Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

matdaymon said:

Alrighty, Looks like I'm moving to Albany in the near future which will be sweet! Downside is that there isn't a garage at the new place so I'm thinking about getting different insurance. Currently I'm stuck with 3rd Party with NAC but I want to upgrade to Fire and Theft also (which NAC don't offer).Anyone have any ideas on which companies offer 3rd Party Fire and Theft coverage to under 25's with turbo'd cars? (can't be arsed trawling through 19pages of this thread to see what others think) Any help appreciated

Call CLIC. They just changed my insurance for the Impreza (full cover, glass cover, etc etc, insured for $13,000) from $98 a month to $76 a month ;D GOOD buggers. My Legacy is with them too - Third Party, Fire, Theft and Innocent Party Protection. Had no problems so far, and they actually have the courtesy to call you when your insurance is due to renew. Unlike NAC. (Who are okay at paying out or dealing with claims from any party)

Also: IMPORTANT. When you say you want to cancel your policy with NAC, make sure you repeat it very clearly (and I mean this seriously). They seem to have a daft policy whereby they need to hear you confirm at least twice that you want them to get f**ked, or they will continue to charge you >:( I didn't happen to reiterate that after they accidentally cancelled my Impreza's policy, failed to notify me, then completely failed at customer service, I wanted to cancel my policy after moving to CLIC...and kept sending me rude letters about non-payment. Lots of yelling on my behalf was the only way to get through to them.

TL;DR: Call CLIC. And remember to chant at NAC that you want to quit. :P

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah cool, cheers Amy, whats the damage for the Legacy at 3rd party F&F? Will still stay with NAC probably for the death machine seeing its only $25 a month comprehensive coverage and I've already had good dealings with NAC on the payout side (thank you Mr Tairua Tree) But I'll definitely feel better if the DeFoz has theft coverage again since it'll be sitting around not moving most of the time...

I think I'm paying $640 a year for her (not cheap!), so around $40 a month. But the cover I chose is pretty much full cover in a cardboard box and a few small bits missing instead of the silver platter the Impreza's on. I have her for $2000 value IIRC as she's a dirtbag and no one will steal her anyway (and she has no alarm).

Speaking of alarms. Hey Committee, what am I meant to be doing about my AVS? :-[

I worked for NZI/IAG/Lantern/Drive Right/NAC/State ect (all under the IAG Brand), my ex girlfriend worked their too, her R33GTR cost $7.50 a month ($89.01 a year + 300XS) 22yr old Full licence.

Because im moving into the brokerage side of things, might be able to hook you up with cheap insurance, possibly. Il keep yas informed (For the chch folk)

Divine said:

I worked for NZI/IAG/Lantern/Drive Right/NAC/State ect (all under the IAG Brand), my ex girlfriend worked their too, her R33GTR cost $7.50 a month ($89.01 a year + 300XS) 22yr old Full licence.

Because im moving into the brokerage side of things, might be able to hook you up with cheap insurance, possibly. Il keep yas informed (For the chch folk)

I'll give you $200 cash for a year's comprehensive cover :P

Your generally all good if you have a 3/4/5 star alarm fitted. Dont mention underage drivers, as some companies will charge a higher premium for a lower excess. I know this is the case at State.

Or insure it through Lantern Insurance, they dont care if its turbo/2000cc, as when I worked there we loaded every vehicle as 2000cc, Hell even RX7's were loaded as Conventional engines at 2000cc (Rotary/Rotangalangs was a engine option).

At least get a quote, through Smalls Farm outside of Auckland.

Yeah I plan on shopping around, will look at all those companies. Been with state before and didn't particularly enjoy being with them (was expensive as hell to insure my 1500cc Nissan Pulsar 3rd party F&F i.e mre than it cost with NAC for comprehensive for the Foz). Cheers for all the help guys

Also worth noting for non-Aucklanders. We seem to be charged through the nose three times over for even thinking of having a car up here... I think that discussion was had further back in this thread.

No crime in Queenstown (apparently)

And a Subaru SVX is deemed as high risk vehicle than a WRX, and there is no difference between a WRX and a WRX STI in their eyes.

If its a Laurel, all they ask is "Is it a C33?"

Legacy - "Is it a B4?" (I think they ask if its a RS as well now)

And any vehicle that has a 'Type 'R in its name (be it Hondas or whatever) is deemed high risk. (Lucky for me on carjam it doesn't say VZ Type R, just VZ.

i've been with NAC and now with ClubAuto. NAC is more expensive. Haven't had to claim on either so don't know about that aspect.

Excessively modified wrx. Think I pay $1200/yr, valued at 15k. And i've had a few license losses in my youth too, so it's pretty good value I think. Any other company would just laugh until passing out.

sultan said:

i've been with NAC and now with ClubAuto. NAC is more expensive. Haven't had to claim on either so don't know about that aspect.

Excessively modified wrx. Think I pay $1200/yr, valued at 15k. And i've had a few license losses in my youth too, so it's pretty good value I think. Any other company would just laugh until passing out.

SBS underwritten by Lumley. $540 a year. $250 excess. All mods insured. Covered for $12.5k agreed.

GTB is the same with my partner as a listed driver. Wasnt this cheap in Queenstown when i lived there but I have home and contents package with them too.

I know that if you have a insurance policiy underwritten by NZI, you should have a no claims bonus of 66% (Grade A) + 10% for multi policy discount +5% for 3/4/5 star alarm system/mobiliser.

I remember one guy rang me up asking if he could have a discount because he had a radar detector, shit was so cash (lol)

funkytown said:

still keen to hear from you divine based on our PM.

what deal are you working out mate, he promised me full cover for $200 a year! :P

jake_the_muss']

[quote name='funkytown said:

still keen to hear from you divine based on our PM.

/quote]

what deal are you working out mate, he promised me full cover to $200 a year! :P

hehe its in the pipeline as he posted ;)

your getting ripped.. ;D