• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Extreme Interest to CHCH's missing cars

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sort of...

I ended up phoning the police to discuss whether my car was one of the ones found. Unfortunately it wasn't, although my car would have been totally striped, as its been a couple of months since it was stolen.

Although the officer did tell me the cars were found at a property down Curletts Road. So the cars were located somewhere between Villa Maria High School and the Curletts Road overbridge. Apparently some of the cars located on the property were not mobile (ie no wheels) so the likely-hood of some of the shells still being there is probably quite high, as it would have been way too much effort for the police to move 6 cars that are immobile.

I'm pretty keen to contact the police again and actually check out the parts they seized, as I could probably identify most of the parts that were mine.

Hopefully you guys will get some of your stuff back.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was last in Christchurch the cops went to a property on Whites Rd in Ohoka and found 6 stolen cars, the little prick who drives a silver forester said a guy he knows (Who happens to be 15 and stupid) sold them to him, They didn't even charge him with receiving, he's still at it too. Check out Whites rd Ohoka on Google maps, lots of cars there, maybe some of your missing ones are out there?

nzsubaru said:

When I was last in Christchurch the cops went to a property on Whites Rd in Ohoka and found 6 stolen cars, the little prick who drives a silver forester said a guy he knows (Who happens to be 15 and stupid) sold them to him, They didn't even charge him with receiving, he's still at it too. Check out Whites rd Ohoka on Google maps, lots of cars there, maybe some of your missing ones are out there?

Bull shit

I know that guy my self and I buy parts off him

I sold him my wagon over the weekend

don't come on here stirring shit

I'm not stirring, I'm just stating a fact.

If you are buying parts from someone who is known to be involved in stealing cars then all you are doing is supporting the people who steal these cars.

If they don't have customers then they won't steal them. It's the people who will buy these parts that create the market.

nzsubaru said:

I'm not stirring, I'm just stating a fact.

If you are buying parts from someone who is known to be involved in stealing cars then all you are doing is supporting the people who steal these cars.

If they don't have customers then they won't steal them. It's the people who will buy these parts that create the market.

So were did the wagon that your selling get stolen from then?

not stirring, just stating facts ::) ::)

Well actually it isn't, It is an accident damaged car I brought for the wheels.

reg is: BWL690

Why are you defending a car thief?

I have nothing to hide, I get paid by NZ Police to help prevent car theft.

Guest boostcut

i think it must be school holidays again.... nz subaru must be alowed on the internet past his bedtime and has to talk smack to get noticed...

Well if you liason with the nz police how about telling them to stop branding me as a boy racer which entitles them to not give a shit about the theif of my vehicle, I was discussed at the way I was treated by police and the handling of my investigation, I have been patient but with no word on anything in almost 6 months I think that is crap. So since your being paid to help prevent it how about doing something about there attitute towards vicims of these crimes. I understand that this is an ongoing issue around the country but to just ignore you and treat you like trash is a joke. When I did my statement I was treated like an idiot and was not listened to, I had evidence on the suspect that they did not want, the main suspect at the time was called by the police and was treatened about the charges, why? Great work boss of it was him just giving him time to dump it or burn it,

I'm sorry if I have offened anyone with this post but all this time has made me quite bitter on the matter

mattapo said:

some pretty big words man, I have just got off the phone from who you are talking about. your facts are a bit off. he is also a member on here.

and I was texting him.

I hate people that come on and start stirring shit about shit they know nothing about >:(

I say kick him 8)

Yes I agree that it can be a problem sometimes getting some police to treat you with any sort of respect. There are some out there that simply don't care and they are the worst at applying stereotypes to people like the Boy Racer one.

I accept that this can be a problem and as yet there is no definite way to deal with it.

If considering an alarm for your prized possession we have a few suggestions.

1. Don't be cheap, the result is only as good as the effort put into it

2. backup sirens are important, Fit a secondary horn elsewhere on the vehicle where it cannot be seen but can be heard.

3. Unsure you have a good battery back up

4. consider investing in a brake lock. when alarm is activated the first time they push the brake pedal down it will lock and stop the car.

5. Fit Tilt sensors as well as Ultrasonic and Glass break.

6. Systems are available that prevent frameless door windows being pulled out to gain access, these work with the alarm and push the windows up hard into the frame, Not cheap but can be worthwhile.

we will never stop the cars being stolen but if we simply refuse to buy any parts we believe may be stolen and try to protect our vehicles it will hopefully slow things down a bit.

Sounds as though it could be all a mis-understanding. I don't know the guy in question, but if he buys loads of cars for dismantling he could have been honestly caught out by a f**k wit selling him stolen goods. And if he didn't know they were stolen and cooperated with police when it came to light why should he be charged with anything. Could happen to any of us.

I have information on 3 groups/individuals in Christchurch, 1 in Ashburton, 2 in Timaru, 1 In Dunedin, 1 In Gore, 3 in Invercargill. All of these groups have been caught with stolen Subarus and Nissans in some cases also, Unfortunately all of these people seem to have young people willing to take responsibility for the thefts. Some cases we manage to charge the parties with receiving but usually their lawyers (funded by selling stolen parts) get them off most of the charges and claim they didn't know the cars were stolen. If you have a car that would retail for around $10k and you pay it for $1000 and the ignition is broken then it should be obvious that it was not legally obtained.

I have not meant to offend but this is a big issue. I recently had to renew the insurance on my own car (03 BH wagon -NON Turbo) it cost more than twice what it cost last year. Their reasoning was that it is more likely to be stolen now than 12 months ago.

yet you come on here singling out one person that just so happens to be a member on here........ that's kind of like trying to invite vigilante action. Also it just so happens that a year or two ago someone that had a grudge against him tried a similar thing.

nzsubaru said:

I have information on 3 groups/individuals in Christchurch, 1 in Ashburton, 2 in Timaru, 1 In Dunedin, 1 In Gore, 3 in Invercargill. All of these groups have been caught with stolen Subarus and Nissans in some cases also, Unfortunately all of these people seem to have young people willing to take responsibility for the thefts. Some cases we manage to charge the parties with receiving but usually their lawyers (funded by selling stolen parts) get them off most of the charges and claim they didn't know the cars were stolen. If you have a car that would retail for around $10k and you pay it for $1000 and the ignition is broken then it should be obvious that it was not legally obtained.

I have not meant to offend but this is a big issue. I recently had to renew the insurance on my own car (03 BH wagon -NON Turbo) it cost more than twice what it cost last year. Their reasoning was that it is more likely to be stolen now than 12 months ago.

Maybe change insures.

I'm with AMI and they only charged me about $580 a year for my v7 STI and less than $400 for my non-turbo BP5 legacy.

Notwithstanding the information you have, and we do appreciate such information, you might like to temper your accusations as such statements could be seen as defamatory by parties in question. Guilty or not if something cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt they are considered innocent, however much it might hurt us to admit it.

and i had a 5 star mongoose m80 alarm but thats not going to stop them when they force me out of the car is it? So riddle me this nzsubaru do u think that if i had a "better" alarm that the situation would have changed?