• Raised $0.00

A45 AMG thoughts

These look worse in the metal.

Fast \'n Fugly.

They start at $95k

From NBR

The new high-performance Mercedes A 45 AMG

NBR Autumn Showroom

Mercedes-Benz has announced pricing for AMG’s first-ever four-cylinder vehicle, the A 45 AMG.

The new high-performance model will cost $94,900 – or twice the price of the entry A Class model, the A 180.

For that, buyers get a genuine AMG-developed machine with the most powerful series production four-cylinder engine in the world (265kW/450Nm), the ability to reach 100km/h in 4.6 seconds, four-wheel drive and AMG-specific suspension and exhaust systems.

The A 45 AMG goes on sale in September.

• General Member

My boss drives what I think is a c63 around Palmie.

I\'m not good with Mercs but it is the 6.3l V8 4 door jobby. Fecking ridiculous to drive.

- Edit -

Nope, E63...

AMGMerc.jpg

Duno where that sits in the Merc range but it was crazy crazy quick and almost threw me through the windscreen when he told me to stand on the brakes.

Johnnynz said:

I\'m not good with Mercs but it is the 6.3l V8 4 door jobby. Fecking ridiculous to drive.

- Edit -

Nope, E63...

AMGMerc.jpg

Duno where that sits in the Merc range but it was crazy crazy quick and almost threw me through the windscreen when he told me to stand on the brakes.

Close enuff ;D

The AMG 6.3 is one of THE great engines, it\'ll be a sad day when they retire it and go puffer.

• General Member

The noise it makes is freakin amazing... Chucked it in sport mode over Vinegar hill and it was the most amazing thing I have ever heard with the windows down.

Nice deep rumble with a beautiful little overrun backfire on gear changes.

Before it he had some stupid Quick AMG coupe that looked similar and im fairly certain was twin turbo as well. Might be wrong on that though.

newsuba']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

- Edit -

Nope, E63...

URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/Karagious/media/AMGMerc.jpg.html]AMGMerc.jpg[/url]

Close enuff ;D

The AMG 6.3 is one of THE great engines, it\'ll be a sad day when they retire it and go puffer.

What year is it? 2009-2010 got the 6.2L NA (not 6.3L as the badge says). 2011-onwards got the 5.5L TwinTurbo and yep they are an absolute beast of cars

Oh and i like that little car A45 AMG, wouldn\'t buy one but i think they pretty SWEET

B4 2000 said:

What year is it? 2009-2010 got the 6.2L NA (not 6.3L as the badge says). 2011-onwards got the 5.5L TwinTurbo and yep they are an absolute beast of cars

Oh and i like that little car A45 AMG, wouldn\'t buy one but i think they pretty SWEET

MB AMG, like many Germans, playing silly buggers with the numbering.

Rounding up 6.2 to 6.3, partly in homage to the 300SEL 6.3 of the late 1960s.