• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

HOORAY for Govt cost cutting

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keltik

They said its a replacement scheme. Probably going to give them dash mounted miniguns to sort speeders out without even needing to pull them over....or something just as rediculous.

m134d-land.jpg

Guest dynofiend

I always thought trying to reduce road casualities, (enforcing seatbelts, reducing speed, catching drink drivers) was part of what the police were meant to be doing? Weird how some people think otherwise? I guess your attitude would change if your matey potatey got wiped out by a speeding driver eh...

Guest loren
 dynofiend said:

I always thought trying to reduce road casualities, (enforcing seatbelts, reducing speed, catching drink drivers) was part of what the police were meant to be doing? Weird how some people think otherwise? I guess your attitude would change if your matey potatey got wiped out by a speeding driver eh...

Well it looks like you are wrong buddy. The Police are just govt tax collectors like the IRD.

If the govt was serious about reducing the road toll they would provide driver training,

and get serious about the penalties handed out to drunk drivers.

edit: I should say, the Police doing road patrolling etc is tax collecting. Their main function is collating crime statistics.

loren']

[quote name='dynofiend said:

/quote]

Well it looks like you are wrong buddy. The Police are just govt tax collectors like the IRD.

If the govt was serious about reducing the road toll they would provide driver training,

and get serious about the penalties handed out to drunk drivers.

edit: I should say, the Police doing road patrolling etc is tax collecting. Their main function is collating crime statistics.

couldnt have said it better myself

Guest swiftbrad

The Police are just govt tax collectors like the IRD.

What a load of bullsh*t, the Police are actually there to help keep society as a whole safe, and thats not just in regards to road safety. You go too fast, you pay ticket.

Grow up

Guest loren

swiftbrad said:

What a load of bullsh*t, the Police are actually there to help keep society as a whole safe, and thats not just in regards to road safety. You go too fast, you pay ticket.

Grow up

so naive aren't we. sure the police are there to serve and protect... and collect taxes.

you're the one that needs to grow up. don't tell me, you're a young and impressionable police cadet? lol.

Guest loren
 swiftbrad said:

shhhure

lol. you showed me up there bradley. I'm reeling from that swift retort. time for bed is it?

dynofiend said:

I think you are mis informed...enforcing seat belts(done with fines) and reducing speeds(done with fines) are all revenue generating practices.

Don't even bother saying anything else on the matter, it's a fact, it's not up for debate!

If the government's real aim was to keep people safe, they would hand out instant disqualfications, not bills!

Oh, and before anyone mentions it, at 40, i'm as grown up as i'm gonna get... ;)

Guest loren
 subieboy']

[quote name='swiftbrad said:

as I said man grow up

/quote]

you're pretty lame brad. go to sleep, and stop wasting posts.

Yawn,

You girls done yet? ;D

I know... most boring flame I've ever had.

loren']

/quote]

Grow up

so naive aren't we. sure the police are there to serve and protect... and collect taxes.

you're the one that needs to grow up. don't tell me, you're a young and impressionable police cadet? lol.

How many people do you know that have got a ticket for 61 in a 50 and slowed down? It serves no purpose. People justify it to themselves. Giving people monietry fines does not work.

• General Member

I'm with Loren and Swinny But there has to be a cutoff point, if we all knew that you could get away with 15kph over limit then things could get bad fast

either way ANY cutbacks in police force gear is BAD!

Guest loren
 JoKer said:

I'm with Loren and Swinny But there has to be a cutoff point, if we all knew that you could get away with 15kph over limit then things could get bad fast

either way ANY cutbacks in police force gear is BAD!

Not bad if the Police stop spending so much time handing out minor traffic tickets, and start looking for the bastards who burgled my house.

They have done NOTHING so far, 3 months down the track.

Haha here we go again, I have police mates and see both points of the argument... These threads are getting boring fast as it turns into a pro vs against police argument... And at the end of the day when for thsoe arguing the police are there to collect taxes and blah blah blah, ud still turn to them first thing if u ever got ass raped and alike haha

loren']

as I said man grow up

/quote]

you're pretty lame brad. go to sleep, and stop wasting posts.

Yawn,

You girls done yet? ;D

I know... most boring flame I've ever had.

Tell me about it, I fell asleep at the end of it! ;D

Guest loren
 WRXER said:

Haha here we go again, I have police mates and see both points of the argument... These threads are getting boring fast as it turns into a pro vs against police argument... And at the end of the day when for thsoe arguing the police are there to collect taxes and blah blah blah, ud still turn to them first thing if u ever got ass raped and alike haha

yeah, I guess your are right. complaining about anything is a waste of time. we should just let the government and the police, hell anyone at all, walk all over us, and just be happy no matter what. you're a wise man :P

I agree these threads are boring as hell though.

DPI said:

I think you are mis informed...enforcing seat belts(done with fines) and reducing speeds(done with fines) are all revenue generating practices.

Don't even bother saying anything else on the matter, it's a fact, it's not up for debate!

If the government's real aim was to keep people safe, they would hand out instant disqualfications, not bills!

Oh, and before anyone mentions it, at 40, i'm as grown up as i'm gonna get... ;)

Watch a TV programme like Motorway Patrol and see how cops (in Auckland anyway) handle drivers when they ticket them. The discussion is always about the amount of the fine, NOT trying to deter them from doing it in the first place. Once upon a time, Police used to issue warnings and lecture you on the error of your ways, today 99% of stops end in the issue of a fixed penalty fine.

Revenue gathering or driver education/correction? You decide. ::) I know which I think works best. And I'm old enough to remember when police rode bicycles

and Panda cars were a novelty. (you need to come form the UK to get that one)