Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Reubens Second Single Conversion thread. 56k fail.

ReubenH

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a productive day. Matt came up early in the morning, and we were at it all day. Managed to get the manifold all together, on the engine, and the engine in the car. Also sorted out all the wiring with the engine loom, and as expected, pretty much matched the GTB one perfectly, the only difference was the coil packs of course.

Pics

IMG_5923.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5925.jpg

Final split rail setup there, all packed under the BOV return pipe keeping it out of the way, and stops it pinching on top of the water pipe across the top of the block.

IMG_5926.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5928.jpg

Finally coming together

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5932.jpg

IMG_5933.jpg

Had to cut into the bracket here, as the VF28 outlet was interfering with it, like on the VF39...

IMG_5934.jpg

Sorting out the ignitor, for the coil pack conversion, same place i mounted mine, nice and convenient, and keeps the wiring to a minimum.

IMG_5935.jpg

Sorting out lengths, and loom, about to splice in. It's allot easier to do when you start with the single turbo loom.

IMG_5936.jpg

Easy

IMG_5937.jpg

"Just like a bought one"

IMG_5938.jpg

Our rangi primay oil return block. That's a silicone hose in the big hose, with a bolt. :P

IMG_5941.jpg

And in at last!

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

And todays honorary mechanic :P

IMG_5949.jpg

if you pick and chose right, and know the people we know, you can easily double your money. It's all down to finding the right deal.

Sadly with the GTB's, the duds have EXPENSIVE engines to replace. while an EJ20H may set us back say $600, an EJ20R or K will set us back a good 2-3K.

I would have got a new one considering the state of it, but that wasn't on the agenda. Apparently the engines coming out soon again anyway ???

Anyway, all back together... just missing a clutch slave cyl. It wasn't set properly on the clutch fork when we went to test it... woops. Killed it good.

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5953.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

ReubenH said:

Anyway, all back together... just missing a clutch slave cyl. It wasn't set properly on the clutch fork when we went to test it... woops. Killed it good.

Did the pin just fall out of the rubber boot or did the piston somehow come right out?

Guest boostin
 yellowsub said:

looks way cool guys well done now when can you come down and do mine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thts the goss with getting the motor off gearbox has anybody got a puture of were the key is that you have to undo to get them apart ?

Its a 10mm allen key plug down beside the starter.

chrisjunkie said:

Sweet man looks like it's coming along quite nicely! Oh I miss the days of anticipation doing my engine!

Maybe we should buy a semi decent Legacy with a blown engine on the cheap and do a single conversion and flog it off! ;D

i did this last year, but just replaced 2 engines no single conversions and made 4.5k in profit, easy cash to be made out there

EJ20T']

[quote name='chrisjunkie said:

Sweet man looks like it's coming along quite nicely! Oh I miss the days of anticipation doing my engine!

Maybe we should buy a semi decent Legacy with a blown engine on the cheap and do a single conversion and flog it off! ;D

/quote]

i did this last year, but just replaced 2 engines no single conversions and made 4.5k in profit, easy cash to be made out there

So how did you replace the engines? New shortblock/longblock etc?

VERY interested to know how. As hard as it is putting twin turbo back in probably not a bad idea. Doing a single only takes more time with little to no profit I'd expect

Drunkenmonkey said:

yeha i asked he said he will keep and eye out but good luck..:P

Cheers for that dude, Will prob try and find reuben's house in the next few days and have a look at all the progress up close

chrisjunkie']

[quote name='chrisjunkie said:

/quote]

So how did you replace the engines? New shortblock/longblock etc?

VERY interested to know how. As hard as it is putting twin turbo back in probably not a bad idea. Doing a single only takes more time with little to no profit I'd expect

nah just second hand complete motors and swapped them over, if things had of worked out better time wise i would bought a manual BL5 gtb that was at turners for 7k with a run bottom end, but i had just got my rsk and didnt have the cash. now i would of made some real dough on that!