Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Why the bu(n)g eyes?

yo

how come subaru made the rex with the bug eyes? does anyone like them? personally I think they are totally ugly

was it a mistake for subaru to venture into such territory?

keen to know your thoughts and if you do own one, why you own it and if anyone owns one because they actually like the design of the front end, ie especially, especially, the headlights.

// RSK IT

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly felt the same way until someone suggested I put a pic of every model up on the wall and just look everytime ya walk past. soon you will come to appreicate it...if i had the cash i would be the model i would be hunting out....

also look how long the gc8 series was run..no major differences, so they broke the mold and imo did a good job, something different..

taste n cars is like taste in music, clothes etc.. not everyone like the same stuff.

Guest boostin

IMO its the Subaru version of a Fiat Multipla. Its got a face and bum only a mother could love.

Actually V7 through 10 are all ugly. V11 was a massive improvement!!

I actualy love them! I bought mine because of the shape. Must admit thought they were gay when they first came out but now love it!!

I do prefer the sti version cosmetics over the standard rex - but thats only me :-*

I remember when they came out a lot of people couldn't beleive what subaru had done by making such an ugly car. Reviews came down hard on the looks but they did say that it was a look that would grow on ya. Personally I used to hate it but just recentially I have had a change of heart. When the time comes it will most likely be a v7 I look for.

boostin said:

IMO its the Subaru version of a Fiat Multipla. Its got a face and bum only a mother could love.

il pick to quote this to make my point...

its all personal opinion...

I dont "hate" the v7... but the v10 is the yummiest imo, love the GF8, and also the newer v11

Guest boostin
 funkytown']

[quote name='boostin said:

/quote]

I dont "hate" the v7... but the v10 is the yummiest imo, love the GF8, and also the newer v11

Oh for sure. Like a lot of people on here hate the V11 and the new Legacy. I like both.

boostin']

/quote]

Oh for sure. Like a lot of people on here hate the V11 and the new Legacy. I like both.

hai5 brother ;D

p.s just been for a drive in a new legacy... feels very big.. actually very comfy and it went nicely.. still looks like a POS..

Guest boostin
 funkytown said:

hai5 brother ;D

p.s just been for a drive in a new legacy... feels very big.. actually very comfy and it went nicely.. still looks like a POS..

Was it the CVT? I like driving those.

boostin']

[quote name='funkytown said:

hai5 brother ;D

/quote]

roger that - it was indeed, a rather random different experience if your not used to it.

for the size, NA, and the slushy box it was reasonably responsive to my suprise

Guest boostin
 funkytown']

[quote name='funkytown said:

hai5 brother ;D

/quote]

roger that - it was indeed, a rather random different experience if your not used to it.

for the size, NA, and the slushy box it was reasonably responsive to my suprise

They drive really nice. I got to drive (read thrash) one through Twilight Rd. Its a tight, twisty, hilly road. I was impressed with how it went. The CVT holds the engine on peak torque, so you've always got some snot to pull you out of the corner. And for a big car they handle well.

Edit - And sorry for the thread jack!! :-X

I bought one and wouldn't look back. I think they are the best value cars around at the moment... still less than 10 years old so can get ones with low km's, and around the 12-13k mark for WRX and 15-17k for the STi (depending on condition of course), they are still a few grand cheaper than the V8's.

Stronger engine internals and better suspension with the GD chassis make for a good base package to mod, without the turbos being twin-scroll so are also a bit cheaper to mod then the v8s exhaust wise.

There was a write up a few months ago in the NZPC mag, saying that the V7 was the one to get "bang-for-buck". They need a few cosmetic mods to get them looking to people's acquired tastes, like removing the small spoiler and big wheels (18",19"). It was one of the first things I did - made eyelids and got a new spoiler. Now it looks nice and agressive and I like it :)

EDIT: Thanks for that vote of approval aim :D

I used to think they are they ugliest thing around, when they came out. They are a distinctive car, and for that reason I brought one and it goes hard. A version 8 was atleast another 5-7 grand for a good one so that ruled it out. V9s and v10s are my favourite. you have to get either a white or mica blue version 7, silver doesnt do it for me aye

R.D']

/quote]

i thought everyone loves the version 8!! flawless?!

the prom queen of subaru without doubt

v9 with the diff wheels looks the biz i rekn. i woulda said the v11 looks horible lol but thats me

if i had the money i wud do a v8 face lift on a v7 and that be it..

the v7 is seriously the bang for buck of most performance cars..

15k for v7 sti and u wud be hard pressed to find any other car on the market with the performacne and everyday driving pleasure/comforrt at that price point

as far as looks go - i didnt like it when it came out but now i am likin it more especially a few mods and they look aight..

B4 2000 said:

i genuinely love and hate its uglyness at the same time, which make me want to own one of them so bad lol.

+1, on the V11 being the best shape subaru made imo

hahah sunday mid day posta ;D

(bored at work man)

pappu']

[quote name='B4 2000 said:

i genuinely love and hate its uglyness at the same time, which make me want to own one of them so bad lol.

+1, on the V11 being the best shape subaru made imo

/quote]

hahah sunday mid day posta ;D

(bored at work man)

actually, just woke up and was still in bed when I posted that. lol :);)

Guest boostin
 pappu said:

if i had the money i wud do a v8 face lift on a v7 and that be it..

the v7 is seriously the bang for buck of most performance cars..

15k for v7 sti and u wud be hard pressed to find any other car on the market with the performacne and everyday driving pleasure/comforrt at that price point

as far as looks go - i didnt like it when it came out but now i am likin it more especially a few mods and they look aight..

The only way to facelift them is with a sledgehammer. Then it would be an improvement.

They made the 7 ugly. They forgot to stop digging when at the bottom of a hole, and kept going with the 8, 9 and 10. Then someone found a loooong ladder, and they saved it with the 11.

Guest Dazza

I also didn't like the V7 when it came out as the road car but it grew on me but I thought the WRC V7 Rally car was a hot looking car with bigger rear wing etc staunch looking rally car, V8, 9 and 10 was an improvement in the looks department and the V11 is starting to grow on me saw one a few days ago in gunmetal grey sexy hot hatch!! The 22B in my opinion is the greatest looking subaru staunch looking sexy beast god i want one ;D