Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

pink sticker issues can somebody in the know please explain to me a few things

gtlegacy

okay am fixing a car for my mate to get pink sticker off because hes in ozzy

ive fixed everything else

the car has a 4bolt motor with 8 bolt gearbox inspector says i need bellhousing bolts whats the go there?

also the starter is from 8 bolt so only held by 1 bolt as thats all thats there to hold it in

no way you can drill and tap a few more bolt holes into the motor to match the gearbox?

not sure if it is possible, never know

-smurff

wouldnt think so.

i would think that it would need to have all 8 bolts or a 4 bolt to 8 bolt adaptor for the integrity of the connection.

-smurff

yea thing is im fixing it for a mate who sold the car to another guy who went and got the vtnz test because it got pink stickered and with the starter is there anyway to get around it?

at the moment its only bolted in by one bolt as there is no other way to do it

you can unwind that stud, and use a normal long bolt like the rest of the bellhousing. so it has 2x bolts. Thats how the 6mts ones are.

clamp onto it with some pliers and go for it :) its a two sided thread stud thingy (read: oober 1337 terminology).

ill try chnage th stud over and ill just have to tell them what motor is in it and why and see what happens from there i cant do anything else really unless i get another gearbox which is just plain stupid in my opinion

That sound like he came across an over zelious tardo that dont know shit. first of all go into them and explain that you cant fit more due to the fact the earlier block only takes 4 from factory. explain that any car would pass cert like that, go speak to wayne martin, even just give him a call. or just glue bolst in there or tap the holes and put bolts in, thats what i was going to do for the second starter motor hole, and enlarge the hole for the bolt to go through on the starter

yeah I think the certifier may need to upskill a bit BUT saying that engine-gearbox connection is supposed to have all bolts fitted,ie NO EMPTY HOLES.... maybe something that will come up more and more.....

could also cut pieces of alloy bar of and fill the extra holes and tell him they are locating dowels....

I believe it was for VIN stamp alteration probable ??? but it was just confusion between the last car and this car as he painted this one black and the running geaer from old car went into it but the tags an everything werent touched there was no reason to as the car already had a rego etc etc

also the airbag light was on

• 1 month later...

carefully remove the extra bolt holes off the 6MT or late model 5MT, die grind back to the housing. if done well you cant even see the marks. no bolt holes so nothing can be fitted.How else can you bolt a modern 5sp or 6MT to a closed decker.??

sounds like an inspector with anal retentive issues!

OEM gearbox so whats the issue?

Cars built up with OEM parts don"t even need a cert,,, Unless it produces more than 20% more power than the original.

issue has been resolved all i had to do was make a spigot so the starter was held in place with one bolt and to locate it with the spigot and where did you get 6mt from its a b4? and its not closed deck but thanks

did you end up getting it from vtnz ? i didn't think certifiers were able to remove stickers.

i remember when you could get the stickers taken off at any wof place :D the good o'l days.

if they can wayne's the guy to go to hes a good bastard. his son (ben) does good paint jobs to for a good price in his dads workshop