• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Water/Meth injection

Stoffa

Who\'s running it?

Where have yo got your nozzles set up?

How is it being controlled?

What conditions does it switch on?

Researching maybe running a TMIC with maybe just water injection to stop heat soak or meth/water injection.

I\'ve got a G4 so I could control it with that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have it. makes a HUGE diff to power. i have a 12gal nozzle in ic piping around 300mm before throttlebody (frount mount).

its controlled by my ecu and pumps after i reach 5psi i think.

gtlegacy/danny runs it also he has 2 nozzles one small one pre turbo and a larger one in the intercooler (top mount)

his is variable depending on boost/rmp i believe and also ecu controlled

there\'s a few cars down here that are being set up to run it and so far have had great results. gotasuby can give better details of the amount of extra timing that was available and also the differences in intake temps.

from memory an extra 10ish deg of timing was available in my car, with av gas it got to the point were more timing would possibly be pointless and gain no more power ;D

I\'ve been trying to find some info on the effects of putting a nozzle pre intercooler (maybe in the Y pipe) with a TMIC.

I was wondering if you could just use water injection there to control heat soak with out needing to tune for the meth. i.e less chance for something to go wrong.

Someone said a while back that just water can cause hesitations, I want my set up to be smooth as butter

Do you get gains untuned as it references IAT (obviously you wouldnt get the maximum gain) or do you run 2 maps? What do people do in road cars? Seems a common mod in states.

Looks about as potent as a turbo upgrade.

AEM Water/Methanol Injection Results

1991 Plymouth Laser w/Stock 4G63 TD04 Turbo and AEM EMS 30-6300.

Pump gas run 18psi, 11:1 AFR, 10 degrees ignition timing.

Race gas run 18psi, 11:1 AFR, 18 degrees ignition timing.

Pump gas and Water/Methanol 18psi, 11:1 AFR, 25 degrees ignition timing.

water-meth_torque.jpg

water-meth_horsepower.jpg

with a bit more research it seems most of the cooling is actually in the combustion chamber so if the TMIC heat soaks the G4 would pull timing as the intake temps would be high but the cylinder temps would be lower. So IAT correction wouldn\'t work very well with water/meth injection. Thats how I understand it anyway

• Admin

I\'m personally not a fan of all the various injection/spray options... I want a car that performs more or less the same whether or not it has a tank of anything except petrol sloshing around.

That said, I keep the TMIC water sprayer topped up pretty religiously.

I agree... it all seems far to high maintenance and complicated. Even if everything was installed nicely and was reliable,

under hard use, there\'s always going to be more to worry about... more room for error.

I too religiously use the water spray when racing, but if that runs out of water, it\'s no big deal...

loner said:

I agree... it all seems far to high maintenance and complicated. Even if everything was installed nicely and was reliable,

under hard use, there\'s always going to be more to worry about... more room for error.

I too religiously use the water spray when racing, but if that runs out of water, it\'s no big deal...

Ah yes....Sometimes its;_ "We wonder why we modify" After all "fast cars are for straight roads whereas Fast drivers are for windy roads" Quoted by the late great Colin McCrae. :)

loner said:

its as complicated as a water spray unit tho . and with a level switch its safe .... when meth gets low the ecu switches to a map with less (safe) timing

loner said:

Meth is also not legal for motorsport in NZ.

Although to be fair it\'s pretty unlikely to ever get picked up for running it, as scrutineering is about checking the car is safe, not about technical checking. And tech officers, who do check for that sort of thing only work on National level events really.

Munkvy']

[quote name='loner said:

/quote]

Although to be fair it\'s pretty unlikely to ever get picked up for running it, as scrutineering is about checking the car is safe, not about technical checking. And tech officers, who do check for that sort of thing only work on National level events really.

I don\'t use meth... just water... I did use meth in the old car though, but it\'s too expensive...

loner']

[quote name='loner said:

/quote]

I don\'t use meth... just water... I did use meth in the old car though, but it\'s too expensive...

I was mentioning it from the perspective of if it was something you considered doing later on, seeing as that\'s what this topic is about... ;)

Al_baru said:

I forget about the water sprayer 99 times out of 100. Maybe I should just connect a micro-switch to when the throttle hits the floor. ???

Does your\'s not come with an auto switch?

If you had it running whenever you were on full throttle, I\'d say you\'d run out of water too soon.

I used a timer in the blue car... and it worked well..