Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

The "Hose 10" Mod - BE/BH

Marky

• 2 weeks later...
 Marky said:
I'm struggling with how there is any negative aspect to it

However it is free, takes 30 seconds to do and is simple enough to make your own mind up about it

I did it in my BH. Worked sweet as and I'm happy with it. Made car a lot better to drive. Was previously a slug of a thing now it has some slight boogie. Vod still a bastard of a thing! What's the mod to tickle that up?

STiNGR said:
I did it in my BH. Worked sweet as and I'm happy with it. Made car a lot better to drive. Was previously a slug of a thing now it has some slight boogie. Vod still a bastard of a thing! What's the mod to tickle that up?

Put a 0.8mm restrictor pill into hose #1, between BBOD and intake air valve on the TMIC:

http://clubsub.org.nz/forum/showthread.php?40911-Inside-the-BBOD

• 1 month later...

So I've read through this entire thread and I'm a little lost about the restrictor pills.

The first pic in the thread shows vac line going from the manifold straight to the bov.

Do I just run a fresh line there or does it need to retain the restrictor pill in the 'L' piece?

Heres the pic I refer to.

IMG_20130106_112753.jpg

• 9 months later...

Sorry for reviving a dead thread. Read the whole thing and did the mod. Straight hose to BOV.

I'm confused about the second blue T connection underneath. Originally, one side had line 10 from the metal line 10, one side from the T in the manifold and one side coming from line 10 from the passenger side guard.

Now I've got one from the manifold to BOV, both line 10s join at the T to the nipple. Is this correct.

Thanks on advance, sorry for the noob question.

Jon

I'll get a picture of mine tonight for you, it's literally as simple as blocking the line which came from the BOV line "T" and the remaining hose 10 (which is coming from the inner guard) can vent on it's own back into the intake

Thanks Mark, I am quite sure I've got it right, basically I just removed that T in the hose from manifold to BOV. Line 10 already met up underneath the recirc tube on the BOV, with the line 10 from the guard on the intake tube. I just cleaned it up with fresh tube.

Yeah no idea what's going on there but I'll assume you got it right, haha

Line 10 = Boost control solenoid back into intake

BOV = should hold closed properly now

You = get more mileage, more power and the happiness which comes from fiddling with something without it blowing up

Marky said:
Yeah no idea what's going on there but I'll assume you got it right, haha

Line 10 = Boost control solenoid back into intake

BOV = should hold closed properly now

You = get more mileage, more power and the happiness which comes from fiddling with something without it blowing up

What exactly do you you need to do with rev.D? Layout was a bit different last time I looked at one, a pictorial for dumbs will be nice ;) Cheers

Thanks! I think so too. Just found

B4_vacuum_diagram_hose_10_mod.jpg

Looking around before crying for help - what a concept!

Ha yea sorry for the crap pics. Performance gains are undeniable. Really appreciate your help!

Edited by Joker

Made this change on Friday...instantly noticeable. Such a simple mod (and free). Primary turbo is quite a bit more punchy and the over all power deliver has more of a kick and seems to progress through nice and smoothly.

Thanks for posting this up!!

• Joker unpinned this topic