Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

comments on asking price within FS threads

lunchie

personally i think comments on price are fair enough, people on here come for the knowledge and sharing of information and so I think if you want to advertise here then you respect the fact that some people on here may have a more informed (or so they think) view of what cars are worth. Many people believe that buying off an "enthusiasts" forum such as this means they should get a better deal but if they have just signed up to look at the FS section and comments about prices are not allowed then they would not be getting a fair deal.

I would invite a discussion on this topic as this is a forum after all.

My 2c.

• General Member

wut? link?

cravat empor

everyone\'s out to get as much as they can these days, if you don\'t like the price "don\'t bid" ?

sure if you can get it cheaper new or is blatant rippoff then some ppl are smart enuff to find alternatives

Put yourself in a sellers shoes

You want to sell something for what you think is a fair price, how much does it help if some dropkick starts writing in your thread "ow bro i reckon thats only worth half that". If the price is too high then the market will soon enough get the seller to realise, in the meantime its a dick move to do it.

Sometimes things will sell outrageously cheap, doesnt mean you need to torpedo someone elses chances of selling something off.

honestly nothing fucks me off that getting all interested in a car or parts only to find its "offas" or EOI. That is bs. If you want to sell it name your price. If someone doesn\'t agree who gives a shit? You can always start high and then lower when not selling. Anyone who gets offended is a douche and should get off the net. If its worth what your asking it will sell. Simple. If someone wants to low ball go tell them to suck a fat one and hold out or hold on to it.\'

Pointless thread imo

yeah i can see both sides so really dont have much worth saying . depends which side of douch you are on

2nd hand parts are only worth what someone wants to pay for them

new stuff that is cheaper elsewhere i cant help but comment

i cbf putting a price on things . the price changes depending on the person too . and circumstances of sale . most stuff i sell i cant really be bothered selling . its more of a " i have this and if someone really wants/needs it come and get it "

"offas" can go to hell . unless its genuinly something not worth much and the offers are "box of beers or some other non important things

EOI is fair enough .

thats my possibly pointless ramble for this possibly pointless thread

how is EOI any different than offers?

The same thing different spelling.

IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING THEN YOU PUT A PRICE. NO EXCEPTIONS.

you go to the warehouse and half the stock has prices and the other half says offers ? Nah doesn\'t work like that. Name ya price or don\'t sell it

EOI and for sale is far different .

and comparing a internet forum to the warehouse is a bit silly . its more of a swap meet . that goes on forever

sorry if the employees at the shop you think club sub is arent trained very well .

im not starting a s*** fight but yeah there is more than one way to buy and sell stuff

and noone is arguing about posting prices . think you missed the point man . though it was a bit of an off the side share your ponderings

Lol I don\'t bother with EOI even if it is something I am interested in, as I\'ve enquired on a price on previous occasions or given a price I think is very fair (not lowballing) to get basically told to piss off lol. Put a high price, if someone is interested thats when u just negotiate a fair price then.

JoKer said:

what gets on my goat is BUMPS on items no one is interested in, that seems to be pointless unless your lowering the price a tad each week

take the hint : $1R on TM, find the "true" market value

Kind of irrelevant imo. Theres 16k+ members most dont come on here everyday and only read whats posted that day or whatever. Its called marketing and its like relisting a tm auction...

Weather is FS on the forums, TM/ebay, your local trade n exchange or the annual Hot rod swap meet. Your always going to get tire kickers, low ballers, over the top prices, people trying to pass somthing off that isnt what they say it is eg:WRX off as an STi.

Fact of life. Build bridge. Proceed.

Comments on a forum that upset people? never happins... :o

• General Member
 evowrx']

[quote name='JoKer said:

what gets on my goat is BUMPS on items no one is interested in, that seems to be pointless unless your lowering the price a tad each week

/quote]

Kind of irrelevant imo. Theres 16k+ members most dont come on here everyday and only read whats posted that day or whatever. Its called marketing and its like relisting a tm auction...

wheres the marketing in this listing then

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,34688.0.html

ok so its come down a couple hundy but "." bumps dont quite cut it for me

JoKer']

[quote name='JoKer said:

/quote]

wheres the marketing in this listing then

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,34688.0.html

ok so its come down a couple hundy but "." bumps dont quite cut it for me

That plate doesnt cut it for me.

I think the points been missed slightly

I think the OP was more about when people pipe up on a f/sale thread going "ow bey I bought one for $50 last week" referring to second hand items / cars for sale

Personally if it was happening to me I\'d want the comments deleted, people will buy something if they think the price is fair, if the price isn\'t fair then the item just wont sell.

Unless its someone getting absolutely shafted/scammed then keep your nose out of it I reckon

Regarding cheaper f/s prices to members / getting deals - I\'m happier to sell something slightly cheaper outside of trademe to save getting shafted on TM fees but I\'m not going to lose money on an item just cause I use the same forum as someone else - no offence but $$ talks

At the end of the day this is the internet and I couldn\'t really give to s***s if someone low balls me I just tell them to suck a fat one. I do it almost everyday on my cortina listing. Which i just sold for the asking price....

Salesmen don\'t go around saying hey guys got this mint new product your going to be interested in but just taking offers for it or EOI.... they lay it on the table and tell them this is what you pay and this is why its worth what im asking. Simple stuff anyone saying EOI is just using the exact same reason I hate offers. They ALWAYS have a price in mind but hold off on saying in case of flaming or someone offers more than they\'re asking. If you think its any different than offers then im sorry but your wrong because it maybe different terminology but its the same thought process behind it.

speaking for myself, when i say EOI.. the price i am thinking would be no different to the actual "for sale" price

as far as "offers" go i would only ask for offers if i didnt have an idea of the market price and/or didnt care how much it went for

i.e. selling my BP i said EOI and wanting btwn 11-12K and if someone said 11.5k i wud say \'sold\', in contrast if i listed it "for sale" i would start at say $11,850.00 ono

i am not actively trying to sell the BP, but if someone saw the EOI advert and said id give u this much and it was in the ball park, well i wud negotiate from there

IMO EOI is the way to go when you simply dont care if your car sells or not

fukin simple really

what I was actually getting at more was whether mods should be allowed to delete or warn/ban people for commenting on someones ad, eg "hey nice car but i think X price is too much maybe X-X would be more reasonable based on what I have seen others sell for"

I see that sort of a post as constructive but obviously there are some that will just say "what a s*** price, rip off etc" this is bad behavior and should not be allowed but I am unsure about even constructive suggestions that price is too high/low etc..... hmmm its a tough one