Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

F*(()@&)* rock.. wheel damaged. Any one know of a repair place (PIC inside)

A_Tiny_Chipmunk

Funnily enough, I'm going through a process to get a wheel or two of mine fixed, or replaced.

There is Advanced Wheel Repairs in Porirua, but the Autobody shop that I took mine in to get assessed, said they send their wheels off to Arrow in Auckland.

I have used Rimrite in Palmy with good success as well, but nothing quite as nasty as what you've got there.

I'd go to the Porirua place first, and see what they say. If they say it's too tough for them, then either Arrow or Rimrite.

Scoobydoo said:
Funnily enough, I'm going through a process to get a wheel or two of mine fixed, or replaced.

There is Advanced Wheel Repairs in Porirua, but the Autobody shop that I took mine in to get assessed, said they send their wheels off to Arrow in Auckland.

I have used Rimrite in Palmy with good success as well, but nothing quite as nasty as what you've got there.

I'd go to the Porirua place first, and see what they say. If they say it's too tough for them, then either Arrow or Rimrite.

They said, to price up a new wheel..

From experience Arrow can fix almost anything, but expect at least $300-400 per wheel if they need straightening or welding.

Cheaper to find a replacement if you have the time and patience. We use them for insurance jobs when switching out the entire set isn't an option, beats $1000+ for a brand new factory alloy.

A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:
thats what i was thinking.

Ive been quoted $400 for a new wheel, that 2 month wait time though.. hense my post looking for factory wheels :S (will turn into track wheels when its back)

400 not bad def prefer that to 350 fixing that and know paints matched with no weak spots.

B4Gordon said:
if yr in welly try wheel magician or advanced wheel repairs

Wheel Magician is good for fixing curbing and road rash, but not major damage like this. But as it has already been said, $400 for a new rim is probably the best bet, seeing as it would cost almost that much to fix it.

Rolling on a space saver atm?

Scoobydoo said:
Wheel Magician is good for fixing curbing and road rash, but not major damage like this. But as it has already been said, $400 for a new rim is probably the best bet, seeing as it would cost almost that much to fix it.

Rolling on a space saver atm?

Cant really do, its smaller, cause factory 17's and these are 18's #mypoordiffs so atm its parked up feeling sad for itself still on the wheel as its holding pressure, with a new oil leak since flat nats..

A_Tiny_Chipmunk said:
Cant really do, its smaller, cause factory 17's and these are 18's #mypoordiffs so atm its parked up feeling sad for itself still on the wheel as its holding pressure, with a new oil leak since flat nats..

It's alright, you have the hairdressers car to keep the smile on your face ;)

Rim right in palmy are good. Theres engineering shop in naenae "Halcrow engineering". Does alot of good work. But looming at that its a major. Even if you could get it repaired. I would never use a repaire rim as track wheels. Some wheels are cast & once repaired they dont have the strength around the repaired area. Forged wheels you also have to take care when repairing.