Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bored? Offer your 2cents on a few cars..

Carbon']

S401 : http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,5252.0.html

Spec C : Yep, not liking the kit....

Cheers for the link! Interesting discussion..

Mazda3 SP23, nice looks and goes pretty well. Front tugger though.

BMW 330i, should be able to find one close to your 20k mark, but will have around 100k on it.

Actually did find a decent one, slightly over price range but low kms: here

dont really have an opinion on the car, unless a classic is under consideration (BC5 RS) but if you find one down-country, you could do what i did with a starlet gt that i brought. i got the AA to check it out (cost about $250) and then got the bus down (would have flown, but it was auckland to wellington and i got the bus for $20). car was exactly as described by them, and they test everything. bought it that morning, and got a good road test on the way back to auck. if you are flying in from europe, you can come in to christchurch, and that would be an awesome roadtest!!!

Yeah AA would be a decent idea, but at that cost i could fly AKL-CHC return and check it out myself. Also you're right about the drive back being a good road test, but problem is that'd be too late cos i would've already paid for it. Could try fly into Christchurch on the way back and then carry on to Auckland, although test-driving jet-lagged probably not a flash idea ;)

Sti's don't come with Wisco pistons standard aye?

So that mean the V7 Sti has been rebuilt, seems to have had a lot done to it, fuel rail's ecu etc.

Looks great tho but why would it need a rebuild have done less that 50 tho ks?

It's got the same TMIC as mine too the barstard I'll have to find a strut brace like his me thinks

it could of been rebuild to run higher boost at 1st guess or its run a BEB which isn't un-heard of in a subaru with less than 50k

edit also has the car been painted as the engine bay is gray?

Yeah i'm pretty sure it's been painted, haven't seen any others in that colour standard? With all that in mind i wonder if it could've also been in a crash..

Cheers for the links, unfortunately forgot to mention i'm hoping for manual. If i got auto i'd get bored of it, and want to sell and find a manual pretty quickly. Also after not working for 3months and spending all my money on Belgian beer and French wine i'm now a low roller doctor! Otherwise i'd just grab another low km late model STI

actually, i forgot about the evos, i am particular on the 5 and 6, but for the 20K you could get a bargain!!! they are great cars, and look the business too, and even though i am a subaru fan, nothing has really done it for me in recent years (until the latest STI arrived), so for 20k, i would say an EVO, but for the police line up, here are my picks...SNIP

My problem is i prefer the late model Evo's rather than the 5's or 6's, but will have a look. Also they seem to be more expensive for comparable models. All the cars you suggested are out of my budget, but thanks for teasing! :P

[quote name='subiv5 said:

There is this but the bumper on this is equally ugly. Looks WRX'y.

url]http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-227210259.htm[/url]

What about this? But its blue ::)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-235762326.htm

If you can stretch the budget then this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-237916397.htm

Great for the mountain, plus chucking bikes and boards in the back

Cheap Version 8?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/auction-237056943.htm

Something about that Spec C seems dodgy, i thought the other one looked in better nick and seemed better looked after. The blue car has expired, not fussed on colour really, in fact my white V10 was a pain in the ass to keep clean. Have thought about STI Foresters, don't like the look (never have liked Foresters but that's just my personal opinion) but they do seem like good performing practical cars. Cheap version 8 is potential, in fact a cheap 8 would be great but the nice one's seem to be (not surprisingly) too pricey for me :-[

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, that Spec C is Gay As...

Kit- WRONG!

Huge arse speakers in the parcel tray - WRONG!

215's on BBS rims - WRONG!

Badge/sticker on boot "RA Spec C' - WRONG!

It's either an RA fitted with Brembo's (not sure if THAT's right), or, more likely, it's a plain Spec C.

DPI']

Jesus, that Spec C is Gay As...

Kit- WRONG!

Huge arse speakers in the parcel tray - WRONG!

215's on BBS rims - WRONG!

Badge/sticker on boot "RA Spec C' - WRONG!

It's either an RA fitted with Brembo's (not sure if THAT's right), or, more likely, it's a plain Spec C.

Was waiting for your input, since you went and sold yours before i got back, i'm forced to look elsewhere :P There's two on TM at the moment with the RA Spec C stickers on them. The other one was linked to by subiv5 further up. Seems even dodgier than this one i reckon.

[quote name='WRXER said:

If u ever want anyone have a closer looksy down here in chch, Im more then happy to go have a look for you mate. :)

Thanks for the offer, if i end up looking seriously at something down that way then i'll let you know!

Yeah, seen that other RA Spec C (the one with 100,000km on it). It's a frigin pig ain't it?

Ugly ass wreckers yard rims, engine bay that looks like someone emptied thier dust bag into, interior isn't much better and it's had a cheap, polished intercooler bunged on it...god knows what else has been bastardised...

And the price...stay well away, unless you can talk him down a few g's.

