Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What have you done to your car today?

Guest keltik

Google plastidip its crazy they do whole cars.

Keen to paint wheels with it coz it peels off post how you get on. We deal with the distributor if its the proper plastidip but who did you buy it off?

On the new tire fight Achilles ATR are definitely better than triangle ive had both definitely a big price difference too. Ha they were advertised in NZPC so they must be pretty botherin good... ;D

I got it through Seal imports LTD. They were the only place I could find that had the aerosol in stock.

Guessing you deal with Griffiths? Pretty sure they are the sole importer.

If you get good deals, you should price me up a 3L can of matte white! Keen to do my whole car.

Pretty amazing stuff considering you need bugger all prep work. Suposed to stick like shit to a blanket and be chip proof, crack proof and what not. Yet easy to peel off with zero damage when you get sick of the colour.

wrx_lou said:

I got it through Seal imports LTD. They were the only place I could find that had the aerosol in stock.

Guessing you deal with Griffiths? Pretty sure they are the sole importer.

If you get good deals, you should price me up a 3L can of matte white! Keen to do my whole car.

Pretty amazing stuff considering you need bugger all prep work. Suposed to stick like s*** to a blanket and be chip proof, crack proof and what not. Yet easy to peel off with zero damage when you get sick of the colour.

Yea I know the rep pretty well he has a mivec he races showed me heaps of vidz of plastidip last trip. You in the industry or just handy on the net?

Would be mint if you were parking a car up for a few years.

See what I can do on a 3l just Im not sure what stock they hold yet theyve had it ages just not such an extensive range.

Na just handy on the net. Seemed like a cheap alternative to power coating and thought why not?

Watched all the vids on you tube and seems to be pretty straight forward (famous last words lol)

Its pretty limited here from what I've found. Nearly $50 a can here where as you can get 4 cans for about $25US in the states off the dipyourcar website.

You can get it from places like Bunnings and Repco but they only sell the small 250ml tubs.

Im sure they buy through griffiths too bro repco definitely do. Importing it will be way cheaper get some extra and put them on TM to cover costs.

Get me some too I want toxic green though... :'(

Gotta post pics after you do it.

Yeah they get it off griffiths but they wont get anything other than whats stocked. I tried to get the aerosol but they didnt want to bother. SIL had it on the shelf.

I dont think I'd be able to get enough to actualy make it worth importing. Would probably be added fee's with it being a dangerous substance plus thered be tax's as I'd have to get more than the tax free threshold would allow.

If the Achilles is anything like triangles which i had on my last commodore, ill definitely change them. Dangerous in the wet in a heavy rwd car with torque. But if other than that, I don't require much for the clubby, i just drive it to work so didn't want to spend much. have good tyres on the rex for having fun with.

And btw hatesevo, i wouldn't comment on my means if i were you. I pay more in tax p/a than you have ever "earnt" in your life.

hate-evoz']

[quote name='sultan said:

If the Achilles is anything like triangles which i had on my last commodore, ill definitely change them. Dangerous in the wet in a heavy rwd car with torque. But if other than that, I don't require much for the clubby, i just drive it to work so didn't want to spend much. have good tyres on the rex for having fun with.

And btw hatesevo, i wouldn't comment on my means if i were you. I pay more in tax p/a than you have ever "earnt" in your life.

/quote]

You pay more taxes than me? haha I know you do... You pay for my income, My benefit that comes in every tuesday. Thankyou my brother.. Back to my Xbox 360 that YOU help pay for... LOL

I don't know you mate but from your attitude on here I can tell I'd never get sick of bashing you.

Kiddies, seriously. Wrong thread for this anyway...go and chuck rocks at each other somewhere else before I stick some tape on your mouths.

However. I wouldnt mind some of that gold metal plastidip to redo the gold on my mags at some point.

My bad, I've never been one to back down from saying what needs to be said or what others are thinking.

Anyway......

Watched a couple videos on YouTube regarding that plastidip, looks easy enough and the results seem good. Brakes give off a fair bit of heat and I would be interested in knowing how the product holds up to it. Keep us informed please.

Will do. Aparently they will take up to 200 degree's.

I would think that would be ample considering they dont contact the brakes directly.

They would also get a fair amount of cooling from the rotation too I would of though.

mattapo']

[quote name='hijacka said:

Polished Heater tank cover thingy, Can be bought up to mirror finish but i can't be bothered rubbing it anymore than i already have lol over it!

IMG]http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee437/hijacka/IMG_01111.jpg[/img]

Nice header tank

Wanna polish mine? ;D

does your misses not do it for you any more tony?

Dirty boy...

I was referring to the header tank, too many other stuff to do such as finishing my man cave...

wrx_lou said:

Bought 3 cans of plastidip to try on my wheels.

Bit on the expensive side at $45 per can but considering they dont need primer I guess not too bad.

Just watched a YouTube video on that. Holy crap it's cool! If you mess up, can just peel off :o

wrx_lou said:

Bit on the expensive side at $45 per can but considering they dont need primer I guess not too bad.

Let me know what ya think, mite do the same to mine. what colours can you get?

pl0x']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

/quote]

Let me know what ya think, mite do the same to mine. what colours can you get?

Will do some before and after photos. Pretty standard colours. Gloss and matte black and white, blue, red and yellow, matte army green. Theres also a clear you can use over the top and dunno if you can get it here but a metalizer so you can do metalic effects like gold and bronze.

Plus there is also a mix your own kit if you have the means to spray it.

Its really just a matter of finding out who stocks what.

Got around to fixing the left rear seatbelt that jammed up, had just payed for one from strongs as I gave up, as I walked in side saying to the wife it was buggered, swinging it around like a yoyo, it just rolled itself out and down to the floor, back in car and working better than before.

Swindog']

[quote name='Jakee said:

DId yyou know cops can give you a ticket for having a HUGE gear knob like that.

Their argument is that it can impale someone in an accident. People in my car always wear seatbelts, otherwise I won't let them in the car. Also, I have airbags, and you can argue that people can be impaled on any shift knob. There is no law against it, it is discretionary and if a cop has an issue with it I will explain the same thing or put my factory one back on which is in the glove compartment.