Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reubens Second Single Conversion thread. 56k fail.

ReubenH

Re: the fixing up and selling idea (and it's a bloody old one) I could do a BG fine, but the market's poos for them. And the BH TT system baffles me, the vac line setup is incomprehensible (especially the mystery extra BOV vac lines on the VDC things). But i bet i could still manage. In either case single conversions will likely make a loss. I've not seen them add much value to legacy's on trade me at all. The only time it would make a profit is if you picked up a WRX replacement engine for a good price, with most parts needed (manifolds and turbo attached)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BH and BE's are where you want to get into the market, and im seeing more and more BH's with dead engines or trans going for good cheap prices. and BH motors are getting cheap, see some on TM for 1.5k. its really what i should be doing at the moment but been pouring my funds into my WRX

well you will get like 7k for even a shitty BH................ but picking the base car is the important bit, and of cars ive done i only bother with things with good paint and non damaged interiors

EJ20T said:

BH and BE's are where you want to get into the market, and im seeing more and more BH's with dead engines or trans going for good cheap prices. and BH motors are getting cheap, see some on TM for 1.5k. its really what i should be doing at the moment but been pouring my funds into my WRX

yeah i just bought a blown beb b4 legacy for really good price.

Got a motor with 71,000km for a good price nad will go back in and on trademe asap

Right, little update. You may have seen the rough running thread in engine section, turns out, as suggested, he's got a bung air flow meter. After putting mine in, car ran perfectly. Also, apparently his BCS was broken, but thankfully TT's have two, so i used the other one, and it works fine. Car hold's pretty much 1 bar/15psi

That said, the turbo makes a hell of noise when you turn the car off. Sounds like a bloody jet engine spooling down, yet when the car is boosting it's a pretty ordinary turbo sound. you can really only notice how loud it is when you turn the engine off and hear it spool down. odd.

Other than that, she's a runner. mint.

hey is there any more wireing at the ecu end or is that it now ???

can explan a little more on wht wire you are cutting and joining can see 85 % of wires there are so many dam colours the same ah >:(

can see red/green gets cut and joined to blue/red

join back/red to black/red

red/black goes ?

join red -to red/green

blue/red- blue

Drunkenmonkey said:

yeah going to get new afm into it and leave it idling for awhile get oil through see if it makes it anybetter

Prob won't make a difference, you've already boosted it so if there was any thing that needed freeing up, that boost should have done it already.

We shall see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i've just finished this conversion and the car sounds great. But my boost cuts out halfway through the boost. And my check engine light is on with codes 23 and 44. Can't wait to fix these probs and get on the open road.

[move]You'll never shut down the real napster[/move]

ninja edit