• Raised $0.00

triangle tires

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koom']

[quote name='Shale said:

It was a slightly unrelated comment plugging the tyres, not discussing the physics of the brake testing machine ;)

/quote]

Ahh but the "plug" for the tyres directly relates to the physics of the brake testing machine ;)

Indeed it does, just not necessarily as directly as enthused a few posts ago. We all know that good tyres are just as important as good brakes in the process of braking - they're not just there for the handling aspect. My brakes were utter shart when I had lesser tyres on, and now they're doing what they should. Nothing has changed other than the tyres, so it's pretty conclusive.

In fact, if you feel like going for said physics lesson, it would no doubt benefit a lot of people here (myself included) in better understanding the nature of braking, et al.

I wonder how often those brake machines get calibrated ?

:D

On my old, heavily cambered with barely 3mm tread RE01Rs the machine recorded 390 !

Next WOF with new pads and new T1Rs the numbers dropped to 300.

Then 220, last WOF they made 260.

:P

I had a couple on my old pulsar, were ok on that coz it had no power whatsoever and barely could get to 100kph and was used to drive 20kms a day max to and from work. Wouldnt trust them on a high(ish) performance car though. Not exactly a reputed tire are they

newsuba said:

I wonder how often those brake machines get calibrated ?

:D

On my old, heavily cambered with barely 3mm tread RE01Rs the machine recorded 390 !

Next WOF with new pads and new T1Rs the numbers dropped to 300.

Then 220, last WOF they made 260.

:P

This is actually accurate though since tyres give more dry grip at the end of their life. That and the Bridgestone's are a much better tyre than the Toyo's.

+1

Also, exactly the same machine each time?

I consistently get one specific machine. The one closest to the building at VTNZ GI...never the furthermost one, always the closest (heck knows why, but it's worth noting). Somehow managed to get less than 200 on Toyos, 230-something on the RE001s and 300 on my favourite tyres yet. (BLASPHEMY?! MADNESS?!)

Tyre tread level, tyre temperature, tyre pressure, roller temperature, whether the rollers or tyres are wet or dry... it all makes a difference.

The key thing is for them to be even... that is all they care about.

i got 4 brand new 18" triangle tires fitted balanced and wheel alignment done for $500 there ok in the dry but take them over 80km/hr and you think the wheel alignment needs to be done again as there is a like moan from the road noise but since taking it back have been told thats just what they do.

had ling longs on the mitsi before and they were cheap tires cheaper than triangles.

take the triangles into the wet and its just fun times i couldn't stop laughing it was just a joke hence looking to swap my 18's for some 17's at the mo, sorry pappu i don't think gold mags would suit my car.

would i do it again sorry to say but no i'd rather have the car off the road for 2months and get some decent tires than just the one month and only have triangles.

H8RS H8']

[quote name='G-unit said:

kingstars are cheap enough, i pay 150 each,alot better then the ns2s i had i reckon

/quote]

i have ns2's on my car - but only because they are the cheapest tires for 20" rims you can get :S

... i pop so many i dont bother with anything more expensive! ... i pay $160ea (bought direct from contact at YHI + fitting @ local tire shop)

Weeeell me thinks that maybe you should get a smaller rim then aue ???

subieboy']

[quote name='G-unit said:

kingstars are cheap enough, i pay 150 each,alot better then the ns2s i had i reckon

/quote]

i have ns2's on my car - but only because they are the cheapest tires for 20" rims you can get :S

... i pop so many i dont bother with anything more expensive! ... i pay $160ea (bought direct from contact at YHI + fitting @ local tire shop)

Weeeell me thinks that maybe you should get a smaller rim then aue ???

And a brain.

• 2 weeks later...

i have Achilles ATR Sport. seem to be alright, anyone heard of these before? i got them with my mags from mag and turbo, i think they are about $200 a tyre

• 2 weeks later...