Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Car Crimes

Joker

• General Member
 B4 I was 250T said:

Funny, I would love to enter a car in show but would be too shamed! Standards have certainly slipped in the last 10 years. I remember when you had to have beautiful \'bay, nice wheels, paint etc. It seems originality and the wow factor has gone :\'(

I think the move to "race" show cars is responsible for that. I love a battle scarred race car but some of the cars put in as race cars arent even close. I don\'t understand half completed cars either unless its something extremely different.

I also dont think NZ has a big enough car enthusiast population to support a show scene anymore, hence a lot of cars pulling double duty and a lot of recycled cars being purchased and shown year on year with no changes.

Sorry to say but for most things automotive those ausie bastards get the upper hand on a few things given they have been doing Summernats for fuck knows how long and their import scene blew up exponentialy in the early 2000s.

Id say its more the money they have to spend more thn anything but for the size of our country we do alright

your reading the wrong Magazine if you see sex spec lol hot 4s is for fags and in a way Sex spec was almost here with all them chrome loving criminals here but sgreed glad it didnt come here in full leave it for them Sydney fags

Advertised on trademe: 2000 WRX, Full body kit, scoop bonnet, big bore, wrc blue

Just a story from years ago. I was going to buy a wrx bug eye, year 2000, turned up at night and went for a test drive... asked him the question \'how is she on fuel?\', he turns to me and says \'mate... when you buy a car like this with this sort of power, you are going to use some fuel\'. I never gave it any throttle to feel the boost, as he was clearly protective of his rex.

Sorted a price, drew up a bank cheque. Even AA inspected it and compression tested it. Just before I was to do the transaction something bugged me about it all, I never saw \'turbo\' on the ad. I rung up a few garages and some mates assured me if its WRX its the turbo model. But I had to ask. Luckily, the guy said \'non turbo\'. I didnt take the car, but the guy was completely lying by omission as the car was fully decked out and the way he was talking sounded like he was running 25+ psi.

Lesson learned, no questions a dumb question, especially as it saved me from making a 12 grand mistake

B-MAGIC']

[quote name='petrolheadjman said:

What\'s wrong with that?

/quote]

Not hating just personal opinion... here it goes.

The fact that he wants 10 thousand dollars for a car that needs new rings/smokey engine on its way out.. 300thousand Ks on the clock, FWD, green dish and list goes on I can keep going but I wont. Some people may disagree but def a crime in my book IMO

you could build that for less than 10g i rekon. nothing special...