Shibe

Does SI Drive control boost levels?

Probably a dumb question

Understandably SI drive controls throttle / throttle responsiveness levels.

I've noticed that in I (intelligent) mode, I get a maximum of about 10psi boost under hard throttle. Sports and Sports# modes both spike 16 then hold at 14psi.

It controls ’requested torque’ which can be used to set various boost levels to an extent.

1 hour ago, Shibe said:

I've noticed that in I (intelligent) mode, I get a maximum of about 10psi boost under hard throttle. Sports and Sports# modes both spike 16 then hold at 14psi.

I had also assumed I was boost limited based on those readings, seems that is not entirely correct

Then I just put it in S and forgot about it

Took mine to the track on the weekend for the first time, I is for ignore, S goes well unless you want to drift on the corners then s# is ya friend 

On s# my peak on the electronic dash boost gauge is 1.25 Peak 

What @Andy_Mac said it’s mapped to a target torque/power map that is calculated to/from a bunch of things. 
some models the boost limited could be different in I vs S and S#. In I the foot to the floor maybe only 80%. Mainly S# is S but with throttle getting to 100% way before the end of the travel. Much faster response. 

12 hours ago, Serchn said:

On s# my peak on the electronic dash boost gauge is 1.25 Peak 

Interesting, mines over 1.5 in S and S# on the analogue boost gauge, only a quick glance granted,  'things happen quickly' so I'm inclined to keep my eyes pointing forward