Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

tydon said:
so today i pulled my motor out again. and i turned it over with a socket and heard some sloshing noises i kept winding it over and fuel started coming out everywhere... out of the back of the turbo out of spark plug holes and out of the breathers.. i took the intake off and there was fuel right upto the top of the ports on the head... i whipped the heads off and fuel was coming out of there to..

Sounds like your injectors were on happy mode, and you sparkplugs weren't invited to the party.

I have never before heard of a flooding of such a degree.

wrx_lou said:
Do I need to do an oil change after using upper engine cleaner?

And will it clean my IACV alright or should I still remove that and give it a clean with something else?

No oil change needed after using Upper Cylinder Cleaner.

What car do you have? I always pull off the hose the goes to my IACV (V3 WRX) and put a few good squirts down.

The IACV you can pull out and un-gunk it, it's worth doing for the 5 mins effort it takes

Regarding tydons car - wtf is going on there?? Def drop the oil but thats super rando for it to dump that much fuel, even just the physical time it takes an injector to move that much fuel you must have been cranking this thing for an hour straight, unless you've managed to confuse a breather hose with a fuel hose or something

Marky said:
The IACV you can pull out and un-gunk it, it's worth doing for the 5 mins effort it takes

Regarding tydons car - wtf is going on there?? Def drop the oil but thats super rando for it to dump that much fuel, even just the physical time it takes an injector to move that much fuel you must have been cranking this thing for an hour straight, unless you've managed to confuse a breather hose with a fuel hose or something

honestly I dunno ae it was super random never flooded a motor before especially this bad it was ridiculous I filled up to $20 petrol containers and spilt a **** load on the garage floor

So I've just finished looking over the single turbo conversion thread again (where I first read about the need for intercooler brackets), and I see

"If you get an STi intercooler with your y pipe, you need to find a V3/4 intercooler bracket, they are damn hard to find!"

Does this mean that if I were to go to a v3/4 STi top mount I WOULD need the brackets, and if I went to a V3/4 WRX (Black "JDM one") top mount I WOULDN'T?

This will be going on a TT setup so may not even matter, and when changed the turbo to intercooler pipes will be changed to silicone so could be lengthened/ shortened if they needed to be.

Skatieguy said:
So I've just finished looking over the single turbo conversion thread again (where I first read about the need for intercooler brackets), and I see

"If you get an STi intercooler with your y pipe, you need to find a V3/4 intercooler bracket, they are damn hard to find!"

Does this mean that if I were to go to a v3/4 STi top mount I WOULD need the brackets, and if I went to a V3/4 WRX (Black "JDM one") top mount I WOULDN'T?

This will be going on a TT setup so may not even matter, and when changed the turbo to intercooler pipes will be changed to silicone so could be lengthened/ shortened if they needed to be.

so he's saying if you change to a different TMIC; you will want different brackets, as they are bigger TMIC's if you're staying with the standard TMIC currently on your car, just putting the Y-pipe on: You'll be fine.

94 Leone said:
so he's saying if you change to a different TMIC; you will want different brackets, as they are bigger TMIC's if you're staying with the standard TMIC currently on your car, just putting the Y-pipe on: You'll be fine.

Cheers. Thought that would be the case but wanted to make 100% sure before shelling out for the brackets.

Ok, so on the way to work I ran over some glass, haven't been able to check if it has gone flat yet. My spare is a 15" and the std wheels are 16". I have read that I would need to put it in FWD mode to avoid damage to the diffs. From what I have read you put a fuse in to put into FWD mode, is there a spare fuse for this and is it marked? also would it make a difference if the flat was at the front vs rear?

SpeedySub said:
Ok, so on the way to work I ran over some glass, haven't been able to check if it has gone flat yet. My spare is a 15" and the std wheels are 16". I have read that I would need to put it in FWD mode to avoid damage to the diffs. From what I have read you put a fuse in to put into FWD mode, is there a spare fuse for this and is it marked? also would it make a difference if the flat was at the front vs rear?

You MUST put the spare wheel on the BACK of the vehicle and have full size wheels up front. As for the FWD switch/fuse - i never once pulled it on either of my legacys or my step mums outback.

• Guest locked this topic