Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

NEW Road Rules from March 25th

Joker

WRXER']

[quote name='Johnnynz said:

I thin small towns will be the worst. In a bigger city the rules make sense and people will catch on quick I think. In smaller towns it really wont affect much and people wont change.

/quote]

From my experiences here in South Aux, people struggle to understand the basics such as red lights mean stop, what indicating is let alone even bother to indicate, and merging doesn't mean u hog both lanes til it merges.......I somehow doubt alot of people will get this simple rule change.

But personally best rule change, bout time we caught up with the rest of the world. It makes such simple sense..... It was experimented in OZ for a few months god knows how many years ago so NZ followed suit, unfortunately we never got rid of the rule.

Oh and P.S every day no-one around here understands what a cycleway is...Screw being a cyclist round here lol despite being a whole road to drive on lol they always drive in the cycle lane. ::)

mate thats why 90% of auckland cars have dents an scuff marks and to top it off dont know how to open a door properly which slams into the car parked next to it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newsuba said:

All pretty straight forward.

It would be a good time to reinforce lane discipline, too many plonkers veer into the wrong lane when turning into multi-lane roads.

Yup

In CHCH they are shocking, The worst places for that here is:

Durham St turning left into Moorhouse Ave heading towards Colombo ave

Moorhouse Ave turning left/Right into Madras Street

Moorhouse Ave turning left into Barbadoes Street (And FFS they have and added dedicated lane for 200m and they still shoot across traffic and stop and do all sorts of stupid sh1t)...

There are a few more but cant think of the road names

And maybe enforce the red light running thing down here, that is fOOking rife

ODB said:

for the cosmopolitan among us who have driven in different counties and continents it will be easy.

I has driven in the UK under this rule.

I has driven in China under no rules.

Iraq was if your bigger you have right of way and if you have a machine gun on top you automatically win.

Yeah mate. Got a pic somewhere of me mate driving to Kuwait in a v8 supercharged Fraud F250 manual off the clock...thatd be funny to post up.

Also a vid somewhere of same truck down the Kuwaiti motorway with all the speed cameras flashing as we whiz by at 180km/h. Speed limit 90km :) diplomatic immunity lol.

had a guy who stayed with me from Saudi Arabia.

worked for govt and drove a 2010 AMG Merc.

Reckoned he got well over 200 km/h on motorways between cities.....on his brothers licence LOL

Like you said,....diplomatic immunity!

It's interesting cos it's not the same as all other countries because they drive on the other side of the road.

Was nice going from NZ to europe and not having to understand other road rules cos the rules were the same just you drove on the other side of the road.

I think it's a silly change cos it means that the person in the middle of the road is now the one having to give way... so they are in danger of being hit from the front and rear now and they get stuck in the middle lane longer due to left turning traffic.

Ahh well, shall see how it all goes

revive said:

It's interesting cos it's not the same as all other countries because they drive on the other side of the road.

REALLY!! :o SH*T, I've been driving on the wrong side of the road in the UK, the US and Australia for years then! I must be a fantastic driver to of avoided all those accidents ::) but then, so must of everyone else there.....

But seriously, this system makes sense. Yes, the person in the middle is stuck for longer, but if its a busy enough road it should have a center divider for the person to stop in.

It takes any thought out of deciding who gives way. You give way to the right at ALL times, Not a wishy washy "Well, im turning left, and theres a guy turning in front of me, but theres a car a few meters back......" scenario that a lot of ppl (especially ppl not from here) get into.

and for the added danger of being in the middle, if people actually LOOK where they're going rather than going into a haze while driving, then it should be a problem :P

my 2c coming from a person who came from having this (better) rule

WRXER said:

Yeah noticed there alot, tons of cars with primer floating around. :o

lol just keeping our panel beaters in work lol but yeah your right south aucklands full of aggressive drivers that cant keep to the rules and drivers that just dont know how to drive or know the rules,today i was driving on my lane and there were 3 cars in front of me driving on the bus lane,they drove maybe a good 100 meters in the bus lane and then turned right lol too funny,go south auckland lol

• 1 month later...