I think safer just to stay away full stop. My g/f wasn't pleased when i mentioned buying yours, she loved my V10 almost as much as me, but after driving from Croatia to Prague in the middle of summer with a rental car that didn't have air con.. apparently now any car without air con is to be avoided ::)

TURTLE said:

Ugh that poor car. Gmax rims on a 50k+ car.... And not even good ones :(

You can pick up some of the older 2.7L turbo S4s for mid 20s as a private sale, so thats always an option - although Im not sure how reliable they are?

Evo 7 is another option, although most of the ones under 25k on Trademe are abused looking wee things.

BlkPnthr said:

I think safer just to stay away full stop. My g/f wasn't pleased when i mentioned buying yours, she loved my V10 almost as much as me, but after driving from Croatia to Prague in the middle of summer with a rental car that didn't have air con.. apparently now any car without air con is to be avoided ::)

Ha ha, you know mine had aircon factory... ;)

anyway, here's a few...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/Impreza/auction-230105520.htm

Bruce at rose city, only sells good cars…I have brought 3 subaru’s from him, all good.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/Impreza/auction-238180934.htm

Wouldn’t be paying 24,000 for it though…

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/WRX/auction-237458201.htm

Sounds like it needs shocks replacing, good excuse for new coilovers…

No DCCD though if the ABS is as listed…can’t see dash to make sure, and under 5 sec 0-60 unlikely, you’d need an RA Spec C for that…bugga, miss it already…

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Subaru/Impreza/auction-232353100.htm

Nice, needs better wheels though…has DCCD. Always liked the GDA flat nose over the GDB rounded one…

Oops, musta just looked at that huge list of things taken out and automatically added A/C by myself ;D

Thanks for the suggestions, nice low km's on the blue one, but more cash than i should probably spend. Red is getting closer, might be a decent buy for more like $22k. And that last white one is tidy too.

Think i have about 20 cars on my watchlist at the moment 8)

Yeah that's the "ideal" price range, problem is I'm too easily swayed by nicer cars that are more expensive. That's what happened with the V10, started just looking to upgrade my BG5 and ended up going as far as I could (didn't like the V11).

But yeah, this time is different, aiming for the lower side of $20k

Munkvy']

[quote name='TURTLE said:

Ugh that poor car. Gmax rims on a 50k+ car.... And not even good ones :(

You can pick up some of the older 2.7L turbo S4s for mid 20s as a private sale, so thats always an option - although Im not sure how reliable they are?

Evo 7 is another option, although most of the ones under 25k on Trademe are abused looking wee things.

Reliable if well serviced.

But like most Audis not much fun to drive and not that fast, might be as quick as a BE Legacy RSK.

Is there a list of car dealerships to avoid? From reading these forums, I'm getting the impression that these two are to be avoided:

Indy Cars (not sure why though?)

Bling Bling (dodgy?)

The price on the 350Z has dropped without bargaining, more into my price range now. Read a few reviews on them and lots of people seem to love them, but others say the interior is crap and they're pretty noisy inside. But then not like an STI is luxury either is it..

Would anyone touch this: 2003 damaged Spec C? I guess you'd bargain down a bit, and then just assume the total is about 20k after getting it fixed. Problem is what sort of damage has really been done. If it's not too bad, that's a low km V8 spec C for cheeeeap!

Also what's this? I didn't know they did a Spec R in this model.. 2007 2.0 Spec R

webup said:

To the OP a v7 STi is pretty good value for money these days and the country is full of them for sale at the moment.

I would avoid buying from a yard if possible as privately you can save 3-5k!

That red sti at BlingBling chch is hideous.

I have personally viewed it and its horrible and very messed around with.

20k? they must be kidding.

The market for modified cars is very small and only a certain group will buy these cars.

Personally I would try and find a nice tidy untouched example.

Thanks for that, was always a bit concerned about that STI. Think i'll be dropping it off the list. As for finding a nice tidy untouched example, easier said than done i think when looking at a model that's at least 7 years old now :-\

The 2003 Version 8 i mentioned earlier has become appealing again, although i'm worried about what the previous owner has done to it. It looks as though it has light-weight pulley kit, custom intake + pod filter (not a fan), and adjustable suspension from a quick glance, who know's what else they did. Found the plate (ECN80) on the cert in the engine bay, stuck it on CarJam and reckons it's a Spec C RA?? Could bring the price down, sell the mags, get some nice one's (Work Emotion CR-Kai 8)) and it'd almost be like having my V10 again :'(

Otherwise the ugly kit 2002 Spec C is tempting just since it looks in good nick and is a decent price.

Non-subaru i'm swayed towards the 350z

Decisions are so tough!! ???

i dunno, i mean, lowering my car that much is just not my scene, i just dont get it, but, i would get a nice set of adjusties in a heartbeat, ive had them before, and they really do make a difference to the driving experience, plus thsoe are probably set to their lowest point. doesnt look like its been too "boyracered" but does have a couple of tasteful mods.