Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Avg Ks per tank of gas?

Have Legacy on road after plenty of work to get it running.

I was just wondering what sort of milage ya'll are getting from a full tank of gas, as in when the hand piece stops automaticly.

I'm running 95 and so far i'm at half a tank from 200k

<<for a thread like this can i suggest also noting your tank size, as they differ>>

I've been keeping track of this for curiosities sake so I have a whole lot of data regarding fuel consumption on my 2001 GTB.

I've been a little slack recording what sort of driving I was doing before each fill though but if you're really interested in seeing hard numbers, I can post up the stats for all my fills since November-ish and a brief indication of the type of driving before that fill.

In the meantime, the overall average is 10.8 litres per 100km over the last 10,000kms. That includes driving from Auckland to ChCh and back once, Auckland to Wanganui/Bulls/Marton and back 2-3 times and driving to work and back (Ellerslie into the City) 5 days a week.

Highest reading was 14.7L/100km and the lowest was 8.9 (wasn't a great distance though as it was only 11 litres).

As an anecdote, I went from ChCh to Levin on one tank in mid Jan. I was running late for the ferry so I caned it all the way from the middle of ChCh to Picton and it averaged 9.9L/100km. I was super impressed as I was driving it like I'd stolen it! The rest of the trip back to Auckland (including a stop in Wanganui) averaged 9.3L/100km.

On the road, I figure I'm doing well if every segment on the gas gauge (i.e. 1/6th of a tank) takes me 100km. Around town it tends to be less, on the open road it can be 130-150km particularly for that first segment ;)

BTW: I always run it on BP Ultimate or Mobil Synergy 8000 and aircon would be on 50-60% of the time (more in town then on the open road unless it is a hot sunny day :)

Hope this answers your question.

The average shown on the '05 GTB is 8.6l/100km. That is mostly around town. The lowest I have ever seen it is about 7.8l/100km. It will be slightly skewed by the 1500 odd kms we did at Christmas on the open road. I'm not sure the exact size of the tank in the coupe (40-50 litres?), but I am lucky to get 400km out of a full one.

Guest keltik

600-650km from 50liters doing all open road driving

400-500km around town

3000cc 6 banger non turbo GT wagon

Air con on full auto

5speed manual

True, but some combinations seem far hungrier than others. We had an auto bg tt like the one in arsenal's sig a a few years ago, and found it to be especially thirsty around town. I used to hold ours in third to stop it yoyo'ing between third and fifth in traffic. I reckon that saved a noticeable amount of gas.

funkytown said:

types of cars people.. .some are GTs' some GTB or B4, wrx and sti are all different types of hungry..

450-500km on tank 95

480-580km on tank 98

depended on if i use aircon or not as well and how many log trucks i get stuck behind on the way to work. ;D

in my 97 STI

GC8E2DD said:

True, but some combinations seem far hungrier than others. We had an auto bg tt like the one in arsenal's sig a a few years ago, and found it to be especially thirsty around town. I used to hold ours in third to stop it yoyo'ing between third and fifth in traffic. I reckon that saved a noticeable amount of gas.

oh yer totaly.. its just meaningless with out knowing what car they drive, what octane and what type of driving and aircon used or not.. also manual or auto

just trying to make it constructive

I get 450km to a tank open road driving in my BG5 GTB. Thats about 45-50L of 98. Round town Im lucky to see 350.

But Im pretty sure that the BG5 is the least fuel economic of all the Legacy range, as my other Legacy (BC5) uses less and is actually modified unlike the daily and Ive seen quite a few people with BHs quoting figures in the 9L/100km range, which the BG5 never seems to manage....

Ok then, BG5 GTB, Manual, Single turbo converted using V3 STi parts and ECU. Use ONLY 98.

Get about 12L to 13L per 100K, while driving with no regard for fuel economy whatsoever. So i'm guessing with a 60L tank, that's around 500-450KM's per tank. Mix of suburb and highway driving.