Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reubens Second Single Conversion thread. 56k fail.

ReubenH

>hits boost cut

>code 44

Got a busted solenoid au

On a serious note, exactly the same thing happened to matts car. I plugged the green connectors together, and set the ignition to on (test mode). And surprise surprise, no ticking/clicking coming from the BCS. I got the one from the front guard plugged in, and away it went clicking as expected. Test drove, all fixed.

Did you swap the wires at the ECU end for the two BCS's? the pin in the loom that the single turbo ECU talks to addresses the inner guard BCS, not the strut tower BCS. gotta swap those wires, and ta-da.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ReubenH said:

>hits boost cut

>code 44

Got a busted solenoid au

On a serious note, exactly the same thing happened to matts car. I plugged the green connectors together, and set the ignition to on (test mode). And surprise surprise, no ticking/clicking coming from the BCS. I got the one from the front guard plugged in, and away it went clicking as expected. Test drove, all fixed.

Did you swap the wires at the ECU end for the two BCS's? the pin in the loom that the single turbo ECU talks to addresses the inner guard BCS, not the strut tower BCS. gotta swap those wires, and ta-da.

Hey not to sure on how to do this. And not sure if it's been done or not. Tried plugging the other BCS in on test mode and still get nothing.

RichieRich']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

>hits boost cut

>code 44

Got a busted solenoid au

/quote]

Hey not to sure on how to do this. And not sure if it's been done or not. Tried plugging the other BCS in on test mode and still get nothing.

It sounds like you plugged the other solenoid in the plugs near the firewall??

You need to swap the wires at the ECU end as the ECU is only talking to the BCS thats in the inner guard if you leave it as is. Once the wires are swapped round, it talks to the one by the firewall (drivers side strut tower).

I was just curious, would it be possible to change all the gear over to single turbo in a B4 and keep using the twin turbo computer until you sort out the a decent ecu.

If you just kept it really mild like stock boost would it still run or throw codes and go into limp mode. ?

mattapo said:

It will throw up codes like they are going out of fashon and live in limp mode.

I did it with my BD5a, I routed boost pressure from the single turbo through the 'exhaust gas supply control valve' solenoid before entering the 'secondary side' of the differential pressure sensor. If you understand how the twin turbo system works it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure the BH & BE have the same BBoD and diff pressure sensor (correct me if I'm wrong) so it should work the same.

I still use the same ECU, just with a single turbo setup, and it runs fine with no CELs, has done for about two years!

It's possible.

I don't advise it. Gotta remember the ECU is going to be trying to opperate the TT system. It may throw some random errors and such. And the tune will be way off, you'll make more power, and save petrol by chucking in a single turbo ECU i'm sure.

i was just thinking along the lines of the high compression from the twin turbo engine and the STI Ecu having issues with timing, so sticking with the B4 ecu the engine would still think its on the same page.

Or can you run lower boost or something with the sti ecu to get around it.

You need to swap the wires at the ECU end as the ECU is only talking to the BCS thats in the inner guard if you leave it as is. Once the wires are swapped round, it talks to the one by the firewall (drivers side strut tower).

Not too sure on how to do this. Running V3 Sti ECU. What wires am I swapping with what?

RichieRich said:

Not too sure on how to do this. Running V3 Sti ECU. What wires am I swapping with what?

Have you read through this thread?

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,74.0.html

Look at the wiring section.

Wire A9 (loom) into A10 (ECU). Wire A22 and A23 (loom) into A9 (ECU). Ground B18 (ECU).

Swap A19 with A3 <- makes V3/4 ECU talk to the correct boost control solenoid.

conversion18-new.jpg

This thread was alot of help, thanks.

Sweet I've done this and plugged the 2 green plugs togethers and the BCS clicks like mad. Although the fender BCS doesn't do anything and I still get the CEL's 44 and 23. Plus it still cuts early through the boost.

Would the AFM have anything to do with it?

And on another note. I've got an orange label AFM on but still get the CEL code 23.

If the passenger fender BCS is clicking, but the strut tower one isnt'. Yeah, get those wires swapped.

As for AFM. Once you have the BCS fixed, clear the ECU memory, and do some test driving and see if the AFM code pops back up. From experience.... the CEL won't come on. There were none when we did matts car, but sure enough, checked the memory and it was there. The AFM was faaarked.

Sweet. I've done everything, reset the ECU (disconnect battery for 30 mins). The CELs no longer display 44 and 23. But 45 has come up. Grrr

Ok. So I replaced the map sensor and still get the same problem. Reset ECU and still code 45 again. I guess the next thing would be to check or replace the 'atmospheric pressure change over solenoid'.

I've got no idea what this is or where its located. Some help please.

Thanks

SWEET!!! Got it sorted! No more CEL's. Had to replace the twin turbo map sensor with a WRX/forrester one. Part number: 22012AA090. Reset ECU and sweet. Boosting properly now. It had real sluggish accelleration beforehand while CEL was on.

Thanks for all your help.. ;D ;D ;D

• 9 months later...

got a couple of questions if anyone can answer them.

IMG_5926.jpg

on the tt loom there is a single connector which comes out with these wires.

it is the signal wire for the power steering pump.

where does the signal wire come from on the v3/4

also

IMG_5932.jpg

that 2 way valve (with the green nipples) just below the iac what exactly is this for?

would appreciate any help thanks fellow sub'ers :)

rex-leggy said:

that 2 way valve (with the green nipples) just below the iac what exactly is this for?

would appreciate any help thanks fellow sub'ers :)

That green thing is the purge control solenoid valve, purges the fuel tank fumes into or from the charcol canistor, not really needed for what you are doing, but plug it in anyways incase the ECU throws a hissy cause it cant find/see it