Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Should i buy???

ah so you too noticed the swift editing of posts did you BC5RA?

It seems to be a common occurrence with ms CMPLSV. Mainly to save face it seems.

CMPLSV:I only said not to take advice from you, as you have stated on several posts here already that you dont have much technical knowledge.

Hope this clarifies cheers

Shame the RS-R has been butchered.

Either of the WRX's should be a better buy than the RS-R though (if only it was original).

Chances are, no matter which of these three you got, motor would pack a sad not long after...all look to have ben USED, if you know what i mean...

• General Member

As said if your going for anything with high ks buy it and be prepared to spend a bit of cash on a rebuild at some point in the not to distant future. But how you treat it could also have a big bearing on how long until that rebuild.

199X WRX Never been thrashed - Yeah right, good luck imo. (not a dig at any Subis in this thread just generaly my opinion from being a crazy TM lurker)

You might get lucky and find one thats been owned since new (or at least import) by one person and loved but otherwise odds are 99 times out of 100 some ratbags given it a good stiff kick in the accelerator at some point.

Johnnynz said:

As said if your going for anything with high ks buy it and be prepared to spend a bit of cash on a rebuild at some point in the not to distant future. But how you treat it could also have a big bearing on how long until that rebuild.

199X WRX Never been thrashed - Yeah right, good luck imo. (not a dig at any Subis in this thread just generaly my opinion from being a crazy TM lurker)

You might get lucky and find one thats been owned since new (or at least import) by one person and loved but otherwise odds are 99 times out of 100 some ratbags given it a good stiff kick in the accelerator at some point.

]

this could be any car tho.... tiffs evo could hve blown up at any stage..... my car could blow up on the way home - you never know - i mite evn get hit by a bus when i go walking later!!

anything is possible!

Rossmnz is basically right.

As is Johnnynz.

If you don't have at least $10k don't even think about any turbocharged car, let alone a WRX or STI.

These are high maintenance cars that are not cheap to run, regardless of purchase cost.

I would not touch ANY used turbocharged car without a full service history and detailed pre-purchase check.

newsuba said:

Rossmnz is basically right.

As is Johnnynz.

If you don't have at least $10k don't even think about any turbocharged car, let alone a WRX or STI.

These are high maintenance cars that are not cheap to run, regardless of purchase cost.

I would not touch ANY used turbocharged car without a full service history and detailed pre-purchase check.

But this info is far too sensible, and they will probabily buy one anyway :D

newsuba said:

I'm a more discerning buyer than most.

:D

The chances of a $10k or less turbocar NOT having problems is very slim to non-existant.

:P

Yeah like a 10k - 18k Impreza won't run a bearing, or blow a gear cluster etc.

newsuba said:

I'm a more discerning buyer than most.

:D

The chances of a $10k or less turbocar NOT having problems is very slim to non-existant.

:P

I've owned 5 turbo Subarus in the past six years all but one worth less than $10k. The list includes two single turbo Legacys a turbo Forester a twin turbo GTB and most recently a v5 WRX.

All of these cars have been extremely reliable given regular servicing and not redlining every gear change. The worst unscheduled repair being a fuel pump in the GTB.

The biggest thing I look for in a car is weather it has been abused. Admit idly a turbo Subaru (or any other turbo car) has a higher chance of being abused in its lifetime and the risks increase with k's and owners. But the fact is even a Toyota Corolla with one grandma owner could have been thrashed to pieces by a grandson. (maybe even me many years ago)

I personally wouldn't go for the first one as the stereo installation would lead me to believe "rangi" has been tinkering with it, and you don't know what else "rangi" has tried to "fix".

The best second hand cars IMO are ones that have no mods and the owner is a reasonable level headed person. I sometimes like to act like I like burnouts and donuts and the like to see if they agree. If they agree probably not a good car to buy.

My two cents ;D

I used to have a 1996 WRX v-limited, its just a normal non sti wrx, version II. it was a good reliable car and I took it to the drags etc. it did a 13.8 stock standard.

The standard turbo is a TD05H.

I recently picked up a 97 version 3 WRX, to be honest its a bit quicker than that model, thanks to bigger injectors, more boost, VF22 Turbo. I only paid $5261 for it, 136,000ks.

Take advantage of the Recession and find a bargin.

ok

#1 i realise that buying a subi they have ALL been raped

#2 i only have 6500g to spend max i want a turb since i did have a evo i am going to be saving my evo payments to buy sumthing newer in a few months if u can suggest then go a head

#3 thank for all ur comments iv seen the white 1 and yes it is shit lol

and last bt nt least i joined clubsub to meet ppl not post a comment 4 help and cause dramas between ppl half of the comments are bitching on ppl so plz stop.... dont do it on the fourms

thank you

our 95 wrx has done over 200k on original motor. I admit i have given it a dam good thrashing every now and then. to an extent where im not being stupid with it. its had all the mods and running at 1bar(14pound) all the time. it all comes down to servicing really. I always buy top of the line oil and do oil change every 5k and diffs n gearbox every 10k. I also buy oil in bulk and do it all myself so it works out alot cheaper. basic rule of thumb is, keep up the srvicing n it will last alot longer no matter what sort of vehicle it is. (be ware that everyone says they service it everyXXXX ks etc but only probably 1 in every 20 really do. thants what ya have to look for, reciepts and where they get it done. ask the garage if they know the car etc.