Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

So I made my GTB parallel twin

Marky

The budget way - just opening flappers & blocking venty things and crossing fingers. 15 minute job max to do it and undo it again so no harm done, just curious. Just followed the hose diagram (smurff?) or someone posted up years back, albiet just unhooking the ECV outright.

To be honest it was better than I expected - made full boost by about 4000 in first and second, did a couple hundred km's with no codes popping up. I would have gotten a video but my boost gauge is out of sight and it's pretty hard to get an impression without seeing it I spose.

Swapped it back because it sounds horrendous until it starts making some boost, sounds like a messed up 5cyl motor or something (or worse, a non turbo subaru). Probably the only downside, for me at least.

Short version is it wasn't as bad as what a grillion forum posts had guessed it was like - it was a bit like driving an 1800 with a TD05 or something on it - it didn't make FULL boost till when the secondary is starting to wake up normally but it ramps up pretty smoothly before that.

I imagine that with the proper extractors (or twin primaries?) it'd be fine, the noise when it's waking up actually sounds pretty mean (in my uneducated bogan opinion). It's the kind of thing I imagine would make sense to do if you were just taking it out for a fang / track day / traffic light grand prix as opposed to day to day? Depends on how you drive I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
 GC8E2DD']

I wonder what turbos Marty Rostenburg used on his H6.

I think it was just two VF22's.

[quote name='ODB said:

be interesting how the turbos cope with that on a daily basis.

Would make sense to have twins as a pose to the two different sized turbos too?

It's probably putting less load on the turbo's during round town driving as they're hardly ever above the boost threshold, just like driving round with a single below the threshold.

And as RSB said, aren't the turbo's the same size anyway? Just different numbers as there's one with a wastegate and one without or something like that

(My knowledge of the TT's is bugger all)