Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What race pads have ppl used on the track....how good...how long lasted... etc

Dave88

Hey guys,

trying to find a good race pad to use that won't get munted in one for two track days.

Tried a mintex race pad and only last one full day at Hampton (brake killer) and one at Puke but most likely had poor brake ventilation so that have now been fixed with removing stone guards and some ducting to get cool air to rotors.

Have heard good things about the Padgid yellow which is real pricey but saves you in long run as last a lot longer

Rather have something that lasts longer/durable that performs awesome but lasts one track day

I recommend Endless N35S Competition compound - they last well, dont eat your rotors too badly, and give really good consistant performance even when reaching their wear limits.

Speak to Richard at Prosport Auto: http://www.endless-sport.co.nz/

They are not cheap (no true race compound pads are), but well worth it.

A lot of guys I race with use the Pagid RS29 (yellows) and have very good things to say about them. Either way, you wont go wrong.

Ducting will also help prolong the life of your pads & discs.

Tony said:

I recommend Endless N35S Competition compound - they last well, dont eat your rotors too badly, and give really good consistant performance even when reaching their wear limits.

A lot of guys I race with use the Pagid RS29 (yellows) and have very good things to say about them. Either way, you wont go wrong.

I use the N35S. They are fantastic. Have lasted a surprisingly long time. But they make my wheels dusty.

I use Hawk DTC-30

Pro's

Price - $425 delivered for front and rear 4/2pots

Work good from cold with excellent performance

Very little pad or rotor wear , have done 50+ laps of ruapuna , 2 tarmac autocrosses and 4 grass autocrosses and still look unused.

Con's

Rather squeely for the street

Alot of brake dust

Very aggressive , easy to lock a wheel if too hard to quick but very good if you ease on the pressure.

Due to being aggressive they tend to overheat the stock rotors rather quick , usually about 5 laps.

I dont think this would be an issue with aftermarket rotors.

rex-leggy said:

after mm jason and i will be able to report back on how znoelli pads go

Been using.these for several years and they are great on 4 pots and brembos. they wear out real fsst but for the price are all g. They arebt harsh on rotors either and have amazing bite when hot.

dusty but dont squeal

funkytown']

[quote name='rex-leggy said:

after mm jason and i will be able to report back on how znoelli pads go

/quote]

Been using.these for several years and they are great on 4 pots and brembos. they wear out real fsst but for the price are all g. They arebt harsh on rotors either and have amazing bite when hot.

dusty but dont squeal

good to know and the price is amazing!

I abused a set of Zonelli pads in spark38s car at Manfield a while back (Type R with factory 4 pots and Zonelli rotors). Can't say I know how old they were, but found them to be entirely inadequate given we were only on road tyres, so they shouldn't have given up as much as they did... But then maybe I am just soft and use the brakes too much!

In my own rally car, I found Hawk Blue 9012s to be ok, Mintex 1166s worked well but didn't last very long (melted down to the backing plate in 1 day of Targa), however I had small brakes and no ducting, so not that suprising.

Ferodo DS2000s had a tendancy to catch fire a lot and rather overpriced, but still worked well while on fire!

• Admin

I have Znoelli pads up front on my V7 with Znoelli slotted + drilled rotors. I don't terribly like them. They dust like CRAZY, they wore really fast (although that's probably mostly the rotors fault) and they are squeally and feel kinda dead now that they're quite worn.

That said, I've never driven them hard enough to get them to fade, and when they were new they stopped pretty damn quickly.

MercuryFree said:

Did about 7 laps with them on after I bedded them in, reasonably impressed especially for the price! Better than whatever was in there

+1 one i leaned on mine quite hard and had not fade at all they were really dusty but meh .

and i didn't get much noise but i wasn't listening all that much for brake noises :D

ill be sticking with them :)

Had a chat to Carl at E&H and he runs with endless pad in his WRX race car and said he was getting awesome wear and results outa them so going to give them a go, not sure which ones he uses yet tho so will update

Tony said:

I use endless too, awsome pads, only done two track days on them then blew my motor so don't know how long they last but for stopping power great upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I used the Znoelli 550 pads on my last track day at Hamton Downs & they only lasted about 10 laps until I had no pedal or front brakes this was not very fun going into turn one slowing down at over 200 ks. They were very dusty & total over heated on the track. They where fine on the street but I would not recommend them as a track pad, I will be switching to padgit or endless.