Jump to content
Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Sti headlights


Recommended Posts

  • Admin

 

I've often wondered the same.

Heaps of people seem to have these right now. The light output of most variants is s*** but you can with some, like this set, swap your existing low beam setup into them, minus the auto levelling feature which is my main concern for legality, though no WOF guy will ever notice it's missing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Andy_Mac said:

 

I've often wondered the same.

Heaps of people seem to have these right now. The light output of most variants is s*** but you can with some, like this set, swap your existing low beam setup into them, minus the auto levelling feature which is my main concern for legality, though no WOF guy will ever notice it's missing. 

 

It would seem they have that feature as well? Well the ones this guy installed did anyway he got them in aus 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
1 hour ago, TNHSTI said:

 

It would seem they have that feature as well? Well the ones this guy installed did anyway he got them in aus 

 

 

Ahh cool. You can get those CT Auto ones here too. The US guys seem to whinge about losing the feature with the Spyder ones which I believe are the same as CT Auto so I wonder if they just haven't been bothering to swap it over.

 

It could be in the projector lense that the light diminishes too but I've got no idea really.

 

I still fancy the OEMassive wide C style ones but they don't seem to have a HID friendly version. 

 

http://oemassive.com/fit-2008-2014-impreza-wrx-led-drl-switchback-signal-black-projector-headlights/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Auckland Member

Not sure about these ones in particular but if it were me and you want zero hassle I would buy headlights from a RHD market. I think typically the light patterns can be different as they are designed to light up signs on the side of road but not blind people coming the other way. Not sure if this is less of a concern on newer cars.

 

If this has already been considered then keep on and don't mind me. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
34 minutes ago, preim said:

Not sure about these ones in particular but if it were me and you want zero hassle I would buy headlights from a RHD market. I think typically the light patterns can be different as they are designed to light up signs on the side of road but not blind people coming the other way. Not sure if this is less of a concern on newer cars.

 

If this has already been considered then keep on and don't mind me. 😂

 

That's usually just the left and right adjustment isn't it? As in RHD markets have them both angling left slightly and the left bulb set slightly higher and the opposite for LHD countries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 5/03/2021 at 11:03 PM, Plya5 said:

I would love to get a pair of these for my car as i'm just an RGB fan boy and they would look cool when parked up. But whether they are legal here is another question, I'm gonna go with probably not :( 

https://circuitdemon.com/collections/subaru/products/circuit-demon-halo-oemassive-08-14-headlights-gills-w-hid

 

I have been wondering about them, I'm not really into that RGB stuff but they still look pretty nice with just white. I'd say the removal of the high beam light will be the big issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/03/2021 at 11:03 PM, Plya5 said:

I would love to get a pair of these for my car as i'm just an RGB fan boy and they would look cool when parked up. But whether they are legal here is another question, I'm gonna go with probably not :( 

https://circuitdemon.com/collections/subaru/products/circuit-demon-halo-oemassive-08-14-headlights-gills-w-hid

Nope not legal here or almost anywhere. 

no red light allowed at front or car.
No blue either thanks to all the muppets with blue washer spray lights. 


You can have between slightly blue white to yellow only. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Gripless said:

Nope not legal here or almost anywhere. 

no red light allowed at front or car.
No blue either thanks to all the muppets with blue washer spray lights. 


You can have between slightly blue white to yellow only. 

That's understandable if you are actually on the road driving, I don't know why you wouldn't want white lights anyway plus  not trying to be a nuisance to anyone. If the car is parked up off the road then it should be fine to have any color you want. But I guess it's that fact that the lights have the ability to change from white.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...