• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Insurance Thread 2.0

Shale

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was originally with NAC, paying 2.3k a year for full insurance (im 17 with an sti), but just changed to club auto, 600$ cheaper a year, down to 1.7k. which for me, on minimum wage basically working one day a week is a HUGE chunk, but its the price of having a nice car, so all good.

one day a week on minimum wage? That's like $80 a day after tax times 52 weeks, You earn around 4200 a year... and you spend nearly half on car insurance? :o My guess is the other half is petrol, rego and wofs :P

subiesti said:

i must be bloody lucky $500 a year on my 2005 v10 sti with NZI aliance brokers insurance they do all the farm stuff which costs over $20,000 a year just for machinery dunno about sheds and workshops 8)

For comprehehnsive? :o

aim said:

one day a week on minimum wage? That's like $80 a day after tax times 52 weeks, You earn around 4200 a year... and you spend nearly half on car insurance? :o My guess is the other half is petrol, rego and wofs :P

hahah yup that sums up my finances well. love it

aim']

[quote name='subiesti said:

i must be bloody lucky $500 a year on my 2005 v10 sti with NZI aliance brokers insurance they do all the farm stuff which costs over $20,000 a year just for machinery dunno about sheds and workshops 8)

/quote]

For comprehehnsive? :o

full comprehensive insurance

• 1 month later...

I am in a similar boat as above.

21 Year old with full insurance on a V4 STI RA and it is costing me $780 a year.

Thats through parents company who use a broker and would pay in excess of $100k a year in insurance.

Think the insurance company is Allianz

subiv5 said:

I am in a similar boat as above.

21 Year old with full insurance on a V4 STI RA and it is costing me $780 a year.

Thats through parents company who use a broker and would pay in excess of $100k a year in insurance.

Think the insurance company is Allianz

yea mate same deal with my v7 sti, $750 excess. im 20

thru my parents which is mean

medial assurance is the company.

How's this for insurance wankery.

Seen those dopey Cluauto ads on TV ?

I went to their website and got a pretty decent quote, better than my greedy broker !

Now Clubauto are underwritten by Tower, so I went straight to the source, cutting out the middle man.

Filled in the online quote request and up flashes a warning box,

"The vehicle that you have selected is uninsurable".

WTF ????

:P

newsuba said:

I went to their website and got a pretty decent quote, better than my greedy broker !

Now Clubauto are underwritten by Tower, so I went straight to the source, cutting out the middle man.

WTF ????

Same deal with NAC / State and CLIC / AMI though. But yeah, kinda dumb

Guest dcornie
 MercuryFree']

[quote name='newsuba said:

WTF ????

/quote]

Same deal with NAC / State and CLIC / AMI though. But yeah, kinda dumb

stupid part is my car is insured with nzi and it is cheaper than the price from nac, and nac's underwriter is iag which is nzi and state. mind you i went thru a broker

Just changed all our insurances over to "ASB" a.k.a "IAG" which owns State etc (as already stated).

Payments went from $40 per fortnight to $20 per fortnight (V3 STi Wagon) and the excess was down to $300 from $1500 from State (after I have had AVS S-5 installed)...

All the other insurances were cheaper too... go figure?

Kinda larger place to find savings in your weekly/fortnightly savings the insurance, pays to shop around!

Hell, I wouldnt touch AMI, i checked them out b4 I got the WRX, they wanted $1300 + for a stock standard wrx, they wouldnt touch it if it didnt have an immobilizer installed .... BUUUUT they would do me a deal if I was prepared to take out our house and blah blah blah insurance with them! I ended up with insurance thru AA for just over 500.

aim']

[quote name='555v7sti said:

medial assurance is the company.

/quote]

Best company ever mate. They nearly always pay out too :)

yea bro. best one out there IMO. yeah they r real gud

• 2 months later...

Alrighty, Looks like I'm moving to Albany in the near future which will be sweet! Downside is that there isn't a garage at the new place so I'm thinking about getting different insurance. Currently I'm stuck with 3rd Party with NAC but I want to upgrade to Fire and Theft also (which NAC don't offer).Anyone have any ideas on which companies offer 3rd Party Fire and Theft coverage to under 25's with turbo'd cars? (can't be arsed trawling through 19pages of this thread to see what others think) Any help appreciated