• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ride upgrade or not????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• General Member

I brought myself a 2001 Altezza to replace my 1998 WRX as my daily.

At first I hated it, it was "slow" and I hated it... Now about 3 months later I much prefer it for day to day driving. Its warm, comfortable, everything on it works (heater, demister etc) and I can now easily do Palmerston North to TGA without a stop and be pretty fresh at the end of it.

The WRX Is an amazing car, but as a daily the Altezza spanks it tbh.

V7 Wrx auto

Now that's an all rounder daily

Nice and comfy and very good on gas for the performance

Overtakes altezaz very easily ;)

My close mate had a v7 Wrx auto and I have used I a lot and it's really nice

In fact better than my altezaz (lol used To have that for a while as well)

In fact better than the current mazda6 we have

Well not better on gas lol but in every other way I Wud say

Lol

Why we comparing dailys anyway

Haha my current one is a Nissan pulsar 1994

Makes a lot of noise and moves slowly lol and has very little style point

Lol

• General Member
 pappu said:

V7 Wrx auto

Now that's an all rounder daily

Nice and comfy and very good on gas for the performance

Overtakes altezaz very easily ;)

My close mate had a v7 Wrx auto and I have used I a lot and it's really nice

In fact better than my altezaz (lol used To have that for a while as well)

In fact better than the current mazda6 we have

Well not better on gas lol but in every other way I Wud say

Lol

Why we comparing dailys anyway

Haha my current one is a Nissan pulsar 1994

Makes a lot of noise and moves slowly lol and has very little style point

Lol

Ha ha I was more comparing the upgrade in years from 1998 to 2001. Not a big leap but tbh the difference between a 1998 with 180 odd thou and a 2001 with less than 100 thou was VERY noticeable.

And tbh I dont mind the Altezzas power anymore aye, no doubt any turbo s***s all over it. But even with the triptronic the 3GSE is a nice gutsy engine. Throw it down a gear, and it really hauls and passes almost as well as the WRX.

Wouldn't touch the 6 cyl if you paid me after comparing the 2 engines however.

i went from v5ra to a v4r.. i missed the extra doors, the v5 was way faster and cheaper to run ( cause it was tuned)

the v4r was good on gas until i upgraded the engine to a ver8sti... somehow it cost more to run? think my right foot is heavier?

its also my daily driven car... doing average 500km a week... most i ever done was just over 1000 a week

X said:

i went from v5ra to a v4r.. i missed the extra doors, the v5 was way faster and cheaper to run ( cause it was tuned)

the v4r was good on gas until i upgraded the engine to a ver8sti... somehow it cost more to run? think my right foot is heavier?

its also my daily driven car... doing average 500km a week... most i ever done was just over 1000 a week

And I feel driving 150 K a week (or $50 in petrol) was bad!

• General Member

I really wanted a Malloo ute, but the initial outlay and the running costs were not good ha ha.

Between work travel and my own travel I usually rack up between 800-1600kms a week, so a 2l with a little balls satisfied work (who pay for the gas) and me for when I decide to go away for the weekend.

Plus if im feeling adventurous I still have my WRX ha ha

• Admin

Went from a 1996 WRX wagon to a 2001 STI sedan.

I miss the practicality of the wagon, and that it wasn't pristine so I wasn't completely anal about it not getting scratched/dinged/whatever. Nothing on it DIDN'T work either, but the STI is just a much nicer car, even though it now has very firm suspension and a fairly loud exhaust. I just enjoy driving it more, and at the end of the day it's what puts a smile on your dial.

sultan']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

but wanted to stay no bigger than 2l

/quote]

hehe i'm in the process of upgrading from 3.8L to 5.7L. big is good!

Already run the 5.7 L expect issues from holden as their build quality is not as good as I expected,never anything major(well except for the ABS module, which seems to be common) just little things that piss you off...

I went from a 91 Legacy (VZ-R) to a 97 Legacy (RS-B), and the thing I miss the most is that in the 91 Legacy, you could still wind up the windows for a short period of time after the engine and electrics were turned off, in the 97 you can't do this :(

boon said:

Went from a 1996 WRX wagon to a 2001 STI sedan.

I miss the practicality of the wagon, and that it wasn't pristine so I wasn't completely anal about it not getting scratched/dinged/whatever. Nothing on it DIDN'T work either, but the STI is just a much nicer car, even though it now has very firm suspension and a fairly loud exhaust. I just enjoy driving it more, and at the end of the day it's what puts a smile on your dial.

THIIIIS THIIIIS ONE THOUSAND TIMES THIIIIIS.

I did the same except add a year to each of the cars.

SEW PRETTY.

The wagon being lighter is a bit more fun to scoot around corners in though.

When from ' V9 STi , to a '10 civic (auto) and now looking at a Landcruiser/prado.

I would of hated the V9 in brissy rush hour. And alot of the country roads are just to harsh for the suspension.

The V9 wasnt to bad on gas, but the civic you can use 91 or E10 if you so choose, which makes is so much easier and cheaper to run. Plus Civic was brand new.

Went from a 95 BG5 GT Wagon to a 98 V4 JDM WRX..

Not much of a leap in age, but besides now having a airbag steering wheel - my BG5 was higher spec'd, being a RFRB model with heated side mirrors, dual sunroof etc.

In saying this, I'm currently daily driving a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander.. The 2.4L 4C isn't too bad, but the CVT gearbox really does drain any power it makes and makes it difficult to pass, unless you use the tiptronic (crazy with a CVT).. On a positive note, parking sensors make it heaps easier to judge parking distances (even though 'company cars don't rust') and the added boot space is handy for moving stuff (such as a 1.8T long block and gearbox from my mrs' GTi Golf).

Can't wait for them to fill the other role (similar to mine), so I can pass on the Outlander and order my brand spanking XR6 :D

Before I owned the gc8 before the current v7 sti I came from a soarer with a 1 jz in it pretty much no lag in that thing was instant power 270kw at the wheels to whatever the gc8 was ,was a big change still pine for my old car but along came kids and 2 doors went out the window

Johnnynz said:

I brought myself a 2001 Altezza to replace my 1998 WRX as my daily.

At first I hated it, it was "slow" and I hated it... Now about 3 months later I much prefer it for day to day driving. Its warm, comfortable, everything on it works (heater, demister etc) and I can now easily do Palmerston North to TGA without a stop and be pretty fresh at the end of it.

The WRX Is an amazing car, but as a daily the Altezza spanks it tbh.

lmao

ifully dont agree with you

good reliable cars yes,

but the bigest sloopyest pos ever to be onest.

no offence to you.

i use my sti as a daily and its mint.no too bad on gas etha.and hey how many sti's do you see being used as dailys?not many?

as for altezza.well i dont needa say much lol

• General Member

Lol as stated I have a WRX as well... Do the KMs I do in both and I guarantee you would agree with me.

And in all honesty I think I have the nicest sounding Altezza with no engine mods.Whoever built the exhaust did an awesome job, no tinny sound at all.