Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

The Rookie said:
This is probably a really dumb question, but when you do an oil change should you change the oil filter aswell??

The filter holds about 250 mls of oil..

If you don't change it then that oil which is 5000k's old will be mixed with the fresh oil you put in..

Not a great result..

For starters they are fog lights and can only be legally used in the fog, they also have to be adjusted to a 3.5% down angle

driving lights have to be mounted within 50mm of the headlight centre line to be able to be used on the road UNLESS factory fitted

Those grills will limit the light output no matter what

I would look for a set of STi HID headlights and fit them to improve your lights

or fit a set or "rally" style driving lights but this means you will have GREAT lights on full but next to nothing on dip.

Here are the upgrades I have found to work with existing setups,

1/ Most modern cars have a plastic headlight so increasing the wattage does damage ( extra heat causes it to melt) so fit ULTRA or what have you same wattage bulbs will give you a whiter light but not a lot more ( i have done this with my hilux and have gained no LIGHT out put but have a Better light)

2/ rewire your existing headlights using larger wires and separate relays ( or you can buy setups that do this) This has been the greatest upgrade to my headlights on every vehicle i have owned ( going from a '56 morris, thru various subarus to my current 05 hilux)

3/fit after market driving lights for the extra long distance on the open highway but you can only fit one set without doing some tricky wiring as you are only aloud 4 headlights and 2 foglights at anyone time.

86 Leone with spotlights

photo.JPG

My landcruiser which has the best headlights you can get, I upgraded the wiring, fitted aftermarket 7" headlights (steel backed) so I could run 130/90 in them, then I fitted a set of spot lights and were running 130 bulbs in them and also a set of foglights running 130 bulbs in them, so awesome :)

2010-11-16%2B16.07.34.jpg

'90 Legacy with uprated wiring and driving lights ( still really poo's on dip)

P1000131.JPG

Does anyone know off-hand what the rear BP5 rotor diameter is? I have some BP5 callipers here, was supplied with rotors that are the exact same diameter as my BD5 ones, and the brake pads stick out a few mm. So no doubt the incorrect diameter.

Edit: Okay seems to be 260mm currently and 274mm is what's supposed to be used.

Edited by Skatieguy

Why don't you instead get a muffler which isn't a megaphone

If it's restricting it enough to drop boost that much it'll likely be making it ping like a pingy thing

Actually that might be why the boost gets dropped to gate pressure as opposed to just a couple psi. It can't sense exhaust backpressure but it can measure knock, and that's probably the only time it'll pull boost without throwing a fault code

jmz']Here's a dumb question:

https://imgur.com/9ZNYEdX

Is this clamped remotely properly? I was thinking I had a boost leak, and went hunting. Smoking gun?

[quote name='jmz said:

The second dumb question is: if so, should I refit that clamp over the compressed area, and how tight?

Yeahh I'd put that clamp back in place and give it a nice tighten.

• Guest locked this topic