the brz didn't you.

It's gonna change the way we see n/a tuning. Lighter, keeping it in high revs, chassis set up for drift out of the box. There's gonna be a n/a vs turbo battle out of toyo n sub versions.

Subi makers said too much power could affect the way the car responds due to suspension layout to method of power delivery.

It almosts needs to be reengineered to successfully maintain a slide without spinning out they say. But who knows, they may just be covering up for a secret weapon to battle toyotas secret build conversion.