Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

200,000 kms - Who's made it?

rex-leggy']

[quote name='Timmah said:

I'm at 131,800k. Org motor! With me driving it, should last to 200k with the b]worlds worst Piston Slap when cold[/b]

youll have to have a listen to mine sometime :D

i got 170xxx ish before it let go ...... 96 twin turbo.

so far over 20xxx on a motor ive built and hasn't been babied alot

That's a good 4 years away for me. Better start saving :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

203,000km at last wof - BC5 rally car. Now about to get its 7th engine since I bought it 2 years ago. Still running original sun visors, whats left of the front door cards and dashboard, everything else has been replaced at least once.

Dv8er - FSTWRX said:
Not a Subaru but my Hilux is at 425,000kms, engine replaced 20,000kms ago. As far as I know it was the original engine that did the whole 405,000kms. Was the 22re 2.4 petrol fwiw.

My Subaru is at 125,000kms and on it's 5th engine.

Engine 3 for me in wrx at 125,000kms so not quite as bad!

My last 4age had 400,000kms on it too, orig engine, was using a bit of oil. when i stopped topping it up, it stopped using it (funny that!). gbox would have been still going too if i hadn't blown it up reversing at speed and slamming it into first at redline. go the 400k toyotas

sultan']

[quote name='Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

Not a Subaru but my Hilux is at 425,000kms, engine replaced 20,000kms ago. As far as I know it was the original engine that did the whole 405,000kms. Was the 22re 2.4 petrol fwiw.

My Subaru is at 125,000kms and on it's 5th engine./quote]

Engine 3 for me in wrx at 125,000kms so not quite as bad!

My last 4age had 400,000kms on it too, orig engine, was using a bit of oil. when i stopped topping it up, it stopped using it (funny that!). gbox would have been still going too if i hadn't blown it up reversing at speed and slamming it into first at redline. go the 400k toyotas

yea toyotas last forever seen a 400,000 car before as well may still be goin to this day as well

• 3 weeks later...

93 legacy gt tt, did 204,000km on original engine then went to do cambelt and found out i had endfloat fffffuuuuuu

and bearings on mains and bigends looked like they were due to go bang

so rebuild+ST conversion time as funds permit.

just needing exhaust mani/uppipe/downpipe/xmember/boost solenoid for the conversion

and bearings/seals/gaskets for the rebuild lol

just got an update from my olds... my 2nd car, now the families car

1986 honda aerodek (ca3 chassis) 435,000 original engine. auto.

its just developed rust issues and an oil leak...

front end is almost identical to an ae86 trueno.

was running sweet as a nut when i had it...

now the olds are driving it, it hasnt had an oil change in 60k. *shakes head*

ben-jamminn said:

Just did my regular 5000km oil change today at 193,000kms, made me think, I only have 7000 kms til I hit the 200,000 mark, and in turn, a big service (cam belt, water pump, seals etc)

just wondering who else is running high kms in their cars, post your car type, kms and if you are still on the original engine ;D

lol ok ok ok your 200,00 service of cam belt, water pump, seals and a list longer then you really want to know should of been done at 110,00 115,00 on your wheels... please ppl of this club agree with me

1W9R9X6']

[quote name='ben-jamminn said:

Just did my regular 5000km oil change today at 193,000kms, made me think, I only have 7000 kms til I hit the 200,000 mark, and in turn, a big service (cam belt, water pump, seals etc)

just wondering who else is running high kms in their cars, post your car type, kms and if you are still on the original engine ;D

/quote]

lol ok ok ok your 200,00 service of cam belt, water pump, seals and a list longer then you really want to know should of been done at 110,00 115,00 on your wheels... please ppl of this club agree with me

It was.... cambelt seals water pump etc was done at 104,000 by the previous owner, it's just coming up to be due again.

bought my old car at 72km, sold it at about 214km after 5 years of my abuse lol

everything motor wise was factory apart from pod filter and 3 years ago the coil in the distributer went, thats it

1996 lancer 4g15 engine