Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

Crank Angle Sensor is under your Alternator, right at the front of the Block.

Main Loom/ECU Plugs are tucked down, just behind the Battery, (orange/white or grey big square plugs)

You can check for Voltage at the Crank Sensor with Ignition on too.

evowrx said:

Swap the crank sensor with the cam sensor and see if it throws a code for cam sensor.

Thought if cam/crank sensor was out there would be no fuel.

:-\ Yeah? Maybe it only cuts Spark? Or QRAF has a slight Fuel Leak somewhere?

Or... Maybe the ECU need\'s 2 Failed Signals in a row from the Crank Sensor (almost 720\') before the CEL trips. So maybe 7 Injector Pulses, under pressure before the CEL trips and Cuts Fuel? Causing the Fuel Smell.

found the fuel smell to be my charcoal filter bolt had come out as i\'ve taken that out.

so had a mate look at it last night with a different sensor no change but it is for an evo

he plugged into my OBD2 plug with his diagnostic tool and it still said only the crank angle sensor tried turning it over and there diff was no spark in the coils ?

SO he said to visit subroo on my lunch break and get another sensor to try and also another computer as i might of fried that fingers crossed not.

i\'m car less so will just be walking around to subroo to annoy them :P

they have some cool stuff down there but you have to go down to see it they should really put more stuff online.

on a side note has anyone laid sound deadening i know a lot of you have removed it but i got 7meters on the way ;) and just wondering if you have any tips like with the heat wrap. ;D

• Admin
 QRAF said:

i\'m car less so will just be walking around to subroo to annoy them :P

they have some cool stuff down there but you have to go down to see it they should really put more stuff online.

on a side note has anyone laid sound deadening i know a lot of you have removed it but i got 7meters on the way ;) and just wondering if you have any tips like with the heat wrap. ;D

What sort of deadening?

A small roller is really good for getting it to lay down nicely.

And get a bunch of disposable box cutters as it will ruin whatever knife you\'re cutting it up with.

And wear work gloves if it\'s foil backed, it\'s slicey stuff when you cut it.\'

Oh and don\'t worry about getting it right into the corners etc, the panels are pretty stiff around the edges anyway.

Cool so your Sensor is good. Next check the contacts inside the Loom Plug and make sure they\'re clean.

Then with Ignition on, check Resistance of both Loom Plug Terminals.

Edit: Test Resistance of Plug Contact\'s by Earthing onto Engine.

what the deal with stripping interiors from cars still? plan to rollcage out my VX4 (awd 4g63 non turbo vr4 basicly) Can u still remove interior, except dash and front seats/front door cards and just change your rego to a 2 seater still? and fill the old holes? or have they stoped that?

• Guest locked this topic