Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What clutch do you guys think for my build?

slystiguy

Hey everyone. Sorry to dredge up another clutch options topic. I\'ve read a couple using the google search but seems to be mainly related to standard clutches rather than the higher HP builds. I\'m only running a td05 18g so I think max kw is around 240. Potential for this to change later down the line but not until I source a forged block.

Will I be fine with an sti clutch?

What will I need to look at in regards to uprated pressure plate?

Any recommendations on brand/suppliers? I was thinking I might ask 41auto as they offer a large range

Thoughts/ideas/advice

If you get trade elese where go there. Why demand it off me amd make be be the bad guy. Its a thing I deal with on a daily basis because I\'m usually supplying to workshops or to part suppliers that have accounts to charge to. So when someone cones in demanding trade I have the right to ask why and if I don\'t like the answer and they don\'t hace proof to back it up, well on your way. Yes it may seem mean but its my job.

evowrx']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Stock sti twist your local dealers arm for trade.

/quote]

When people do that to me, i tell them to **** off.

Are you a genuine dealer?

Sadly I\'m not I was just meaning about giving trade prices to retail customers

DacerX said:

If you get trade elese where go there. Why demand it off me amd make be be the bad guy. Its a thing I deal with on a daily basis because I\'m usually supplying to workshops or to part suppliers that have accounts to charge to. So when someone cones in demanding trade I have the right to ask why and if I don\'t like the answer and they don\'t hace proof to back it up, well on your way. Yes it may seem mean but its my job.

TBH I don\'t get trade everywhere... I do get given it in a few places without asking. I just took exception to your

attitude. People ask for discounts and freebies all the time from my company... you just have to politely decline

if you don\'t want to do it... most people will pay full price, they are just trying to get the best deal.

Come on Dacerx he is just asking lol this is a forum after all so leave you work s*** at the door.

Stock exedy sti 230mm organic clutch will be fine. Take your old flywheel into Clutch systems(164 Hazeldean Road) to get machined after removal See Richard there and ask nicely about getting a replacement through him.

If your on a budget you can use the 225mm clutch plate with the uprated pressure plate.. I Run this and hasn\'t slipped yet \'yet\'

Isnt it better to run a smaller diameter as more pressure per square?

With genuine there is retail and trade you only get a better price if youre very chummy and get a cost plus deal. Any decent aftermarket shop should have a matrix loaded to acc anyway. We can get away with changing it off the top of our head with 5 set levels loaded as we have limited lines. You use your head and do what you can to get the lad sorted pricewise and give service he comes back for me. Works for me im up 55% in my area on the last rep and I dont try to sell anything just use my head.