nismovzr2003

Subaru GC8 Front Swaybar Link Replacement

Morning all,

I'm starting to replace all my bushes and swaybar links, quick question;

I have the following front swaybar links on my 98 Subaru GC8 V4 STI Coupe,

http://s850.photobucket.com/user/Aaron_McLean/media/OEM_zpstnbngwnb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Can I use the following (for example Whiteline KLC32),

http://s850.photobucket.com/user/Aaron_McLean/media/KLC32_zpsslgt1epy.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Or, Do I have to use these (for example Whiteline KLC139),

http://s850.photobucket.com/user/Aaron_McLean/media/KLC139_zpsmu6lb4zg.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

You can use any links that fit... the dog bone style might be a down grade though, because they have play.

Why are you changing them?

Edited by Loren

Starting to replace all the bushes with nolathane and the front swaybar links are looking past it.

Its gets used for the odd track day every now and then and thought it was time to start upgrading bushes, links, etc.

Your current links looks fine. No point replacing something that isn't busted, also don't bother with the whiteline set, you can get factory replacements from BNT for an 1/8th the cost

The lower boots have perished. Going with whiteline or nolathane links; being that they are meant to be aftermarket heavy duty, wont they be better for track use?

What about the rest of the bushings, replace with OEM rubber or upgrade to nolathane?

Cheers

Or hit up @D1Style for Whiteline bushes. 

MOOG is another company that makes heavy duty endlinks. Do some interesting ones with integrated grease nipples but don’t look to be listed for GC8’s

The dog bone style may not even fit alloy LCAs. I got the Whiteline ones (identical car) but in hindsight I should have gotten adjustable BNT ones which are identical and cost a fraction of the price; spend the rest on oil, brake fluid, pads.

The adjustable one's from BNT, does anyone have a part number for these? Are they Subaru GC8 specific or a generic item used on a wide variety of vehicles?

Thoughts on rear swaybar links, go aftermarket, e.g. whiteline, Nolathane, etc or reuse the OEM link but replace bushes with Nolathane?

Cheers

32 minutes ago, nismovzr2003 said:

The adjustable one's from BNT, does anyone have a part number for these? Are they Subaru GC8 specific or a generic item used on a wide variety of vehicles?

Thoughts on rear swaybar links, go aftermarket, e.g. whiteline, Nolathane, etc or reuse the OEM link but replace bushes with Nolathane?

Cheers

PM me your Rego, I'll see if it has been catalogued against your car and i'll get some pricing for you on the Links and Bushes

Edited by D1Style

13 minutes ago, D1Style said:

PM me your Rego, I'll see if it has been catalogued against your car and i'll get some pricing for you on the Links and Bushes

They'll just be LR90

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D1Style said:

Cheers bro!

No worries :yes: kinda crap I need to know :ph34r:

5 hours ago, nismovzr2003 said:

The rear plastic C links are terrible for deforming and cracking. I have even seen one snap clean in  half on a friends GF8. I would definitely go for an alloy replacement a la Whiteline or other.

16 minutes ago, GC8E2DD said:

The rear plastic C links are terrible for deforming and cracking. I have even seen one snap clean in  half on a friends GF8. I would definitely go for an alloy replacement a la Whiteline or other.

The whiteline units are extremely expensive for what they are... but bnt have much cheaper versions... you just need to put better bushes in them from what I hear. And then the weak point becomes the arb mount.

Edited by Loren

13 minutes ago, Loren said:

The whiteline units are extremely expensive for what they are... but bnt have much cheaper versions... you just need to put better bushes in them from what I hear. And then the weak point becomes the arb mount.

BNT/Autolign do the nolathane ones, so better than the factory replacements. Whiteline and nolathane are the same company

EDIT: Just checked the system and the Whiteline C-links are actually a few dollars cheaper than the Nolathanes

Edited by Zeus