Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

neon lights

smokn4

as far as im aware you are no allowed to see the light source so that means you cant mount it with the neon bar visible but the light can stil be visible and they are not allowed to flash or change colours from memory either anyone feel free to correct me if Im wrong

rsb_leggy said:

as far as im aware you are no allowed to see the light source so that means you cant mount it with the neon bar visible but the light can stil be visible and they are not allowed to flash or change colours from memory either anyone feel free to correct me if Im wrong

That and they only belong on gay Honda's...

On a serious note, I think you got it there, but look it up on the WOF schedule online

from my experiance, you are not allowedto have any other lights going on your car ie neons and even those led lights that were cool a few years ago that people had on their dashboards shining out the front of the car, i got pulled up because i had some facing out the rear window of my car, they wern't bright but the cop said something bout them being distracting to drivers etc, also saw something like this on motorway patrol or some other program like that, guy had neons, got pulled up and told they were distracting and had to turn them off.

also if you put red and blue flashing strobes in your grill you get pulled up pretty quick by someone else that has the same mod! lol

but best to check with wof schedule for definate answer

Disruptz said:

I wanted to get a CF CWEST Hood, and put a pink neon or light in the engine bay.

yea at the moment i have a green neon in the engine bay and you can see thru the scoop, i rekn it looks alright.

i have another on the bottom of the radiator that lights up under the motor, again i rekn alright.

will try take a pic and chuck up, for all to judge.

1807572631a10422857000l.jpg1807572631a10422856973l.jpg

nearly a knight rider lookn scoop!

pappu said:

are they legal while parked up only

- no lights on when driving

that is correct

you also can't have the neon visible so i'm not sure if the scoop would be legal but under the car is fine.

I had 4 white neon tubes under my legacy only took a couple of puddles 2 never worked again then i broke one on a speed bump and removed the other as it just looked even more gay with only one going.

I also thought it was cool i got them for $100 back in the day when i bought some fusion speakers.

his unto his own, if you want a hand installing a proper kit yell out.

if i was to do it again i'd get those led ones the water doesn't effect it as much and you can have multiple colors.

Guest keltik

I read the lighting guide in the wof handbook once, It said neons were all gavy as long as you couldnt see the light source from outside of a certain angle. And of course no flashing or color changing

• 3 weeks later...
  • General Member
 keltik said:

I read the lighting guide in the wof handbook once, It said neons were all gavy as long as you couldnt see the light source from outside of a certain angle. And of course no flashing or color changing

But dont be shocked if a cop still tickets you for it.

The guy who brought my Legacy off me did a very well set up (I wont say nice) undercar neon kit. He worked for me at the time so I helped him do it but he still got ticketed.

In the end he came to the conclusion it just wasnt worth the hassle.

He even had it on a switch system for a while but anytime he had it on while driving he got a ticket and Police response was almost always "Try and fight it, good luck to you." From memory I think he even got done while parked up one night.

i bought some silly red varad scanner lights that strobe like the light from knight rider i got x2 for $20.

they can do 7 different actions and are for when the alarm is turned on, I've seen the blue ones but as my cars red i thought why not.

where do you think they should go i've thought behind the grill and one in the back window in front of the brake light.

or in the bin as a waste of time and money ???

WRXER said:

OMG!!!!! BIN IT NOW!!! Lol before u are put before the Rice gods and ur car is then mocked around the world in one of those EPIC FAIL pictures. ;D

;D ;D :D :D rice for the win RFTW

89924301.jpg

they used to be $65 each :D

QRAF']

[quote name='WRXER said:

OMG!!!!! BIN IT NOW!!! Lol before u are put before the Rice gods and ur car is then mocked around the world in one of those EPIC FAIL pictures. ;D

/quote] ;D ;D :D :D rice for the win RFTW

89924301.jpg

they used to be $65 each :D

Haha lol i so wanted 1 to fit to my Black XT6 so wanted to make it look like KITT.

Every one who saw my XT6 kept telling me how it looked like KITT so matching light would help it look more so ;)