Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dumb Question Thread!

Jambun

May have put the engine back in with the only finger tight after centering disk .

Symptoms of this include the clutch pedal feeling so light you try bleed it . And when youare trying to tq the crank pulley bolt the brand new clutch slips at 100nm

lachlan said:
May have put the engine back in with the only finger tight after centering disk .

Symptoms of this include the clutch pedal feeling so light you try bleed it . And when youare trying to tq the crank pulley bolt the brand new clutch slips at 100nm

Noob.

Pretty sure its doable thro inspection hole. May be able to get in there underneath if you didnt fit the cover.

So driving home today while it was wet i took a corner slightly fast and the rear end stepped out like i was on ice...Its been doing it for a while. I usually get understeer entering the corner and once the front grips the rear steps out. Do i just need to stiffen up the rear end or is the front end too loose? Any ideas on what it could be?

boyracer693 said:
So driving home today while it was wet i took a corner slightly fast and the rear end stepped out like i was on ice...Its been doing it for a while. I usually get understeer entering the corner and once the front grips the rear steps out. Do i just need to stiffen up the rear end or is the front end too loose? Any ideas on what it could be?

Open ended question. Do you have dccd, ****ty tyres or ****ty suspension?

In stock form they normally bulldoze like fck.

evowrx said:

No DCCD, Tyres on rear are Blacklions and Fronts are some tyre i got new a few months ago. Stock Suspension

what do you mean by bulldoze?

evowrx said:
Get decent tyres then see how you go.

By bulldoze i mean the front doesnt grip so arse doesnt step out it just follows the front off the outside of the corner.

Man im supposed to be saving for a trip to Thailand but WRX is life!

Makes sence. Only does it in the wet. Dont get me wrong its fun but catches me by surprise sometimes

evowrx said:

my legacy bulldozed, My wrx however steps out the rear.

Think it's the weight difference with the wagon having more even weight on front and rear axles, whereas the sedan probably has a fair bit less on the back, so it becomes the path of least resistance.

then again that's BH vs GC. and his is a GD so may not be a totally fair comparison.

94 Leone said:
my legacy bulldozed, My wrx however steps out the rear.

Think it's the weight difference with the wagon having more even weight on front and rear axles, whereas the sedan probably has a fair bit less on the back, so it becomes the path of least resistance.

then again that's BH vs GC. and his is a GD so may not be a totally fair comparison.

Yeah ive got the GGA Wagon. Feels real wierd that it just slips out with no effort at all

boyracer693 said:

Soften the rear end to help prevent it stepping out.

Removing rear swaybar would help prevent it stepping out.

But the **** rear tyres and new front tyre imbalance is the main problem.

You should have all 4 tyres within 5 percent tread depth,and matching tread pattern... Get the best you can afford, that will make a huge difference.

The gga will understeer a lot.

May be worth looking in to swapping in alloy control arms, made the front end of my GGB turn in slightly better

Gaaay . Cheers for that .

What is the front sun roof meant to do on a bg5a ?the rear one pops up and down with the up n down switch . Also sinks in and opens n closes with the switch . Is the front one meant to pop up aswell ? It currently does nothing

boyracer693 said:
Is anyone able to show me where the factory WRX HID Ballast bolts up to? I remember it was behind the front bumper somewhere but i want to be 100% sure when i get onto it. This is what my one looks like

20160104_175343_zpswdowrztx.jpg[/url]

For what car? I'll be taking my Version 8 headlights out to get worked on in a few days time and can take photos.

• Guest locked this topic