Sign in to follow this  
ginganinja

Bleeding I/c waterspray

Hey there I wondered if there was any tips on feeling the intercooler waterspray system.

I have had the tank etc out of my car and now plugged it all back in. The waterspray motor is going but there is no water getting to the nozzles.

Anyone had this happen before?

Cheers

46 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

Hey there I wondered if there was any tips on feeling the intercooler waterspray system.

I have had the tank etc out of my car and now plugged it all back in. The waterspray motor is going but there is no water getting to the nozzles.

Anyone had this happen before?

Cheers

Check that the hoses are connected and there is water in the tank.

Could try sucking on the I/C end of the hose and trying to pull the water through that way?

Something bizarre going on here. The pump is at the bottom of the tank, not like it needs bleeding or anything. Maybe just run it for a while.

Pull lines off at the tank then operate to see if it is coming out at that end. If that works then try at the next join in the lines and progressively move forward.

Chances are there is a blockage somewhere if the pump is indeed pumping but nothing is making it to the nozzles.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Loren said:

Check that the hoses are connected and there is water in the tank.

Funny guy

3 hours ago, boon said:

Something bizarre going on here. The pump is at the bottom of the tank, not like it needs bleeding or anything. Maybe just run it for a while.

That's what I thought. Have run it a few times. But nothing getting to the sprayers.

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

Pull lines off at the tank then operate to see if it is coming out at that end. If that works then try at the next join in the lines and progressively move forward.

Chances are there is a blockage somewhere if the pump is indeed pumping but nothing is making it to the nozzles.

Yep I pulled the hose off at the bottom of the tank at the pump and water was pouring out, without the pump going. Will check theres no blockages further up the lines.

3 hours ago, boon said:

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

Edited by ginganinja

Posted (edited)

Ok so I have checked the hose and cant find any blocks, and I have run the pump a number of times but still no luck in getting any water to come out of the water spray nozzles.

Edited by ginganinja

So did you try activate the pump without the lines on to make sure it is actually pumping? 

42 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

So did you try activate the pump without the lines on to make sure it is actually pumping? 

Could try that however Water does just pour out of the tank as soon as I take the hose off.

18 minutes ago, ginganinja said:

Could try that however Water does just pour out of the tank as soon as I take the hose off.

Add a but of extra hose to raise the height if you have any. It pouring out doesn't mean the pump is actually flowing anything

• Like 1