Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Returning member with v3 sti

Just bought a v3 sti . Yea the white one that was on fb in chch 

Had a v3 ra a few years ago . Was 197kw on 11 psi . 

Electric windows and central locking seem handy now im over 30 ha ha 

This thing runs ok . Vf 22 . Only on 10 psi so must have retard controller plumbing or its in linp mode . Will figure it out eventually.  

Desperately needs a new 02 sensor 

Will panel and paint it at some point and generally just make it as good as it can be . 

Ive still got an adjustment afm and a wide band so ill turn this thing up till it runs out of injectors . 

Like to think id build a forged 2.2 but yea have 0 of those bits lying around . Thought i had acess to some v6 heads but apparently not . 

If someone has some shim under bucket heads they want to sell id be interested 

Where are you all hosting photos that you share on here these days ? 

• Like 4

If we pay money can i get rid of the adds on the forum ? 

Can anyone state at what hp/ boost a vf 22 runs out of inlet or exhaust flow ?  Itll do 300 hp and almost 20 psi wont it 

Not a fan of back pressure 

Vf22 on a v3  and tdo5 on a legacy rs is my idea of appropriate turbo sizing 

Will buy a lightening flywheel and metallic clutch if someone has a brand name one lying around thats still got some life 

1 hour ago, lachlan said:

If we pay money can i get rid of the adds on the forum ? 

Can anyone state at what hp/ boost a vf 22 runs out of inlet or exhaust flow ?  Itll do 300 hp and almost 20 psi wont it 

Not a fan of back pressure 

Vf22 on a v3  and tdo5 on a legacy rs is my idea of appropriate turbo sizing 

Will buy a lightening flywheel and metallic clutch if someone has a brand name one lying around thats still got some life 

VF22 can run at about 22-23 psi and depending on engine health 270-300hp tops if your running 98 octane. Pretty sure thats accurate.

Edit: I use Flickr for uploading photos, works well.

• Admin

Flickr is my go to for photo hosting. It's yet to let me down and doesn't seem to get flagged and blocked by some browsers and workplace filters that a few alternatives do.

The current forum also auto embeds photo’s so you just need to copy the URL on the host site to here and it does all the rest on it's own.

Yeah you can sign up for a paid subscription that gives you ad free scrolling in the store.

1 hour ago, Andy_Mac said:

Flickr is my go to for photo hosting. It's yet to let me down and doesn't seem to get flagged and blocked by some browsers and workplace filters that a few alternatives do.

The current forum also auto embeds photo’s so you just need to copy the URL on the host site to here and it does all the rest on it's own.

Yeah you can sign up for a paid subscription that gives you ad free scrolling in the store.

Thanks fulla 

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/wHTl09eYErOA

Not sure if that works . Lazy mans copy from fb 

Car has 6s ecu like it should 

Ecu had stored code for afm and 02 sensor . 

Where is the done thing place to get a new 02 sensor from ? Even if it needs the plug swapped .

Ugly af blue leds for dash dials . Fml 

Can anyone comment on how to tell between a vf 22 and 23 if the printing is gone off the comp housing ?  Without removing it from the car . Probably not 

Shifter has the usual 8 miles of left to right slop but actually feels nice in and out of every gear . 

Ugly gay razo pedal covers that don't fit my shoes between them . 

Day off tomorrow so ill go see what the wof man thinks of it 

Anyone got a upgraded dump pipe they want to sell . This one appears stock 

Was there ever a knock off of the syms headers?   

They look like these 

https://images.app.goo.gl/VSB7QCqGvnZjPHDV7

Distinguishing features being slip joints with tie bars . The big pipe loop on the left hand closest side of the photo and the twin up pipes that merge right before turbo . 

Last owner w**ked on about them but didnt mentiom syms . 

Last owner also w**ked on about his ranger with a throttle controller being almost as fast as the wrx , among lots of other s*** that fell out when he opened his mouth so didnt pay too much attention 

9 hours ago, lachlan said:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/wHTl09eYErOA

Not sure if that works . Lazy mans copy from fb 

Car has 6s ecu like it should 

Ecu had stored code for afm and 02 sensor . 

Where is the done thing place to get a new 02 sensor from ? Even if it needs the plug swapped .

Ugly af blue leds for dash dials . Fml 

Can anyone comment on how to tell between a vf 22 and 23 if the printing is gone off the comp housing ?  Without removing it from the car . Probably not 

Shifter has the usual 8 miles of left to right slop but actually feels nice in and out of every gear . 

Ugly gay razo pedal covers that don't fit my shoes between them . 

Day off tomorrow so ill go see what the wof man thinks of it 

Anyone got a upgraded dump pipe they want to sell . This one appears stock 

Have a siamese dump pipe (2.5") if you're interested? i'm in Auckland though.

• 2 months later...

Progress is slow.  

Starting own business 

Have nearly 20 classic dirt bikes i maintain and race 

Vq30det jetboat thats fun aswell 

I have a spare v7 ic someone can have cheap its a bit rough but usable 

The vf23 can be for sale if someone is hanging out for one .

The stock v3 sti intercooler can find a new home if someone wants it 

I now have a 6s ecu . A ej20k powerfc with controller and a linkg4 plug in . I dont need 3 ecus obviously 

Still after a whole exhaust.  Mine still has a stock down pipe and god knows what else back to a big fart can . 

Got a red silicon gpi intake hose that someone can have.  I want a black one 

Whos got anything to say about the sub 1000 dollar turbos on trade me ?  As far as results and it lasted a a year or it lasted 4 months Or would you rather a high flowed old td05 . Or which version of a tdo5 is the best all rounder on a stock motor. Will get injectors and retune etc  

Cheers all 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

@lachlan I'll take you up on the intercooler, VF23 and ECU(s) depending on price.

@ginganinja is selling a HKS hi-power catback and I can vouch for these exhausts. Really, really nice. You may have trouble finding a downpipe as most of the ones available suit a GD chassiss. (They are single scroll and mount to the gear box, but they are slightly longer in overall length and make it a pain to fit to a GC catback).

NZKW do the black silicon intakes. 

Don't know about the turbos - I sourced a brand new VF for $1,000. If you have the money, you should be able to pick up a VF between 1-2k or an aftermarket one that will fit the factory location in the same price range.